So, I just watched Midnight Meat Train on Netflix. Has anyone seen this movie yet? It does a total 180 and catches you off guard, like From Dusk Till Dawn except not memorable in any way. The movie isn't that good, so I'll save you the time and write a summary.

Midnight Meat Train is about a photographer in New York (Bradley Cooper) who comes upon a butcher, by chance, after he saves some girl from a couple of hooligans. The girl he saves is killed by the butcher immediately after being saved when she boards a train. Cooper stalks the guy, and eventually finds him killing more people. So Cooper takes pictures, but not before he is seen and attacked. As it turns out, the butcher (Vinnie Jones) is actually working and murdering people for some super secret underground group of monsters who eat the people killed on the train, and the butcher and the conductor of the train help the monsters out to "maintain order." Basically, by killing people and feeding them to these monsters, they save the rest of the world from being attacked. Cooper kills the butcher, but because he now knows what goes on, he must replace the butcher and become the one who murders people on the subway and feeds their corpses to these monsters. Also, Cooper's girlfriend in the movie is murdered by the conductor when he rips her heart out.

I ended up with a few questions after watching the movie. Why did Cooper agree to it? I mean, **** the world. The world is a shitty place to live and if Cooper let the monsters run wild and massacre everyone, who gives a shit? Not only that, but there didn't seem to be much point to doing it for as long as it had been going on. I mean, man today is so sophisticated that there is more than enough fire power in the world to take care of a bunch of bum**** monsters who have been living in a ****ing abandoned subway for hundreds of years.

As I mentioned, the movie completely caught me off guard. At first, I suspected that the butcher was murdering people because he was some sick bastard who worked for that conductor and disposed of the bodies by grinding them up in the meat plant he worked in, and thus was feeding New York people instead of beef. To be honest, the movie would have been so much better if that's what had happened. The movie sucked.

What would you have done if you were in Cooper's position?
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Last edited by Colgate Total at Jul 8, 2011,
Film thread brah

*d'ported*
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by slash_GNR666
Film thread brah

*d'ported*

What was a thread about a movie is now a thread about choice in a hypothetical situation. Now, it doesn't need to be in the Film Thread.

Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by Colgate Total
What was a thread about a movie is now a thread about choice in a hypothetical situation. Now, it doesn't need to be in the Film Thread.

I would have posted in the film thread
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
I saw this movie about a year ago on SciFi

The only part I even remember about the movie is the part at the beginning where
(spoilers?)
he smashes that lady right in the face with a mallet.
(/spoilers)

Not even your summary brings anything back. Must not have paid too much attention.
Loved the book, and the film, I even wrote a pretty bad song about it! and want to know something spooky? I recorded the riff for that song about ten minutes ago onto my computer!
Quote by Casketcreep
I am definitely going to download this.
Even if you have ruined it for me...

It's on youtube. I watched the last ten minutes. It seemed like a massive goreathon really.
its a film adaptation of the clive barker short story. honestly thought the short story was much better but the films alright for a gore flick.

to the TS : it's been a while since i've seen the movie but i could've sworn that they stated that the creatures had existed since before mankind and i believe the story states that they're insane and godlike. i wanna say i remember equating them with a cthulhu type creature which is why the military would never stand a chance.
Last edited by z4twenny at Jul 9, 2011,
Quote by MadClownDisease
It's on youtube. I watched the last ten minutes. It seemed like a massive goreathon really.

What kind of idiot starts watching at the last ten minutes?
Quote by Alkaline 64
What kind of idiot starts watching at the last ten minutes?

Truth be told after reading TS synopsis I then read the Wiki article and wanted to see the monsters at the end. They were pretty shit.

I think unless it is a complete unexpected twist the film looses all meaning really.