when practicing, we either sit or stand, stand is harder and sit is easier when playing.
What is your preferrence? Stand or Sit?
Does it effect your playing?

PS: im a sitter sucker............
i dont intend to sit at gigs, so i dont sit when i practice. playing standings easier anyways.
"When losers say it's over with you know that it's a lie
The gods made heavy metal and it's never gonna die"
yes
i practice both
got a bum knee so i dont like to stand much caue it hurts but cant let that slow you down at a gig now can you
so you gotta practice it how you would do it at the show
I lay down.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
I didnt read OP. Just the title.

...And thats what she said!
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
I usually sit for practice and stand for performance. But it makes no difference to me.
Quote by supersac
yes
i practice both
got a bum knee so i dont like to stand much caue it hurts but cant let that slow you down at a gig now can you
so you gotta practice it how you would do it at the show

ur avatar is very happy
Quote by ibanart300
I usually sit for practice and stand for performance. But it makes no difference to me.

Woooooooow...
For 9 months i only played sitting down. When i tried to play standing up i couldnt do it at all. So for the last 4 months ive been doing both and i can play standing up fine now
I tend to sit, it's much more comfortable. However, if I have a gig coming, I'll spend most of the time standing, just so I don't fail tremendously.
I always practice while hanging from my Teeter Hang Ups.

But seriously, I do both. I prefer to sit, but I spent my first 2 years sitting and realized that when I tried to stand I absolutely couldn't play. So I started to practice while standing, and I adjusted real quick. But still when I am lazy (which is most of the time), I still sit.
I always practise sitting down but I will occasionally play standing up. My guitar stays in the same position relative to my body regardless of position, so it really doesn't make a difference.
Speed is a by-product of shut the fuck up.
Since I don't gig I practice sitting down until my ass hurts (my stool kinda sucks), and then I will switch to standing.
Axes:
2010 Carvin ST300C
1994 Jackson Soloist XL Professional
2008 "Jacksbanez"
2007 Gibson Flying V
2003 Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Combo
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Vypyr 15
Sitting vs. standing does affect your playing.

If you practice quite a lot (like 6 hours a day), it might be a bit unrealistic to stand for the entire time. Also, if you are learning something I find it's a more natural study position to be sitting down and going through something slowly. That can be for a topic different from guitar, like reading a book or something like that.

That being said, if you have a live tube amp cranked up, it's more fun to stand.

As a rough guess, try standing one-third, and sitting two-thirds of the time.

I personally learn sitting down, but then "verify and adjust" by practicing the finished product standing up.
I hate sitting when playing, unless it's acoustic, sitting while trying to palm mute on my electric makes my palm mutes not as crunchy, but it breeds bad habits. You should be able to play better standing up cause if you ever plan on gigging, you better stand up while playing.
I sit when I am prscticing some licks but once I get them down I will stand and play.