do you guys do activities that might hurt your wrist for guitar playing?

Page 1 of 2
Even if I want to fight someone, I would want to avoid it, because of risk of hurting my wrist, which would put me off from playing guitar for a bit. I want to also take up boxing, but I think that would kill my wrists.

Skateboarding is a no go, since breaking a wrist could very well happen.
guitar itself pretty easily could.
Also, if anyone is learning a bowed instrument, make sure to get the grip right. after a month of a bad german grip and half a year later, my right hand still acts up every once in awhile
extreme fapping
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
hell yeah, the past two days i spent cliff jumping and rock climbing (one was necesarry for the other). I snowboard, skateboard, do a little parkour. all sorts of stuff that could seriously **** up my wrists, not to metion other parts. no problems so far, here's hoping it stays that way.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
I'm a power lifter, more specifically Clean and Jerk. If you're not using the correct grip, your wrists will be friend in a couple of months.
I play my guitar like I live life; upside-down.

Gear:
Sender Fratocaster
LTD Phoenix-200
Fender Sonoran
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Fender Mustang V 412
Professional fapping.
What are you dense?
Are you retarded or something?
Who the hell do you think I am?
I'm the goddamn Batman.

April 19th, 2011: The Night of the Boob

It's too late for me, my guitar playing has affected my ability to do other things. I can't play tennis or bowl straight anymore, I guess I have poor picking technique
You might want this:

Stop being a wuss.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by musicandthewave
Even if I want to fight someone, I would want to avoid it, because of risk of hurting my wrist, which would put me off from playing guitar for a bit. I want to also take up boxing, but I think that would kill my wrists.

HAHAHAHA I skateboard all the time, and a few weeks ago, I broke my wrist while skating. But I didn't realize it was broken, so I went about my normal business, setting up party tents, drumming for a 6-song hardcore punk EP, and recording guitars for my music major audition tape. 3 weeks later, It was still hurting a lot, so I went and got x-rays, whereupon I found out it was broken, and I felt pretty hard.

Moral of the story, don't be a bitch, take risks every once in a while, yadda yadda. I just wanted to brag.
Last edited by FrauVfromPoB at Jul 7, 2011,
Skateboarding. I've fallen and ****ed up my wrists and fingers so many times. If it's my right hand, normally it's not bad and i can work around it. But when i **** up my fingers on my left hand I have to take time off from playing guitar.

Needless to say, I stopped trying sets n shit while skating and cut down all together. I was getting hurt to much and it just wasn't worth it
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
I do Muay Thai, American Football and weight work. I'd be more gutted injuring my wrist meaning I couldn't do them anymore compared to not being able to play guitar for a while
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
I am training to be a boxer. At least 3-4 hours a day of heavy bag, speed bag, weight lifting, jump rope, and pushups. All of which can damage your wrists if not done properly or too often. I can play guitar fine still but... my bass playing is almost arthritic. I used to be able to play an entire Iron Maiden album straight through now I can barely play 2 songs without my wrist hurting :/
Quote by Spartan101400
I have a job, this puts my hands at risks.

psh, it's not like any musicians ever hurt their hands in on the job accidents. especially not if you work in a sheet metal factory. nope, no risk there, i tell you what.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by musicandthewave

Funny that, I broke my left wrist twice on the same half pipe in the same year and have a three ugly ass scars to prove it! My skateboarding days were over...

Took around three years until I could play for more than a few hours without any pain.
inb4 fap-- oh who am I kidding.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Quote by theogonia777
extreme fapping
That reminds me of an inside joke of mine.

Extreme creme brulee; you ingest the cream and THEN burn it.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: New York Voices, as well as the new Vulfpeck record (fuck it's so good)

You throw like a girl. A girl who is great at baseball and has a fiery passion for the sport.
Riding motorcycles. I cant play guitar because of all the cold afterwards. Even if I wear gloves.
It's party time!
Quote by smartguyreviews
guitar itself pretty easily could.
Also, if anyone is learning a bowed instrument, make sure to get the grip right. after a month of a bad german grip and half a year later, my right hand still acts up every once in awhile

If you don't even hold the guitar properly, or play with stupid amounts of tension, yeah.
:/ I never thought of it like that...
I skate, fix cars, horse ride, and i'm a gymnast..i've dislocated my wrists so many times it's not funny, and there's too many scars on them to count, but i've always had no problem with playing guitar afterwards..
boxing would only kill your wrists if you were like...boxing against a brick wall :/
I used to be seriously into motocross never broke any bones during races or practice, then I pretty much stopped all the Motocross once I started getting quite good at rugby (school captain, played 1st grade for my first year of mens rugby).

It's once I started getting serious at rugby the injuries to the digits and wrists came, i broke my wrist (both bones) I only have one finger that hasn't been broken or dislocated yet. So yea... rugby's not to friendly on the ole hands and every one knows extreme fapping is a no no
Quote by lespaul#1
Dr_Shred wins the thread

LEAVE THE PASTRIES ALONE!!!
I skateboard a lot, but I'm kinda tiptoeing around it. It's kinda bitch, but I really don't want to risk having to sit out shows.
Besides furious wanking, throughout the day I do a fair amount of push ups/pull ups and after that my wrists feel like shit.
Quote by due 07
I've recently started to abhor guitars, so I do whatever the fuck I want.

So we're not starting a shoegaze band?
Quote by blake1221
So we're not starting a shoegaze band?
If I get a bass, we'll start a shoegaze band. We'll be called 'The Princess and the Frog'.

I am so happy that I just figured that out.
Why do people call me frog??

But that is a remarkable coincidence. I approve.

Either that or Bright Future.

Idk why, but I kind of like that name.
Quote by due 07
I think I started because someone called you "dam frog" (without irony) out of spite once, and I thought it was hilarious.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=27558749&postcount=3

That name is gayer than me.

you're not the only to start calling me frog after that happened!

And as for the name....well...you're bi. So that leaves a little room of not total gayness.

Quote by Holy Katana
I'm going to call him Slippy from now on.

I don't think I've talked to you much anyways haha.
Quote by blake1221
you're not the only to start calling me frog after that happened!

And as for the name....well...you're bi. So that leaves a little room of not total gayness.
Good point.

We need to incorporate a pun in our hypothetical band name. Puns rule.
Stop being a little pussy. I play football, tennis, lift heavy shit for work all day. Nothing's gonna happen to ya.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Apart from getting drunk and slipping on ice I try to avoid things that will obviously hurt me. I pole dance and often hurt my wrists doing it but I haven't had any major injuries from that yet
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Quote by macaroni
Stop being a little pussy. I play football, tennis, lift heavy shit for work all day. Nothing's gonna happen to ya.

Am I evil for thinking it would be hilarious if this guy ironically ended up breaking his wrist tomorrow?

Yeah, I thought so.
Page 1 of 2