How would you go about playing this chord? Oddly enough, I saw this on a facebook status, and I'm trying to figure out how to play it... any help is appreciated

E 0
B 6
G 12
D 10
A 8
E 5
Quote by Eddie4President
You are amazing. The fact that you have paramore next to disturbed shows how awesome you are.
Here, an awesome medal. It's made out of awesomnite.
:extends medal:

Quote by Fallen_Seeker
Thank you!
I would give you an awesome metal, but
I can't find any awesomnite.
That's a Shawn Lane chord, "the hardest chord to play". Don't bother with it, lol.

I've been able to get it roughly by barring the 5 and crossing over to that 6, then using MRP for the other 3. The open e is a pain, though. With big enough hands, though, monkey-grip thumbing the 5 is doable.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
haha all right man, thanks
Quote by Eddie4President
You are amazing. The fact that you have paramore next to disturbed shows how awesome you are.

Quote by Fallen_Seeker
Thank you!
Quote by greekboy slim
How would you go about playing this chord? Oddly enough, I saw this on a facebook status, and I'm trying to figure out how to play it... any help is appreciated

E 0
B 6
G 12
D 10
A 8
E 5

sure, i'll help. it's simply not possible, unless your hands are warped.

stretching 7 frets from index to pinky is one thing. doing it during a chord when the other two (wtf 3? thumb?) is necessary is another matter entirely.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
I was about to say who cares it probably sounds like shit...then I listened to what it would sound like it sounds pretty nice lol
For a more possible way to play it, you could do either of these;

E: 0 | 3
B: 6 | 5
G: 5 | 5
D: 5 | 3
A: x | 0
E: 5 | x

It's the same notes, but it doesn't sound as good. :/
At least it's possible for mortals, lol.
When some stranger on the internet says it is so, it must be so.
haha I'm just gonna make it my goal to play it the first way... it sounds so sick
Quote by Eddie4President

Quote by Fallen_Seeker
Thank you!
thats a stellar chord dude. heres how to do it. use your other hand to push down on the 12th fret g string and strum/pick with your thumb

1st open
2nd middle finger left hand
3rd finger from right hand
4th other finger from right hand would make it easier but you can do it with the pinky
5th then ring finger
6th and index finger

hope people understand this it works for me good luck people
Quote by AeolianWolf

stretching 7 frets from index to pinky is one thing. doing it during a chord when the other two (wtf 3? thumb?) is necessary is another matter entirely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj6U9qFJNF4&feature=related

mr. lane would like a word with you.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
I have big ass hands being 6'6 and idk if I could fret that 12. thats a stretch even for me
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
I'd be tapping the C and G notes with the index and middle fingers on my right hand, respectively, and use the index on my left for the low A, pinky for lower F, and middle for high F.
As for the, high E, I'd pluck with my right hand's pinky; also impractical, but much less harmful than Lane's approach.
Quote by AeolianWolf

It's entirely possible, you just have to stretch out your hand quite a bit. I've been able to play the chord for years. The only really tough part is barring your index on an angle so it hits the 5th and 6th frets while leaving the e ring open. Other than that, it's just a 7-fret stretch.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Quote by Junior#1
It's entirely possible, you just have to stretch out your hand quite a bit. I've been able to play the chord for years. The only really tough part is barring your index on an angle so it hits the 5th and 6th frets while leaving the e ring open. Other than that, it's just a 7-fret stretch.

really? an angled barre? seems extremely impractical.

hail, you can defend the use of the chord. when you're done, i'll be here with minimum of 10 suggestions of things you can practice that will actually serve you well.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
Quote by AeolianWolf
really? an angled barre? seems extremely impractical.

hail, you can defend the use of the chord. when you're done, i'll be here with minimum of 10 suggestions of things you can practice that will actually serve you well.

I never said it was practical or helpful in the least. I just pointed out that it's possible.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
I DID IT! I had to ues my thumb to bar the 5 and 6. It just sounded like a muted, cluster**** of a mess >.>
PSN - Boosted928
I just tried it. All I can say is, SCREW THIS GOD DAMN CHORD, ITS SOFA KING HARD!
Where's Waldo?
I can barely play this chord. Like a lot of the other people said, you have to play an angled barre chord. It's nearly impossible, but it sounds AMAZING!
This chord, as far as I know, comes from maybe one Shawn Lane video and was basically a party trick. It's entirely impractical, there's no doubt about that, I don't think anyone has or will ever use it in that exact form, not on guitar at least.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Maybe using a smaller scale guitar would help. Gibsons would be easier than fenders, not by much, but easier non the less.
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Owner of an 1/4 watt custom combo.

Quote by Garou1911
^This man speaks the language of win.

Donate to my cause