I am buying a new amp, and don't know what to get. My budget is $600. I have a Jackdon DXMG right now, and a crappy frontman 25r. I was going to get a vypyr 75, but i don't need lots of the effects. Just the the tube screamer, x3 wild, and boost, wah, and sometimes chorus. So i was looking at buying a 6505+, but it is really heavy so i can't get it. So i need help finding an amp.
Last edited by kkpanu9 at Jul 7, 2011,
What are you using the amp for? just practise or gigging too?
1969 Honey Burst Les Paul
2001 Gibson SG
2009 Martin D-15m
2006 Fender Sonoran

1979 MusicMan HD130 2-12
Framus 2-12 V30's
Blackstar HT5

Blackstar Dist-x
Boss DS-1
Crybaby Wah
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone

View my Pedal Thread
get a tube amp then some pedals, or a valve amp, dont get a digital modeling amp though
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Quote by Joshthedamaja
What are you using the amp for? just practise or gigging too?

Right now i use it for practice, but later on i will use it for small gigs.
Quote by Lespauljames
tube amp and valve amp are the same thing.

i just noticed i wrote that haha :S
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
get a tube amp then some pedals, or a valve amp, dont get a digital modeling amp though

Why not? Obviously not a shitty one but there are good moddellers
Quote by leigh596

I think i might do that later on when i can afford i really good tube amp, and some pedals.
Line 6 Flextones are great amps, but a modeller. Same for the Vypyr 75. the only drawback is buying a foot controller to go with it. What bands are you looking to emulate specifically?
Quote by shecter guy
Line 6 Flextones are great amps, but a modeller. Same for the Vypyr 75. the only drawback is buying a foot controller to go with it. What bands are you looking to emulate specifically?

I will never get a line 6. The effects sound really digital. I want to emulate metallica, iron maiden, black sabbath. That kind of stuff.
I would never gig with 75 solid state watts. My 150 watts is hardly enough.

Define Heavy Metal. Do you mean Necrophagist, or Iron Maiden? I'd say a 6505 for modern metal, or score a used Peavey VTM for old school tones.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by kkpanu9
I will never get a line 6. The effects sound really digital. I want to emulate metallica, iron maiden, black sabbath. That kind of stuff.

You're thinking of Spiders, brah. Pretty much everything else Line 6 makes is good or even great.
Bugera 333/xl or 626X for new amps
Carvin V3 or Genz Benz El Diablo if you can find them used.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
I would never gig with 75 solid state watts. My 150 watts is hardly enough.

Define Heavy Metal. Do you mean Necrophagist, or Iron Maiden? I'd say a 6505 for modern metal, or score a used Peavey VTM for old school tones.

that's just your amp then. volume is affected by tons of factors, power is only one of them. plus, basically all gigs are going to be miced; i've gigged with an 80 watt solid state amp with the volume on 2
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.