There's a lot of talk about how guitar size is unimportant. Unfortunately, being 4'11 and 90 lbs does make guitar size an issue. On full bodied guitars, the tend to be fairly wide, though there is some variance. I am almost completely unable to reach the strings to strum on a 'normal' guitar. I end up in an awkward position and while I can play it is hardly comfortable. Playing time is limited because of the pain caused by the awkward position. I've been stealing smaller friend's guitars for years, as my full size epiphone is no fun to play.
Recently I stayed at a hostel and borrowed the guitar from the front desk. It was a sovereign, which is a name I have never heard. Surprisingly it had decent sound and stayed completely in tune. Even better, I enjoyed playing and was at it for over an hour with no pain. I believe it may have been a 3/4 size guitar, as it was MUCH smaller in all dimensions then mine, but not so small that I felt as though I was holding a toy. It simply *fit*.
Unfortuntely my knowledge of guitars has been strictly limited to full size guitars. I'm curious to know if anyone has any knowledge of either the sovereign, or any decent prices guitars that may be suitable. I play casually, around the house, when I'm out at parties or camping. I'm looking for something that sounds decent but doesn't break my (fairly low) bank account, and actually fits my size. Most 12 year olds I work with are at least 4 inches taller than me and outweigh me by a fair bit, for another size reference.

Any information is appreciated. I'm not as concerned about the neck size as I am about being able to reach the strings.

So in short:
I'm looking for recommendations/suggestions for a smaller, thin/slim guitar with decent sound and ability to hold tune. Reasonably priced and not too difficult to locate. Currently located in Ontario, Canada.
not familiar with sovereign, but i am very familiar with smaller guitars, and own a couple 3/4 dreads and a parlor. i know some people think of mini dreads as toys - i did myself - but now i own a yamaha jr1 as a beater, and play it all the time. it sounds best to me with martin silk & steel strings on it, and it's very reasonably priced. you might also want to try a little martin, which have more bass than most mini dreads. the baby taylor and laguna ld1 have a bulging back rather than back bracing, which makes them almost too deep for me.

others worth trying if you can find them are the seagull coastline cedar grand or the art & lutherie ami, and since they're made in canada, i hear they are easy to find and also reasonably priced.

here's another budget small guitar that's a little larger than the mini dreads
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/squier-ma-1-3-4-size-steel-string-acoustic-guitar/510586000000000
although i prefer the sound of the little martin or the godin parlors. still, it's a very nice price and quite playable.

i haven't gotten to play one of these
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/hohner-hw03-3-4-size-acoustic-guitar/512511000000000
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
The Taylor GS MINI the best smaller bodied guitars i have played!! The little martin comes in second
the gs mini is significantly larger than the others, and has the deeper bulging back. for those of us with guitar size issues, it may or may not be a solution.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Quote by patticake
the gs mini is significantly larger than the others, and has the deeper bulging back. for those of us with guitar size issues, it may or may not be a solution.

you are right about the size....well, the little martin is still good though