HEy guys just me again! I wanted to show you guys this picture i made, which combines peices from the 3 big frankenstrats, the bumblebee, black and white, and the red white and black. I'm going to try and make it, and I wanted to know what you guys think I should change on it. Also keep in mind it wont look perfect, as this is just a design, and not what the real guitar would look like. here it is!

Quote by mcraddict81592
If you need to kill a man with a 9v adapter? I say strangulate. Or swing the heavy end around and aim for the temple, all depends on your style.

FrankenBee Build
Last edited by Jarrodthebobo at Jul 7, 2011,
Can anyone tell me what I should do different with this? Seems like there should be something else...please suggest whatever you can
Quote by mcraddict81592
If you need to kill a man with a 9v adapter? I say strangulate. Or swing the heavy end around and aim for the temple, all depends on your style.

FrankenBee Build
paintjob looks pretty sweet if you can pull it off. it needs something but i cant put my finger on it...
Quote by ethan_hanus
More pickups, and a better paint job.

I only want one pickup and that isnt a paintjob, its an edited red white and black frankenstrat photo if you didn't guess that XD.

And I know what you mean, it does look like its missing something...
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
i think it looks so empty because theres no knobs or switch, which means addng a pup, which i fully support =D the paint lidea ooks sweet though

and does it have 2 bridges? and 2 trems? that seems overkill
Quote by xadioriderx

It's a pickup and then a bridge.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
Quote by xadioriderx
i think it looks so empty because theres no knobs or switch, which means addng a pup, which i fully support =D the paint lidea ooks sweet though

There will be just a volume knob. No switches or extra knobs. I never use my neck pickup, which is why I only want one pickup, the bridge. I'm going eddie van halen here, so no tone knob or selecter switch. Any tips on the pickguard or paint or anything else like that?

Also thats one bridge/tremolo, its a floyd rose and the angle makes it look like 2 bridges lol

Edit:

When I go to make this I might want a new neck. Can somone suggest me a good CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP maple neck, with tuners (preferibley)
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
Hit up eBay for a mightymight neck or maybe even a used Charvel one, alot of people leave the nut and tuners on Charvel necks when they sell them.
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
Quote by Metalfan41
Hit up eBay for a mightymight neck or maybe even a used Charvel one, alot of people leave the nut and tuners on Charvel necks when they sell them.

Checked up both, and unfortunatley could not find anything in my price zone . Thanks anyways!
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
Maybe a Squire neck then? Most decent maple necks aren't cheap even when buying used.
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
i got a mighty mite neck p90 on ebay for like 30 bucks recently
40 and its yours
i havent used it yet, not sure if im going to on something soon
make sure you search mighty mite not mighty might

and i see now about the FR bridge, it just looked like the fine tuners were another bridge lol

do you know how to do that paint job already? i have never done it but i would think a base of white or gray, then tape of sections and do them gray, then do your final lines taped off and shoot yellow over it. i would seal each color layer with a little clear, so any mistakes can be sanded lightly without taking the prior color off
Quote by xadioriderx
i got a mighty mite neck p90 on ebay for like 30 bucks recently
40 and its yours
i havent used it yet, not sure if im going to on something soon
make sure you search mighty mite not mighty might

and i see now about the FR bridge, it just looked like the fine tuners were another bridge lol

do you know how to do that paint job already? i have never done it but i would think a base of white or gray, then tape of sections and do them gray, then do your final lines taped off and shoot yellow over it. i would seal each color layer with a little clear, so any mistakes can be sanded lightly without taking the prior color off

I know how to do the paint job. It is black, then its taped,then white, then its taped again, and then yellow . Same as a normal frankenstrat XD. I may have to buy that neck off of you, its just I don't know how much money ill have left after my purchases.

I'm getting
1:gfs VEH pickup, 33 bucks
2: 500k volume pot (unless my fender starcaster already has a 500k...) 2 bucks
3:black pickguard, one humbucker hole, 12 bucks.

So it ends up been around 51 bucks (including the change i didnt lists )and i have 90 to spend. I'm also not including shipping on the 51 bucks, which is probably 8 dollars.

Although I already have an okay neck (a fender starcaster neck) it has a rosewood fretboard and I kinda wanted a maple one...How much could I sell the starcaster neck for? With tuners and without em.
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
Make a killswitch and maybe coil tap
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Quote by xadioriderx
oh wow, we both misread each other, i glanced over it and thought you meant neck pickup, i have a mighty might neck pickup i got for 30 LOL
not a neck. my bad =p

lol! Thats why you said p90 XD. I was a bit confused.

I'm not looking for anything more electronics wise, just the looks. I want no killswitch, or coil tap. Also I updated the picture, it looks better now.
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
I think some kind of colors on the pickguard instead of all that black space. I'm thinking somethinglike the tortise shell, but very light brown, nearly a yellow, and less of it, more like a marble look, mostly black, maybe 10-15% color. Like this but more yellow than red http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcReX3-o2s5AVZuN06KNLYrfKyXsaS5tAyMx1zW_qJAft-xP0TJy (took that off google image search, dont know if it will post right) or http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8HWkzzSptcOcDCN1ih-1upcUSXgjVY2Yo20yTC6fO9JFrCxXg
Reverse headstock?
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
Quote by RebuildIt
I think some kind of colors on the pickguard instead of all that black space. I'm thinking somethinglike the tortise shell, but very light brown, nearly a yellow, and less of it, more like a marble look, mostly black, maybe 10-15% color. Like this but more yellow than red http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcReX3-o2s5AVZuN06KNLYrfKyXsaS5tAyMx1zW_qJAft-xP0TJy (took that off google image search, dont know if it will post right) or http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8HWkzzSptcOcDCN1ih-1upcUSXgjVY2Yo20yTC6fO9JFrCxXg

Not quite sure I like this....but I can always put a pickguard that color over that picture...
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
What the hell are those loop things sticking out where the strap buttons are supposed to be?

Also, for my money I'd stick with the rosewood. For some reason I hate the look of maple fretboards.

But that's just me.
LOOK

Call me Neutral.
Quote by da_
I wonder if you get more out put if you wire a battery to your penis.
Quote by NeutralFan
What the hell are those loop things sticking out where the strap buttons are supposed to be?

Also, for my money I'd stick with the rosewood. For some reason I hate the look of maple fretboards.

But that's just me.

I'm gonna have to stick with what I have actually. I bought a whammy bar and strings today for a total of 13 bucks, then bought black and white laquer paint (can't find yellow anywhere!) for around 9. my budget is 90 bucks.
90-22=68. Then I have to order 51 bucks worth of parts, and the shipping is like 8 bucks, so I'm really cutting it close here on my budget...

No maple neck for me!
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
Also where Can i get laquer paint? My stores only have black white and clear, do they not sell colors such as yellow? If not, what can i use instead of laquer?
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
napa has tons of colors. some colors come in big cans but many come in a bit smaller ones. they arent clearly labeled acrylic lacquer, but they say it on the back. look for the smaller cans of body matched paint. it comes in most common colors for each maker of car, you should find yellow there
this stuff
Quote by xadioriderx
those are 6 bucks, they have big cans of napa brand acryl lac for 5 in numerous colors

LOL I WENT TO NAPA TODAY TO LOOK FOR LAQUEAR! But I didn't find it. I'm gonna have to go back.
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
Quote by Jarrodthebobo
LOL I WENT TO NAPA TODAY TO LOOK FOR LAQUEAR! But I didn't find it. I'm gonna have to go back.

yeahhh, the napa brand ones are pretty well labeled, if they have them, but the dupli color body matched ones arent labeled unless you turn it around and read it, i was lucky to have noticed it!

these are spray paint cans too, not cans for air guns or anything, fyi, not sure if thats what you need or not now that i think of it
Quote by Leon987
i always like to paint the headstock too, and make (or buy) it this kinda shape:
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLdC0AkeRiRyFVQ8a-4KRc7Ee92T6gQemHkMCkqK070m1hdg8L&t=1
I would also go with straplocks (or buttons) instead of the rings

The buttons that are on my strat are pretty crappy so im going with the hooks XD.

Also I may make the headstock into that shape, but I don't think I will paint it.
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build