As far as I know, in most places, you don't have to fill up the whole time-slot, it's more of just a cap they put on you so you don't play for too long. I think if you're slated to play for 45 minutes and you only play for 30, that shouldnt be a big deal. At least not at most places.

If it is a big deal, extend some solos, banter a little between songs (not too much... the crowd will start to turn on you) and maybe take some time tuning your instruments and such in between songs as well. Or learn an easy cover you think the crowd might enjoy. Throwing popular covers into a set to kill time has yet to fail me. The popular songs are usually easy to play, too. Hahaha. If you think your band can learn one tomorrow before the show, go for it.
if you aren't opening, delay the start of your set for 5 minutes

if you are opening just finish early
I'm in the exact same situation....

Couldn't help but notice you got about 10 minutes you need to fill.....

Hmmmm... Freebird? XD
1966 Stella Harmony Acoustic
Epiphone Dot Studio
Fender Starcaster (Made by 5 year olds in China)
THE Epiphone Mandolin
Dean 7 String (Totally Korean)
Yamaha C45m
Mitchell 12 MD100S

More Strings=More Range=More BadAssery
Quote by funeralllllllll
if you aren't opening, delay the start of your set for 5 minutes

if you are opening just finish early

It's a festival, so I don't know if it counts as opening or not.
We're not headlining, though.

Thanks for the replies, btw.
Oh and I was only 10% kidding. Seriously, Freebird.

Good luck man!
1966 Stella Harmony Acoustic
Epiphone Dot Studio
Fender Starcaster (Made by 5 year olds in China)
THE Epiphone Mandolin
Dean 7 String (Totally Korean)
Yamaha C45m
Mitchell 12 MD100S

More Strings=More Range=More BadAssery
In the future, make sure you have enough material before you book the slot :p
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by AlanHB
In the future, make sure you have enough material before you book the slot :p

This, plus TS if you are thinking about gigging at pubs, in England anyway, you have to play a 3 hour set - that's about 30-35 songs (Just to give you a heads up).
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
It's a festival, so the 45 minute slot is probably because they don't want you playing longer than that. They'll probably be happy if you finish in 30 minutes, it will give them more time to set up the stuff for the next band.
"Don’t be a guitarist. Be a musician."

Steve Howe
Depending on the crowd and your skills, sometimes a well-done solo can really captivate an audience. if you added a 5-minute guitar jam, and a short drum solo, you might be able to fill out the time. However, it's important that you sound good, otherwise the audience will very quickly get bored
Rotten Playground
Listen to me and Jameh muck about on a podcast
as if you have anything better to do.

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Pfft. Gay? Nah, gay is the manliest sex that exists.
I would say do something that's at least somewhat interactive with the audience. You have the standard "Thanks for being here," type speech, playing up the bands that went on before/come on after you, getting the audience to yell, then making them yell louder, that kind of stuff. That's all fairly cliche, though. Some of the more interesting things I've seen:

-Static-X, a metal band, a couple times during their set would have the bassist play a funk line while the rest of them danced off stage, returned with some booze, drank some and then threw some into the audience. I wouldn't recommend using booze as a prop, though, personally.

-The singer from Bad Religion, a punk band, was talking about how he took classical acting classes, and showed one dramatic movement that he learned from Beauty and the Beast that he had incorporated into his stage act.

Probably not things you could copy 1 for 1, but it might give you some ideas.
Schecter Hellraiser V1 / Schecter Stiletto Extreme 4 / Gallien Krueger 400RB / Hartke Transporter 4x10 / Digitech BP200 / Pod Studio GX
Seriously just pad it out, don't try to change your songs if you're already tight with them (unless they're easy to extend in a way that the whole band will be on the same page).

But talk to the audience.
Have parts in between songs, if more than one member has a mic, do a bit of banter between yourselves and the crowd.

And, as much as some would say it looks unprofessional (it doesn't look as unprofessional as standing around doing nothing for 2 minutes that's for sure!) have one of the members "have a technical problem" or "sort out their [pedal or whatever]" or tune up or something.
Then whoever's at the mic can make a slight jab at them being slow or something. It eats up time, even if it's not needed.

You won't fill 10 minutes with these things (unless you're really good at speaking to the audience, I've been in bands and seen bands who try to speak to the audience, but mumble, say things that the audience won't get, etc) but you'll probably manage to fill 5 minutes if you're lucky, so if you delay your coming on the slightest bit you should have nearly filled your time.

The band I'm gigging with tonight have two 45 minute sets. But we don't have that much material. We nearly have that much (similarly to you we have about 10 minutes too few) but we end up playing for longer than that, from audience interaction and other things (...me needing to set up a delay pedal for one song. ) and from not going on RIGHT at the time we're supported to.
Have a long/mysterious build-up to one of your better songs. And then during the breakdown, go into an extended jam or something