last week i played too long and didnt stop even after i knew i should, most of the time i have enough sense to stop, but i was really bored lol. since then my tendons in my wrist have been sore and sometimes i get a tingly sensation in my fingers. i think i stretched or pulled a tendon in my wrist. i play in a band every week so i just cant stop playing completely for a week. what would u guys suggest i do? im trying to play only what i need to. oh yeah and my wrist is red were my veins are
Last edited by brenton393 at Jul 7, 2011,
Stop playing until the pain goes away.
Understand nothing, in order to learn everything.

Quote by liampje
I can write a coherent tune ... But 3/4? I play rock, not polka.
yeah i wouldnt play for a couple of weeks. if the pain and swelling persists, see a doctor immediately. you may have tendinitis, which would suck immensely. and if the band bitches tell them that your a narcissistic bastard and dont feel like playing through the pain
Stuff that I bought:

Washburn WM24V
Raven RG100 Amplifier
Zoom G1X Multi-Effects Pedal

Quote by jsync
how do you define a guitar for a female?
how about one that whines and has trouble with feedback?
Last edited by Destinyrider22 at Jul 7, 2011,
Well looks like you HAVE to stop playing for >1 week.

Why?
If you don't, soon you won't be playing possibly at all/ever again if you permanently damage your tendons/wrist.

So which one you want?
- Not play for 2 weeks
- Never play ever again
It's spelled wiener.
thnx for the advice, i just told the band im in, that im taking two weeks off, still playing this Sunday though, since im kinda needed... could any working out like pushups, pullups etc hurt my wrist...
Quote by brenton393
thnx for the advice, i just told the band im in, that im taking two weeks off, still playing this Sunday though, since im kinda needed... could any working out like pushups, pullups etc hurt my wrist...

My advice is to see a doctor, see if you can get some brace for your arm. Generally just keep it straight.

This is the tip of the iceberg though, find out WHY you're getting a strained wrist. Maybe you're doing stuff IRL that just puts too much stress on it. Are you playing guitar too much in the wrong position/too much tension? etc

Try massaging your wrists, go to doctors...etc, they may be useless and can only prescribe antibiotics, but a good doctor will point you in the right direction
It's spelled wiener.
What is carpal tunnel syndrome?
Carpal tunnel syndrome is caused when there is pressure in the carpal tunnel that compresses the median nerve, causing the nerve to function improperly. Because the carpal tunnel is surrounded by bone on one side, and an inflexible ligament on the other, if pressure builds, the nerve has nowhere to go. Simply put, in carpal tunnel syndrome the nerve gets squished.