Hey guys

I've been looking around Craigslist for a used Ibanez but I'm torn between two guitars. Which one would you recommend for a beginner?

$350 USD - used Ibanez RG4EXFM1 (a year old)

or

$300 USD - used Ibanez SZ320 (comes with a hard case)

I'm leaning towards the SZ320 because of the fixed bridge since I heard the Edge III tremolos on the RG4EXFM1 can be hard to keep in tune.

I like the feel of the necks on RG guitars though, and the SZ320 only has 22 frets.

Are any of these a significantly better deal than the other? Also, when I go to try it out what should I be looking for to make sure there's nothing wrong with the guitar?

Thanks for all the help and suggestions!
Beginners are best to start on fixed bridges. I agree with that. I had a guitar with the Edge and it was a major pain in my ass. I have sinced switched to a fixed bridge guitar again and my life is SO much better
The feel is different, S's have more rounded, slightly fatter necks, while RG's have flat, wide necks. It really depends on whether or not you want a floating trem though. If you think you'll be using it a lot, then get the RG, or if not then the S. Trust me, if you're not actually using it, it's only a pain in the ass to have.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.