I have the Orange Rocker 30...Took ages to get but find that the clean is too 'rounded' for what I like. I want a clean that can also get gritty and preferbly have an EQ.

Also, I use delay and flange, so having no FX Loop is a bit crappy. It sounds ok, but miss having a loop.

I play bluesy, classic rock and music such as RHCP, Hendrix, Iggy Pop etc etc...

I want 2 channels and an fx loop. Combo or head...I do gig.

I have around £500 to spend. What?!

I've looked at:

Marshall JCM 800s
Cornford Roadhouse (one channel?)
Blackstar HT 40
Marshall VM
Jet City 50w Head and Combo

What do I want?! No idea!
Last edited by moominman2 at Jul 8, 2011,
If you had the money, I'd say that you'd want a Mesa ElectraDyne or a Fryette Deliverance.

But since you don't seem to, Hayden Mofo.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
do you really need another amp? Some people would kill for an Orange Rocker 30; and amplifiers in general are just unbelievably expensive. But ok thats your decision . I think you should visit as much music stores as you can and try it out yourself, because youtube videos and so on just cant deliver the real tone.
Thanks for the suggestions. The JCM 800 sounds great. Will a valve replacement be ok then to just change them?

Also, I really want to keep the orange, but the FX loop is whats getting me. I might get one modded, but its pretty expensive and I don't have the money right now for that.

I need to do some thinking,

thanks.
some deals on new box-damaged jet cities on ebay at the moment from the uk distributor. i haven't tried them, but at those prices they might be worth considering. EDIT: from what i remember, though, those soldano loops are rubbish for pedals? not certain. obviously look into that.

if it doesn't have to be a stack you could always try that traynor on thomann...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?