So a friend hooked me up with a Pentium 4, 2 gig ram, 2.30 ghz computer and a digidesign mbox2 mini that he used to used before he upgraded to better setup. I didn't want to have to re-install windows, so I completely cleaned, tweaked and setup the system for audio production. I mean I went to town. Disabled anything and everything that wasmt needed for audio recording. However that's not my problem. My friend had lost all his discs including the protools le disc that came with the mbox2 mini. He gave me the protools 6.1 disc that came with his newer setup (I believe he bought a digi 003 automated console.) I managed to install protools according to the mbox2 mini startup guide, but I can't get the mbox to properly work. It sems to be a driver/hardware issue. It shows up ubder 'other devices' in device manager, however has a question mark beside it indicating a problem. When I try and start protools it doesn't recognize it either. I have re-installed protools, tried different usb ports and cables, and nothing seems to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have tried everything including multiple suggestions to manually look for an appropriate driver. I can't seem to find a driver online either. If you need to know my system details I can give you a detailed report of anything you need to know. Thanks in advance!!
LYRICS. WASTED TIME BETWEEN SOLOS

l
I reaaaaallly don't wanna have to re-install windows and I don't think that's where the problem lies. What drivers do you think it could be? I did update a few of the usb drivers but I'm not sure if it worked... I hate updating drivers I never seem to have much success... And I'm preety tech-friendly

l
I love my Mbox 2 mini and use it all the time on 7. When I had XP and even with 7 I always had problems with drivers. Try installing the standalone drivers and see if that makes any difference. You can always just un-install all M-Audio software/drivers and re-install them, that should fix it. If that fails I may have a few more ideas
Strange, It seems like a character mutation, Though I have all the means, of bringing you fuckers down, I can't make myself, To destroy upon command, Somehow forgiveness, lets the evil make a loss - Danger Mouse/Sparklehorse/Wayne Coyne
K I have come across the standalone drivers I will try that in the morning thx. And I think you mean digidesign, not m-audio right? I have no m-audio

l
As far as I know they're both pretty much the same thing. Both now owned by Avid; I think M-audio is more the software side and Digidesign is the hardware but they both obviously cross over. Anyhow... It's not really that important

A link to the stand alone drivers:

http://archive.digidesign.com/download/audiodrivers/xp/
Strange, It seems like a character mutation, Though I have all the means, of bringing you fuckers down, I can't make myself, To destroy upon command, Somehow forgiveness, lets the evil make a loss - Danger Mouse/Sparklehorse/Wayne Coyne
Last edited by walkingminstral at Jul 8, 2011,
K thx bud will let u know tomorrow. My cpus shut off for the night I'm on my blackberry

l