long story short, i listed my amp on amazon because i wanted to upgrade but i really didnt expect anyone to buy it (probably because im a moron). well someone bought it and now i have no amp. im thinking about spending around $500 and need some suggestions on what to get. My fav guitarists are Mikael Akerfeldt from Opeth and Adam Jones from Tool. Would appreciate any help. Thanks!
I own a Bugera 6262 and I would swear by it for anything from metal to classic rock. You can probably get some pretty Toolish tones out too. Check the Bugera 333xl for versatility if you're worried about being stuck in metal territory (not that you would be).

Don't listen to the haters, go play some Bugera amps and you'll find they bang HARD for the buck!
thanks homesick, i should have added that i dont need something with high wattage as i only use it for practice/recording. thxs again!
Blackstar Ht-5 and a dirt (fuzz/overdrive/distortion) pedal to taste.
Quote by Duv
And smack an open A chord and hold the body and see if it vibrates like a middle-aged woman's best friend.

Quote by guitarxo
I hope you get raped by a bayonet

Quote by beckyjc
Roland Cube / Vox Valvetronix / Peavey Vypyr / Hitler > Line 6 Spider.
what was your previous amp?
COOLEST GUITAR EVER!
Peavey: Vypyr 15W
ESP: H-1001
Guitar Rig 5 with Kontrol
Eleven rack
Fender blues Jr III
Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro
Daredevil 77 IC Op-Amp Fuzz
i am seriously considering the Blackstar ht studio 20h with cab. what do you think?
that'd be a great idea
Quote by Duv
And smack an open A chord and hold the body and see if it vibrates like a middle-aged woman's best friend.

Quote by guitarxo
I hope you get raped by a bayonet

Quote by beckyjc
Roland Cube / Vox Valvetronix / Peavey Vypyr / Hitler > Line 6 Spider.