I had a tech at guitar center reattach the original pickguard, made a new nut, and fill in some body damage so it doesn't get worse (well actually the tech acted like he could repair the damage, but it looks about the same...he says he filled it in so it will not get worse)...

I will probably keep her for a while and then sell down the road.

This guitar seemed to get everyones attention at guitar center..employees and customers.
Everyone seemed to be impressed with the flame in the wood. The pickup in this thing is wonderful.

The guitar does have what appears to be one replaced fret...and one fret wire seems to be too low causing some dead notes.

I guess my main question is...how much should I expect to pay for fret work?

Anyone know how much that body damage will effect the value?
It is such a shame because other than that minor body damage it is in great shape for it's age.
You mean the body damage in the third picture?? If so, then the value shouldn't decrease...much if any. Fret work (to replace a fret) is around $20 at my local store. Not sure about wire though.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Yeah that damage wouldn't devalue it all, it looks like natural aging wear as opposed to "oh shit, I dropped my guitar" wear. Beautiful guitar though man, I'd give anything to play something like that.
Member of the Laney Cult
thankyou for that.....Glad to hear.
Even though I do not play much...it is going to be hard to let this guitar go.
by the way...
when you add what I paid for this guitar....new tunning buttons...and repair cost, I am only in this guitar at $225....so I am doing pretty good.
dude, if you are only in $225, look to make a huge profit when selling. a vintage Gibson would prolly bring in a nice payout. prolly not like thirty grand or anything but still, several times what you payed for the guitar
Quote by shecter guy
dude, if you are only in $225, look to make a huge profit when selling. a vintage Gibson would prolly bring in a nice payout. prolly not like thirty grand or anything but still, several times what you payed for the guitar

Yeah...they seem to go for around $1500 in good condition.