Hey Everyone,

My electric guitar just got shipped to me across the country after sitting in a closet for a few months . Now I am getting a buzz from the guitar when I play plugging into my recording interface. I opened up the back and re-soldered connections that looked like they could be loose, but I'm still getting the sound. Also when I touch the strings the buzz DOES NOT GO AWAY. Usually if it's a grounding issue, it will go away when you touch the strings, no? The buzz seems to fade slightly if the guitar is tilted in a certain way, which I find odd, but that's the only time it disappears a bit. Does anyone know what the problem is? Are they issues with pickups or components that can cause buzzing that aren't related to ground wiring issues? I also think that the grounding on my computer outlet is just fine, so I'm not sure what's the problem here.

Thank you!
Could be that the pickups are picking up the signal from your PC from sitting too close.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Seen this myself. Also try moving the amp to a new location in the room, or turning it slightly to face a new direction.
Quote by dmorr
Hey Everyone,

My electric guitar just got shipped to me across the country after sitting in a closet for a few months . Now I am getting a buzz from the guitar when I play plugging into my recording interface. I opened up the back and re-soldered connections that looked like they could be loose, but I'm still getting the sound. Also when I touch the strings the buzz DOES NOT GO AWAY. Usually if it's a grounding issue, it will go away when you touch the strings, no? The buzz seems to fade slightly if the guitar is tilted in a certain way, which I find odd, but that's the only time it disappears a bit. Does anyone know what the problem is? Are they issues with pickups or components that can cause buzzing that aren't related to ground wiring issues? I also think that the grounding on my computer outlet is just fine, so I'm not sure what's the problem here.

Thank you!

sometimes if you use a recording interface, computer, effects and or amp all on the same outlet.

of if there's an object with a sub par plug, you'll get a hum noise on the line.

if there's a battery option.

or if you can move objects to other lines, you might stop the buzz.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
thanks for the helpful responses. I have tried moving the interface and guitar on the other side of the room, it didn't fix the problem although it did reduce a noticeable noise-floor I was hearing on top of the buzzing.

I am just going to bring my guitar to my friend's place tomorrow and see if the same thing goes on on his setup, because I know his setup doesn't have noise issues.

thanks!