Poll: Musicians Do You Get Laid?
Poll Options
View poll results: Musicians Do You Get Laid?
Still a virgin..girls dont come near me
29 35%
Had a few kisses
13 15%
Occasionally get head or laid
28 33%
Beating them off with a stick
14 17%
Voters: 84.
Do you think being a musician helps you get laid? Do girls mention that they care? Do you find yourself last in the pecking order after the jocks and regular guys?
I've been playing guitar since I was 10, and have not been in any kind of picking order. So no.
Now, what kind of a question is that?
Quote by slash_GNR666
You sir, are a giant c*** and you finger will forever haunt my dreams.

Quote by Kind, Non-Existant User
Coco-Loco is the finest bit of meat on the butcher block.
Girls care about status. Playing guitar but still being unpopular won't get you anywhere.

People suck, deal with it.
uh yes it helps. hello. hell i play in a cover band and its ridiculous. love it!
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
Gene Simmons apparently had sex with 4,600 women.
And Lemmy Kilmister banged 2,000 chicks.
So maybe it's a bassist thing.
Quote by Psalm 150:4
Someone told me Bach sounded like crap.

Quote by Minkaro
What a dick, right? Skid Row are awesome
all the girls I've told have loved the fact that I play guitar. I'm not a gigging musician or famous or anything. But in a relationship, it helps for a few reasons:

a. you play guitar, and writing a (good) song for a girl works 60% of the time, all the time.
b. it shows you have other interests and a life besides her, which is important.
c. it's a talent
Quote by Jay4GunsNRoses

Do you think if Gene Simmons actually got laid that much he would give be such a cranky arsehole?
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Quote by Sir-Shredalot
Do you think being a musician helps you get laid? Do girls mention that they care? Do you find yourself last in the pecking order after the jocks and regular guys?

Yes and no. I voted "Beating them off with a stick" because I'm going by girls in my area for musicians in general.

My girlfriend (current and ex) will admit that guitar players DO finger better.
A friend of mine will admit that drummers do indeed bang harder.

The women in my area usually drift towards musically or artistically talented individuals. We have a certain vibe about us.

When jamming in my friend's basement tuned down a half step, said friend's girlfriend would frequently sit on the big couch and watch us, and admitted to feeling the low end vibrations from the 4x12s and kick drum in the couch, and would often even dance to what we played. It was especially awesome when we had a bassist
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Jay4GunsNRoses

Wilt Chamberlain banged 20,000 women. so much for musicians getting all the girls.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
There've been a few moments where I've realised, in retrospect, that I had a chance with a girl due to my playing the guitar.

**** you hindsight.
If music was the food of love I'd be a fat romantic slob.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Never works. EVER. I've had random bitchez who know my singer walk in, sit on my bass amp, get flustered, then just leave.

Around here, all the 'serious' musicians are seen as weird. (IE, people who do it for a living or are in a band)

But for the more popular, alcoholic, party-going unsavoury characters...

Girl: OMFG U PLAY GUITAR!??? UR SO TALENTEWD!! XP
*jebend plays generic breakdown*

Instant bitchez.
| Call me Matt. | | I like music. |
Quote by Jay4GunsNRoses

And the Cubs are to win the next five World Series.
And the world will end 17 months and 13 days.
And the Pit is crawling with real college graduates soon to be politicians.
And Gene Simmons has always been infectiously humble, keeping his ego from the limelight.
Everybody Dies
Ignorance is NOT just what you DO NOT know but what you WILL NOT know

MY Soundcloud
Tears for toda la alegría que teníamos
Tears for todo el dolor
Las lágrimas de invierno que llevan dentro
Siempre gritar tu nombre
Estas lágrimas de invierno , voy a llorar por ti
Estas lágrimas de invierno , son solamente para usted
Quote by Sir-Shredalot

Are you still in high school?

I believe being successful gets you laid and popular gets you laid.
I played drums in a band in high school, and hooked up with our singer's cousin. Later on she told me she just really liked the fact that I could play drums. Does that count?
Quote by Audioslave95
Never works. EVER. I've had random bitchez who know my singer walk in, sit on my bass amp, get flustered, then just leave.

Around here, all the 'serious' musicians are seen as weird. (IE, people who do it for a living or are in a band)

But for the more popular, alcoholic, party-going unsavoury characters...

Girl: OMFG U PLAY GUITAR!??? UR SO TALENTEWD!! XP
*jebend plays generic breakdown*

Instant bitchez.

Well there's your problem.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
I play drums. That gets me laid. And my massive wiener size.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Well since everybody knows the bassist always has the largest genitalia, usually chicks will stare at my area for prolonged periods of time. It's aight.

But no, it hasn't gotten me laid. It's an icebreaker, and girls might be somewhat interested, but in the end, that's not going to get you in the sack.
pinga
Quote by AllJudasPriest

And the Cubs are to win the next five World Series.
And the world will end 17 months and 13 days.
And the Pit is crawling with real college graduates soon to be politicians.
And Gene Simmons has always been infectiously humble, keeping his ego from the limelight.

There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Agreed... great icebreaker... then they find out im a bass player or talk to me and the interest dies pretty quick

playing the acoustic and singing is definitely the way to go there... wonderwall... always wonderwall...
GUITARS
Burswood Acoustic
Squier Affinity Strat
Fender Tele Deluxe
BASS
Ibanez Jetking bass
AMPS
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey max 158 bass amp
Fender Bassman 250
1979 Carvin of some sort
And some pedals
Beating off with a stick gives you a bad case of dick splinters
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
In my experience, yeah - if you know how to use it. They tend to like the acoustic/soft types, or the rock n roll kind of guys - I've gotten a few phone numbers playing guitar, only stopped because of a girlfriend.

Chicks dont tend to dig metal as far as I've seen.
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
I play guitar and I haven't really talked to a girl in years. There's a girl at church that I'm kind of friends with; I sit with her and talk to her there but I don't think we'd ever do anything outside of church. For girls to like you around here you have to be a redneck/jock.

EDIT: Which is ironic because I'm one of the only people here that lives on a farm and I'm not a redneck at all.
sunbather is shit
TS, if you're just playing guitar to get laid, you're a damn disgrace. I frown upon you & refuse to vote in your stupid poll.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
TS, if you're just playing guitar to get laid, you're a damn disgrace. I frown upon you & refuse to vote in your stupid poll.

But what if that's not the case?
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
Never worked for me.

**** even after a gig, even in a band who's impressed everyone and got the whole place dancing, I've never even been spoken to for more than an awkward "good job" or something.

That's the expected response when I'm the bassist (as I was in a band I've now left recently).
But in the band I play guitar for, and get a couple of semi-flashy solos (but not in a lame way ) and generally we do a good job, and the bassist gets loads of people complimenting him...

To be fair people don't like me, it's probably just me.
It helps start conversation sometimes. And if that leads to sexy times then I'd say it has.