The easy thing to do would be to go to the shop, but theyre backed mup and won't have it ready in time, plus I'm strapped for cash.

So I have a small amount of fret buzz, and I'm trying to tune my guitar to Eb, which increases the buzz substantially. This leads me to the think the fret buzz is caused by the unusually low action on the guitar.

If this sounds right how would I go about fixing this issue. I want to raise my action anyhow, but I don't know how I'd fix intonation. Any help?

The bridge is an LP style:
well the easiest thing i can think to do would be to buy a new strings one gauge higher. that's if you plan on leaving it in Eb most of the time. The tighter strings will pull on the neck a little more and make it feel higher, effectively getting rid of the loose buzz. I use 10s on my 25.5" scale guitars and 11's on my 24"s. That generally seems to be 1 step thicker than what guitars come with.
If that doesnt work then I would try moving the bridge just a tad higher. you can do that by simply loosening the strings and twisting on the two bridge posts. that simple.
Now if those ideas dont work, you can always adjust the truss rod. do this last though, if all else fails.
It should be noted that all electric guitars have a little bit of fret buzz. its actually more common than not. as long as the buzz stays on the guitar and is not noticeable through the amp, then there isnt really any reason to adjust. If you like your action low, you would be loosing the fret buzz but at the same time your playability might suffer. I like my action fairly high and not an ass hair away from the strings so im out of the weeds
Last edited by jdrier21 at Jul 7, 2011,
http://www.*************
if you like to order anything you like.

More details,

please just browse our website Quality is our Dignity;

Service is our Lift.

enjoy yourself.

thank you!!
Well your buzz is coming from being in e flat. There isn't as much string tension so your strings are vibrating more causing buzz. You can fix this by either buying a heavier set of strings or by adjusting the bridge. For that you'll want to turn the screws in the "middle" bridge (between the pickup and the end piece) to the right to raise action. Intonation is set by the screws in the front of the middle bridge you scree them in and out and it moves each saddle. I don't remember how to set intonation exactly but it's something like fret at 12 and then play the natural harmonic at 12 and if they are out of tune then you move the saddle in or out
Edit: well damn I type slow, do what the guy up there said
Last edited by Apollo1449 at Jul 7, 2011,
oh, and btw, i have an easy method to figure out intonation. For this example I will use the E string.
First tune your E string till it plays a perfect E. Now play the 12th fret on the E string. The twelfth fret should register at the same spot as the open E on your tuner. If not, then adjust your the saddle screw on the tune-o-matic bridge until you get both notes to register the same spot on the tuner.

Tips:
-Make sure you arent pressing down too hard on the strings, if you do then you will make all the notes you play sharp. this is counter productive when trying to do adjustments like these.
-Dont kill yourself trying to get the intonation spot on, just get it as close on as you can. Listen to yourself play. can you tell its intonation is off? No? then its good.
-If the 12th fret is playing sharper than the open note then move the saddle screw backwards, away from the neck. If its playing flat, then move it toward the neck.

Good luck
Ok thank you guys very much!

As for setting intonation, I move the tiny screws (the section that has 6 screws) on the middle bridge until the intonation matches?

Could doing all this mess up my guitar in a way where the truss rod would need adjusting?
you probably want to adjust the truss rod anyways depending on where the buzz is. but as per your question no, adjusting intonation wont mess with the truss rod.

Quote by jdrier21

It should be noted that all electric guitars have a little bit of fret buzz.

Yes, and all cats have fleas, all "sluts" have STD's, and all muslims are terrorists.
"When losers say it's over with you know that it's a lie
The gods made heavy metal and it's never gonna die"
Quote by kolonelkadat
you probably want to adjust the truss rod anyways depending on where the buzz is. but as per your question no, adjusting intonation wont mess with the truss rod.
That scares me, because people always say dont do it if you dont know what youre doing. And I know nothing about the truss rod.