Hi guys so im looking to upgrade to my first tube amp. looking to spend around 500 or less, and i'll also be living in an apartment so i dont need anything to crazy. A few that I have been looking into are:

vox ac15c1
orange tiny terror
vox night train
blackheart little giant
marshall dsl 401 (used)

I have been leaning torwards the vox ac15 but it would be cool to hear some of your guy's suggestions/advice. And if it matters at all i have an esp ltd ec-1000 with seymour duncans, thanks!
Jet City JCA2112RC
Peavey valveking
orange dual terror
also some more to look into, ive played a tiny terror, and with pedals into it you could crank the DS and it would still sound great
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Without knowing what genres you play, I'd second the Peavey Valveking suggestion. I have the 1 x 12 sitting next to much more expensive amps and it gets as much play as they do. With new PA tubes, it's an even better amp than when it first comes out of the box - these amps are notorious for hum issues, which are correctable by replacing the PA tubes.
Quote by svoboda805
sorry meant to add that..mostly rock and hard rock

Jet City JCA20 would be your best bet, so long as you don't want to get extremely heavy with it (modern Metal, etc.).
Trust what the other guys said a Peavey Valveking would be perfect.
Guitars
Charvel Model 7 Tele
Jackson Kelly XLR
Fender MIM Strat
Kramer 300ST
Jackson Dinky
Douglas Debeo Octanis
Ibanez AE Acoustic
Amps/Cabs
Peavey Valveking
Raven RG60
Pedals
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-2
Boss DD-20
Ibanez SM-7
too many good choices!..how do the Peavey Valveking and/or Jet City JCA20 sound clean?
Quote by svoboda805
too many good choices!..how do the Peavey Valveking and/or Jet City JCA20 sound clean?

the JCA20 has absolutely no cleans, you can get a mild dirt, but not much less than that , as it is a single channel. i know Jet City was/is making a two channel version, so that might be worth waiting for.

the valveking's cleans are actually quite decent.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by svoboda805
Hi guys so im looking to upgrade to my first tube amp. looking to spend around 500 or less, and i'll also be living in an apartment so i dont need anything to crazy. A few that I have been looking into are:

vox ac15c1
orange tiny terror
vox night train
blackheart little giant
marshall dsl 401 (used)

I have been leaning torwards the vox ac15 but it would be cool to hear some of your guy's suggestions/advice. And if it matters at all i have an esp ltd ec-1000 with seymour duncans, thanks!

It looks like you're looking at micro heads. You might not have looked at mostly because it's impossible try them before you buy. A lot of people people seem to either don't know about forget about Carvin.

With that said you might want to look at the Carvin V3M three channels Ii can handle just about any style you can think of. It's also bedroom volume friendly because it has three power levels 50/22/7

Just my 2¢ of the amps you listed the Vox night train is the best of that bunch
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
Quote by trashedlostfdup
the JCA20 has absolutely no cleans, you can get a mild dirt, but not much less than that , as it is a single channel. i know Jet City was/is making a two channel version, so that might be worth waiting for.

the valveking's cleans are actually quite decent.

The two channel jca22h does not have a clean channel either. It adds a heavier channel while the first channel is the same as the jca20
The Night Train, Tiny Terror and Valveking will do what you want. You may want to boost the Night Train a bit though, though it can get pretty gainy by itself on the thick channel. YMMV.

Valveking combos sound miles better with a tube and speaker swap.
thanks a ton guys..I noticed that none of you guys have said anything about the vox ac15c1 which is what i was leaning towards, do you guys have any criticisms against it or simply think some other ones that have been mentioned are better?
Quote by coolstoryangus
The two channel jca22h does not have a clean channel either. It adds a heavier channel while the first channel is the same as the jca20

interesting. i didn't know that. i don't really pay a whole lot of attnetion to the newer stuff coming out on the lower end of the price range. it just seemed to me is that would be logical, to add a clean on a single OD channel amp.

sorry if i spread any misinformation. i try to minimize doing so.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/