Poll Options
View poll results: Should it be legal?
Yes, because:
223 82%
No, because:
48 18%
Voters: 271.
Page 1 of 5
It's not a Philosophy thread, it's just damn opinions.
My opinion? Prostitution should be legalized to avoid all the trash behind it and make it cleaner.
and discounts for frequent buyers
Quote by arsonite
I flash my ridiculously white teeth at you in contempt Sir!

Quote by son_of_bodom

OT: variety is the spice of life, my genitals don't discriminate on the basis of religion.
Yes. People are going to do it regardless. No one should be put in jail for paying to have sex. It doesn't make any sense at all.
yes because it brings crime and wasted money down, prostitutes can work in a clean safe environment with rules.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by Tragic Mulatto
yes, and replace paying taxes with receiving oral sex

How about you pop round mine later and pay some taxes?
I read the upper posts and I agree with the stated reasons. So yes, it should be legal.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Last edited by JamSessionFreak at Jul 7, 2011,
I'm on the fence because there are a lot of risks involved such as diseases, violence, etc. And some young girls (early teens-young) might see it as a quick way to make a buck and it could totally flip their lives right over. It being legalized could have a dramatic effect on the younger kids. If you're in your 20's and you want to do it, have at it. But, like sex, I think there should be an age limit. Will people follow it? Probably not, but it's still there to provide at least some protection.
Chyeah! And they ought to be taxed! Everyone else is payin' taxes.

But for real, tax and regulate it. Obviously people are okay with buying and selling.. so make it a market and have them pay their dues, and get protected like every other legal worker.
"Because hoes don't trust anyone.. especially me."
They all end up at the bottom of a river or in binbags in a field, so who gives a shit?
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
They already marketed booze. Now market the thing that booze leads to and BAM! No more recession.

Quote by cliff_em_all
They all end up at the bottom of a river or in binbags in a field, so who gives a shit?

You sir, are awesome
Yes. It should be legalised.

- Hire prostitutes at your own risk. I hear they have different flavours of STDs, if they have them.
- Less money has to be spent on arresting hookers.
- It's not exactly evil.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
I'm a conservative Christian and I can't think of a reason why it shouldn't be legal.
sunbather is shit
I don't see how it's any different from the people that run around bars and pick up any skag they can feel heat coming from to nail it.

I say legalize it. What's the difference, really?
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
I've never NOT paid for sex. Thing about it. You gotta buy the bitch drinks, dinner, movie, etc. And even then, it's not guaranteed!

Prostitution is legal, you just can't directly pay cash for sex.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
I've never NOT paid for sex. Thing about it. You gotta buy the bitch drinks, dinner, movie, etc. And even then, it's not guaranteed!

Prostitution is legal, you just can't directly pay cash for sex.
Plus you gotta listen to all her motherfuckin' problems.

I think there should be ***** Reserves, where all the prostitutes get put in, then people pay to enter the reserve, and stalk and catch the prostitiute they want
Should it be legal for disease carrying *****s to run around ****ing every guy they see for 50-100 bucks. Thus, spreading STD's at an astounding rate and making it even more dangerous for people to have sex? Let's not even consider the amount of infants who will be unwarrantedly conceived and will probably live out the first and last three days of their lives rotting in a trashcan. Silly me, did I forget to mention the multitude of illegitimate rape accusations and cases currently being tried by our court systems. These cases will probably be even more prevalent as a direct result of legalizing prostitution. Yes, lets further demoralize our young men and women by teaching them that not only is their body a temple which should be preserved, but it can also be momentarily rented out by people willing to pay them for it.

Forgive me for not being able to see a reason to legalize prostitution besides " ther guverment can't control wat i doez wit my body" and let me not forget the ever so popular " meh people are gonna do it anyway, might as well let the government get paid for it with taxes". sorry for not wanting to further demoralize the society that we live in to rebel against the government or for mere capital gain.

*awaits eminent shit storm of rebuttal*
Quote by son_of_bodom
Should it be legal for disease carrying *****s to run around ****ing every guy they see for 50-100 bucks. Thus, spreading STD's at an astounding rate and making it even more dangerous for people to have sex? Let's not even consider the amount of infants who will be unwarrantedly conceived and will probably live out the first and last three days of their lives rotting in a trashcan. Silly me, did I forget to mention the multitude of illegitimate rape accusations and cases currently being tried by our court systems. These cases will probably be even more prevalent as a direct result of legalizing prostitution. Yes, lets further demoralize our young men and women by teaching them that not only is their body a temple which should be preserved, but it can also be momentarily rented out by people willing to pay them for it.

Forgive me for not being able to see a reason to legalize prostitution besides " ther guverment can't control wat i doez wit my body" and let me not forget the ever so popular " meh people are gonna do it anyway, might as well let the government get paid for it with taxes". sorry for not wanting to further demoralize the society that we live in to rebel against the government or for mere capital gain.

I'm not in the mood to deal with your backwardass opinions today, sorry.
Quote by son_of_bodom

lolz
How predictable, liberals these days...
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Quote by son_of_bodom

I understand and I think prostitution is wrong but I refuse to think that the government sholud regulate it.
sunbather is shit
Who turns to prostitution? Mainly people who've fallen on hard times. Whether economically or drug related etc. Why criminalise those people? Decriminalise and regulate and everything is safer. Better yet, offer support to them and take these people out of the hands of pimps and real criminals.
Quote by due 07
I'm not in the mood to deal with your backwardass opinions today, sorry.

Finally free of your incessant liberal views and ideals.
Quote by KeepOnRotting
Yes, if it was legal the worst parts of it (STDs, violence, etc) could be reduced.

Right on.

Unfortunately not everyone sees the value in regulating something to make it safer and cleaner.
Quote by FirstDegree
Right on.

Unfortunately not everyone sees the value in regulating something to make it safer and cleaner.

Yea, that's liberal thinking. Stuff of the devil, that is.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Yea, that's liberal thinking. Stuff of the devil, that is.

Loll.

Making things safe and clean.. stuff of the devil.
Quote by FirstDegree
Loll.

Making things safe and clean.. stuff of the devil.

BUT IT'S NOT WUT GAWD WOULD WANT!
It's stupid that doing something for free is legal, but paying for it is illegal. But, if you videotape it, then it's legal again.
No cause I don't like it and I insist on controlling everyone else.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by iwannabesedated
It's stupid that doing something for free is legal, but paying for it is illegal. But, if you videotape it, then it's legal again.
No, it's 'family values'. Or is that the one where being gay is a choice?
Quote by due 07
No, it's 'family values'. Or is that the one where being gay is a choice?

shut up homo
Quote by FunkyDuck
Yes. People are going to do it regardless. No one should be put in jail for paying to have sex. It doesn't make any sense at all.

Plus it costs the state money whenever they put people in prison and right now the state is in bankruptcy. Mostly the people who make laws are old rich white people who own a fancy car.
Page 1 of 5