Page 1 of 4
I've never been lost? Is it really worth it?
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by Gorelord666

Initially you get a sense of danger and freedom. Then you just get majorly pissed off and want your mummy.
Quote by Sir-Shredalot
Initially you get a sense of danger and freedom. Then you just get majorly pissed off and want your mummy.

Aah. So like everyday when I was at school.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by Gorelord666

So long as you're not in danger, it can be fun... and it's really cool to look back on when you do eventually find your way.
Quote by vitchb
So long as you're not in danger, it can be fun... and it's really cool to look back on when you do eventually find your way.

This. Though is does kinda suck when it's happening, especially if you need to be somewhere.

Also, I'm 19 and have never used half of these things. I don't get who this article is targeted at.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Jul 7, 2011,
Climbing trees, running around all over the village, because you could.

Nowadays? "Don't go out there, a pedo will get you and take you away"
Never heard of tan M&M's and never owned a walkman, though I did have a portable CD player.
Quote by trueamerican
Being lost when intoxicated is awesome. It's an adventure.

I went to upvote this post lol. too much time on reddit.

But I concur

I've slit the throats of clergymen and governors
Those bloated swine...
May their screams unhinge a thankless crown

<= last.fm

Quote by Butt Rayge

Everyone is cunts.
hmmmm im sure us kids of the 90s will never experience toilets outside our homes :P
Internet trolls are like sap in trees. sticky and annoying, but good on pancakes.
What a lame list.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
What about things like Cassettes? VHS? leaded fuel? things that are actually cool.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
I'm only 19 and have experienced all of these things

I disagree with the one about real books. There's no way in hell that e-books will completely replace real paper books.
If you're part of the 2% kids who has experienced most of these put this in your sig.
Quote by institutions
I'm only 19 and have experienced all of these things

Probably for the younger generation. My future kids will think it's silly that I told them that I had to rewind my movies if I wanted to watch it again, or blowing the bottom of a video game cartridge to get it to read.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
lame list is lame.
Quote by Våd Hamster
Fuck yes you are the best poster ever

do you wanna hear a little piano composition I have just made?, I promise it don't totally sucks, you can hear it on my profile, any feedback would be really appreciated -C4C
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Probably for the younger generation. My future kids will think it's silly that I told them that I had to rewind my movies if I wanted to watch it again, or blowing the bottom of a video game cartridge to get it to read.

I still remember the old VHS re-winder we had.

Quote by due 07

I make music sometimes.
The real books thing is ridiculous. School's aren't going to be able to afford a Kindle for every kid in the school.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Pinball machines
Led Zeppelin live
Trading vinyl with friends so you could illegally "download" it onto a cassette.
Cheap gas
Taking your own beer into a venue of any sort.
Jimi Hendrix live.
Sex without AIDS.
No speed limits
Atari
Tigers milk
Freedom
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
With a lot of these I must say I thought "oh. So?"

Getting lost? I have no GPS on my phone or in car or anything and I'm perfectly capable of getting around. Surely for as long as people have had any form of sense getting lost hasn't been as much of an issue?
(And the thing about just being late all the time is stupid too. Just because you can tell someone you're going to be late doesn't stop it being as annoying and inconvenient as it's always been.)

The one on Walkmans is a bit odd, MP3 players are obviously very successful and essentially the same thing but easier to use. It's like saying people today will never experience steam trains - that's because modern trains are better.

I was slightly confused about the phones next to beds comment too. I know my parents had a landline next to their bed, it's just where a lot of people keep phones regardless of being mobile or landline. It's not dependant to want people to be able to get a hold of you if they need.

The one on books is the one that I wonder about most those. Indeed reference books I can see why people do not buy so much (dictionaries, encyclopedias, etc) but I still would never choose an eBook over a real one. Maybe it's just me, but they seem very different in a very real way. If I had a choice between a bookshelf full of books or a USB stick, I know what I'd choose. It may seem equivalent to music and MP3s, and although in some ways it is, with music it is about the sound itself which is why I don't care as much about CDs (although I do prefer to own CDs, even if I rip them immediately) whereas with a book it is the words on the pages you are after. You actively pay attention to the physical thing (the words, the book) whereas music is more a passive listening to sound, something you cannot hold in your hands. Then also I guess to listen to music you already need a machine of some variety to play it, so why not also have it contain the music, whereas with a book you need nothing more than the book. /ramble
Awful list...
Czechoslavakia? What the ****? How many people outside of Czechoslavakia have experienced it?
Real Books? They...still exist....
Camera film....all photography classes that weren't specific to digital photography use these types of cameras...
Walkman? **** I'm several years older than "kids these days" and I think I've only seen a walkman on the history channel.

Awful, AWFUL list.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
I've experienced most of these. Don't really remember tan M&M's, but cool. And the whole thing about Nick@Nite, that's probably more of a generational thing. I personally don't care much for I Love Lucy . Never have.

And getting rid of camera film makes things a whole lot easier. Now you don't have to wait until all the film is developed to see the picture you took and decide if you like it.
Fanfiction profile: Kutlessrocker's Fanfiction profile. Click Me!

Quote by BrokenBricks
haha yah, kinda. cows are such hilarious creatures, they would be so worthless in nature. the totality of their existence is to taste good with A1 poured on them.
Quote by abdulalhazred

Walkman? **** I'm several years older than "kids these days" and I think I've only seen a walkman on the history channel.

Awful, AWFUL list.

You're missing out on life then, or lying about your age.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by abdulalhazred
Awful list...
Czechoslavakia? What the ****? How many people outside of Czechoslavakia have experienced it?
Real Books? They...still exist....
Camera film....all photography classes that weren't specific to digital photography use these types of cameras...

Awful, AWFUL list.

What? How old are you?
I used to have a walkman and I'm only 19.
Haven't been to Czechoslovakia but I preffered it to the Czech Republic namewise.
Camera film is a dying thing though since how many of the public will be using film based camera's nowadays? Not many.

Quote by Kutless Rocker

And getting rid of camera film makes things a whole lot easier. Now you don't have to wait until all the film is developed to see the picture you took and decide if you like it.

But it's also more difficult to mess about with the image as you take it, like increased exposure, aperture etc. And film can give much more "artistic" outcomes from my understanding.
Last edited by SG_dave at Jul 7, 2011,
I thought this would be a list of cool things kids miss out on, turns out I was wrong. Good riddance.
I did that shit manually.
Dead bull with the life from the low
I'll be massive conquistador
Give me soul and show me the door
Metal heavy, soft at the core
Gimme toro, gimme some more

Steam: Mengsk
MAL
Quote by SG_dave
What? How old are you?
I used to have a walkman and I'm only 19.
Haven't been to Czechoslovakia but I preffered it to the Czech Republic namewise.
Camera film is a dying thing though since how many of the public will be using film based camera's nowadays? Not many.

Maybe I was just richer than you than maybe I just didn't get into music early enough. Whenever I had a portable music player before MP3 players came along it was a portable CD player.

And with camera film, people will still use it, granted not many, but still...I don't see that as losing out.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
Quote by abdulalhazred
Maybe I was just richer than you than maybe I just didn't get into music early enough. Whenever I had a portable music player before MP3 players came along it was a portable CD player.

And with camera film, people will still use it, granted not many, but still...I don't see that as losing out.

Vinyl records are still around but how many teens of this generation can say they use vinyl.

You must not be very old like you're claiming if you've never used a cassette player. Owning a walkman doesn't mean anything about being rich or not.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Terrible list. So stupid. Czechoslovakia? Really? How are they missing out on that?

People can still get lost. Walkmans are inferior to MP3 players.
I'mCool

Quote by StewieSwan
Don't you have some tourists to beat up?

Quote by Zoot Allures
Nah he's too busy feeling like a big man hitting women he knows to 'put them in their place'.
Quote by SG_dave
But it's also more difficult to mess about with the image as you take it, like increased exposure, aperture etc. And film can give much more "artistic" outcomes from my understanding.

You can do literally all of that and more with digital.

Control over things like those are still available on any DSLR, and even with film you still could get automatic ones that did that all for you.
Quote by Eric_Fail
Terrible list. So stupid. Czechoslovakia? Really? How are they missing out on that?

People can still get lost. Walkmans are inferior to MP3 players.

Yes! Why don't more people listen to you?
Quote by Jackal58
What a lame list.

Agreed. Some were too obvious, and the rest were just lame.
Page 1 of 4