So I have an interview in a few days about a job installing speaker systems for different places such as gyms and theatres. I was wondering what would help me out in the interview I was told by one of the workers i should bring in the 1X12 cab i recently built to show drive and how well I can work on things. I'm looking for anyhting to help me out here, even if it is obvious. Thank you for all future input.
CONFIDENCE!

Go in and raise your leg, mark your territory TS.
-The Crimson Fucker, aka PonyFan #376121
Quote by metal4eva_22
Go in and raise your leg, mark your territory TS.

This is hilarious.

thank you though.
Dress=first impression. Dress professionally, i.e. suit, tie (not a Mickey Mouse one either), and shine your shoes. Yeah it sounds stupid, but if you meet someone and they see your shoes are shined, it shows that you care about your appearance (and in turn other things like your job) more than the average Joe, making you that much more wanted. Show up in advance, not 5 minutes late, be nice, courteous, and honest.
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not
Would a color such as purple or green be better than a simple black and white tie? completely random but people never tell me this so I'm not sure.
Good hand shake = super important. Don't crush their hand but don't be all limp. Make sure your hands lock in properly, like at your thumb joint.
And look them in the eyes, but try not to be intimidating.
Member of the Laney Cult
Just threw out random colors but thank you. I was planning black dress shirt, dress pants and shoes and a silver/white tie. And on the handshake thank you for mentioning that I know people overlook that so often.
Yea a suit is overdoing it for this job if you ask me. A Polo and slacks/khakis should work. Make sure your hands look good too. Nails clipped etc. Firm hand shake was mentioned. Shave if you grow facial hair. Comb your hair. Shower in the morning. Dont wear too much cologne. Make sure you use proper grammar and call him sir/mam unless instructed to do otherwise. Eye contact is a huge must and show confidence, not arrogance, there is a difference.
Hand shake, then don't sit down until they ask you to. I dunno why, but people always tell me that. Also don't wear purple or green for the love of god.
Quote by Ace88
Forgive me, O bastion of ear tuning. My stringeth be old, my tuning be quick; hopefully one day your string will snap you in the dick.
threw out random colors not a plan for them. the sit down was great advice thank you. and i have longish hair would cutting it help at all? I've heard that longer hair usually can seem unprofessional.
Quote by cmc5890
threw out random colors not a plan for them. the sit down was great advice thank you. and i have longish hair would cutting it help at all? I've heard that longer hair usually can seem unprofessional.

if you don't have a problem cutting it then I personally think you should. A professional haircut is fitting since well..it makes you look like a professional.

As for the don't sit till they let you. firm handshake. dress nicely biz. All great advice. I wore a dress shirt/pants/shoes to get a job as a dishwasher. weeks after getting the job the manager said "lol i actually hired you because you dressed up for an interview for a dishwasher position"
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
First order of business: Smile, make eye contact, and speak clearly.

Good lord, so much misguided fashion advice. When in doubt, do the opposite of what pre-pubescent metal heads tell you about looking professional.

Shirt: For no reason should you ever where a black dress shirt with a dark suit. No matter how old you are, you will always look like a dirty hipster in early high school.

Ties: One can never go wrong with a red tie and a white or light blue shirt. But for the love of god, don't look at musicians for dress ideas, look at TV anchors and Corporate Executives, thats what professional dress actually looks like, not Billy Joe Armstong wearing a sloppy red tie. Personally, I prefer bright colored ties with either very small checked patterns or diagonal stripes. (This is also applicable to most of the aforementioned individuals who have set the standard for professional dress)

Hair: Yes, get a haircut. Once again, long hair goes out of style at an exponential rate past 8th grade. Metalheads think it looks cool, the other 99% of the world thinks you look greasy and unkempt.

What level of management are you interiewing with?
Quote by JaykeSucks
Good hand shake = super important. Don't crush their hand but don't be all limp. Make sure your hands lock in properly, like at your thumb joint.
And look them in the eyes, but try not to be intimidating.

+ over 9000
I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte
Quote by mattocaster99
First order of business: Smile, make eye contact, and speak clearly.

Good lord, so much misguided fashion advice. When in doubt, do the opposite of what pre-pubescent metal heads tell you about looking professional.

Shirt: For no reason should you ever where a black dress shirt with a dark suit. No matter how old you are, you will always look like a dirty hipster in early high school.

Ties: One can never go wrong with a red tie and a white or light blue shirt. But for the love of god, don't look at musicians for dress ideas, look at TV anchors and Corporate Executives, thats what professional dress actually looks like, not Billy Joe Armstong wearing a sloppy red tie. Personally, I prefer bright colored ties with either very small checked patterns or diagonal stripes. (This is also applicable to most of the aforementioned individuals who have set the standard for professional dress)

Hair: Yes, get a haircut. Once again, long hair goes out of style at an exponential rate past 8th grade. Metalheads think it looks cool, the other 99% of the world thinks you look greasy and unkempt.

What level of management are you interiewing with?

I bolded the wrong parts
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by Slashestranged
Don't smoke weed like that other guy
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Pink Floyd

#Ziggy2017
Quote by cmc5890
So I have an interview in a few days about a job installing speaker systems for different places such as gyms and theatres. I was wondering what would help me out in the interview I was told by one of the workers i should bring in the 1X12 cab i recently built to show drive and how well I can work on things. I'm looking for anyhting to help me out here, even if it is obvious. Thank you for all future input.

I'd definitely bring that in as it applies to the job and if you did a good job on it the employer will probably be impressed. Just sell your skills really.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
My friend told me that when going for an interview, go in and whip out your boner to show your intense enthusiasm for the job.

But for real, be chock full of confidence. Answer all questions honestly and to the best of your ability.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
I have the interview with he owner of the company. I've met him before he is pretty laid back and such. My hair at the moment is about to my eyes would that be too long?
Maybe take a wingman with you to interview as a team.

1969 Honey Burst Les Paul
2001 Gibson SG
2009 Martin D-15m
2006 Fender Sonoran

1979 MusicMan HD130 2-12
Framus 2-12 V30's
Blackstar HT5

Blackstar Dist-x
Boss DS-1
Crybaby Wah
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone

View my Pedal Thread
Don't fap

but seriously, just answer questions truthfully and smile. Also, the internets have good tips about this stuff as well.

But still' don't fap