Yes it is a crazy idea. if you're me.

What genres do you play?
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by moominman2
I stated them mate.

I can get a cheap deal

Sheeit im far to tired.

The orange is better for that british crunch, but its also darker, so its a personal preferance thing now.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Tone aside... isn't the Rocker 30 dearer than a JCA50?

I can see both amps working for the classic rock and blues... depending on how you like the tone... but not so sure about either for RHCP, or the JCA for Hendrix.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
I'd trade, but I was really unimpressed with the Rocker 30.

Guitars:
Charvel USA San Dimas | Jackson Matt Tuck Rhoads | Jackson DK2M Dinky | Epiphone Les Paul Custom Midnight | Fender MIM Sunburst Tele

Amp:
Jet City JCA100HDM | Framus CS 2x12
Quote by ragingkitty
Tone aside... isn't the Rocker 30 dearer than a JCA50?

I can see both amps working for the classic rock and blues... depending on how you like the tone... but not so sure about either for RHCP, or the JCA for Hendrix.

Well, RHCP is straight up Marshally tones... and the JCA can do Hendrix on the clean channel, I would imagine.

Try the JCA if you can, before you make a decision.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Just the point out. If the combo in question is the 50 watt 2x12 thats quite different from the head.. Its a lower gain amp so may work well...
Only do it if you're getting a fairly large sum along with the JCA. The Orange is worth three times as much...
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
There's two 50 watt JCA cmbos, make sure you know which you're looking at.

There's the JCA5212RC which is a lower-gain 212 combo with a separate EQ for each channel and sping reverb, and there's the JCA5012 which is a 112 combo version of their standard 50 watt higher-gain head.