Hey guys. At the moment, I have two very awesome amps. A Peavey Classic 30 and a Peavey 6505+. However, I want just ONE awesome amp. The thing is, I play jazz, blues, country, all the way up to the deepest, heaviest death metal you can come up with. (Actually, it's very CoB esque.) I was hoping to find an amp that can do it all, basically.

I have a very tight budget at the moment, BUT I'm not looking to buy right away. More along the lines of searching for something to save up for. I'm more than willing to go boutique, but only if I have to. I would much rather have something that will be in business for a long time instead of buying a boutique amp and having them go out of business.

So UG, what's the amp out there that can do it all?
For what you're saying I'd say go for the Orange Rockerverb can't go wrong there.
Guitars
Charvel Model 7 Tele
Jackson Kelly XLR
Fender MIM Strat
Kramer 300ST
Jackson Dinky
Douglas Debeo Octanis
Ibanez AE Acoustic
Amps/Cabs
Peavey Valveking
Raven RG60
Pedals
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-2
Boss DD-20
Ibanez SM-7
Peavey Vypyr. It's got 12 amp models built in, 12 effects and two sets of 12 effects on the 30W model. If you go for the 75W model it's got a built in USB port as well. All the models have an input so you can jam along with your favorite MP3s.
Quote by newfriend
Peavey Vypyr. It's got 12 amp models built in, 12 effects and two sets of 12 effects on the 30W model. If you go for the 75W model it's got a built in USB port as well. All the models have an input so you can jam along with your favorite MP3s.

I'm really hoping you're a troll. I state that I'm willing to go boutique and you come to me with this? No offence intended, if you're serious.
You could get the new Line 6 DT50 + POD HD500 setup. I've only watched a couple videos on them, but it seems like the tones would be limitless.

If you're not looking for a modeler, the Peavey XXX II sounds like it would nail everything you're going for. It's just a rehoused JSX, and the JSX is extremely versatile - certainly able to produce tones for each of the genres you listed.

If you want something a little more high end, either a Mesa Roadster or a Mark V would be good as well.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by The.new.guy
No offence intended, if you're serious.

One does not call another a troll if one is not meaning to offend.

You said you wanted a versatile amp and I mentioned one. I'll move along.
Quote by newfriend
One does not call another a troll if one is not meaning to offend.

You said you wanted a versatile amp and I mentioned one. I'll move along.

Fair enough.

I've been looking at the Mark Series for some time now. The one this I'm worried about mostly is: If it can do Jazz and Blues, can it also do Metal? And vise-versa. Children of Bodom may not have the heaviest tone in all of music, but it certainly isn't low-gain and I don't think Eric Clapton would settle for anything less than Fender cleans.
I'm no expert, but the vypyr I am looking at myself will play tones that sit within the clean ranges of jazz/blues and old surfer music all the way to metal. I prefer metal myself, so I didn't focus too much on the cleaner stuff. Give it a whirl yourself at your favorite shop. If you don't like it, call me a troll again. :P
Seriously an Orange amp will be worth saving up for, if not a 5150 good sir.
Guitars
Charvel Model 7 Tele
Jackson Kelly XLR
Fender MIM Strat
Kramer 300ST
Jackson Dinky
Douglas Debeo Octanis
Ibanez AE Acoustic
Amps/Cabs
Peavey Valveking
Raven RG60
Pedals
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-2
Boss DD-20
Ibanez SM-7
Quote by newfriend
I'm no expert, but the vypyr I am looking at myself will play tones that sit within the clean ranges of jazz/blues and old surfer music all the way to metal. I prefer metal myself, so I didn't focus too much on the cleaner stuff. Give it a whirl yourself at your favorite shop. If you don't like it, call me a troll again. :P

Trololololololol

Only kidding, brah. I wasn't much looking for a modeler. I was hoping for something along the lines of an all-tube amp. I have tried them out and I wasn't much impressed by either the cleans or the distortion. I just can't get passed the digital sound of them no matter how hard my ears try to. I have a multi-fx pedal that I use mostly for recording, but I use it also for a couple of the effects. It still has that digital sound to it, though. However, for a $200 multi-fx, it gets the job done very well.
Randall RM100... >.>

The Rockerverb will do fine as well.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by TheFrexican
Seriously an Orange amp will be worth saving up for, if not a 5150 good sir.

I've heard many good things about Orange amps and I have tried them out. Great amps. Will definitely look into more of them. Too bad no stores around here have them.
Quote by The.new.guy
I've heard many good things about Orange amps and I have tried them out. Great amps. Will definitely look into more of them. Too bad no stores around here have them.

Dude where do you live?! Well anyway yeah Orange seriously can't go wrong wish I had the cash for it, but I'll settle for an original 5150.
Also for the Rockerverb if you buy one get a used one or an original. Hope I helped.
Guitars
Charvel Model 7 Tele
Jackson Kelly XLR
Fender MIM Strat
Kramer 300ST
Jackson Dinky
Douglas Debeo Octanis
Ibanez AE Acoustic
Amps/Cabs
Peavey Valveking
Raven RG60
Pedals
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-2
Boss DD-20
Ibanez SM-7
Quote by newfriend

While the Vypyr is a very good amp, I think the TS's reaction was due to the fact he mentioned he was considering boutique levels and, while it's nice, the vypyr isn't boutique. That's all, calm down fellas, everyone else move along, nothing to see here

TS to be honest you're probably going to have a hard time finding something that can hit all those bases well. Some area is likely going to be a compromise. The two amps you have right now seem to cover all those genres between them so I might recommend an A/B box

Those are both great amps. I'd spend some time figuring out 'your' tone and when you're ready to spend big, spend it on something that will get you that.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Quote by The.new.guy
Trololololololol

Only kidding, brah.

Too drunk to care anyway. I do hope you find what's right for you.
Quote by TheFrexican
Dude where do you live?! Well anyway yeah Orange seriously can't go wrong wish I had the cash for it, but I'll settle for an original 5150.
Also for the Rockerverb if you buy one get a used one or an original. Hope I helped.

About 4 hours away from any major city that would have any store carrying such nice amps. Ayrshire, Iowa. 4 hours southeast of Suoix Falls. 4 hours northeast of Suoix City. 4 hours northwest of Fort Dodge. 5 hours northwest of Des Moines. Shitty area...The best amps that are carried in my local store are solid-states. No tubes. Not even hybrids...
Quote by The.new.guy
Fair enough.

I've been looking at the Mark Series for some time now. The one this I'm worried about mostly is: If it can do Jazz and Blues, can it also do Metal? And vise-versa. Children of Bodom may not have the heaviest tone in all of music, but it certainly isn't low-gain and I don't think Eric Clapton would settle for anything less than Fender cleans.

The Mark is one of those amps that can go from pristine cleans to "rip your balls out and feed 'em to you" metal. There're only 1 tone I've not gotten from it... a muddy sludge tone.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by JAHellraiser
Just get an axe fx

I second this, so worth saving up for.
Guitars
Charvel Model 7 Tele
Jackson Kelly XLR
Fender MIM Strat
Kramer 300ST
Jackson Dinky
Douglas Debeo Octanis
Ibanez AE Acoustic
Amps/Cabs
Peavey Valveking
Raven RG60
Pedals
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-2
Boss DD-20
Ibanez SM-7
what you will want then is the thing that isn't out now and nobody knows about yet.

like ax efx ultra snax metal version 2.2+.01
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.