...am new to this and have an inquiry

Does anyone know of a service that will transpose a song to guitar tabs ? :
It's in the Tab Forum. Click on the main forums page, and it's called Tab Talk.

*reported*

Edit: or are you talking about a program that does that?
Quote by blake1221
It's in the Tab Forum. Click on the main forums page, and it's called Tab Talk.

*reported*

Edit: or are you talking about a program that does that?

I am not sure....there is an old instrumental track that I have been unable to find tabs or sheet music for ...was just wondering if rhere was possibly a service where I guess someone wouldlisten to the song and compose the tabliture
Quote by genghisgandhi
The man who makes that will be very rich.

You just gave me an idea
Quote by travs2448

How many of you are vegan?
Hopefully none

Does anyone know any fun recipes?
Yeah a big juicy flank steak

What can be done with tofu?
Nothing it taste like crap

Is there such thing as vegan meat? Vegan sausages ect
WTF ARE YOU ON?
I've thought about this plenty of times, a program where you could play a track on your computer and it would spit out the tab of that track. Let me know when you're done programming it.
Quote by Spud Spudly
I've thought about this plenty of times, a program where you could play a track on your computer and it would spit out the tab of that track. Let me know when you're done programming it.

Um....how do you suggest it will differentiate between the different instruments?

My guess is the best anyone could do (for now) is something that gives wildly inaccurate tabs for all of the sounds in a single track. This is if you are really good or lucky.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
Quote by abdulalhazred
Um....how do you suggest it will differentiate between the different instruments?

My guess is the best anyone could do (for now) is something that gives wildly inaccurate tabs for all of the sounds in a single track. This is if you are really good or lucky.

I think there's a program that writes it all down in notation, called Finale or something. (I'm not sure though, i just heard about it)

You could actually do something like putting sensors on your fretboard, or a camera that can tell which position your hand is in.

Call up Steven Hawking, he'll hook you up.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
I think there's a program that writes it all down in notation, called Finale or something. (I'm not sure though, i just heard about it)

You could actually do something like putting sensors on your fretboard, or a camera that can tell which position your hand is in.

NO! Not Finale!!

Sibelius is waaaaaaay better.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7

Maybe I misunderstood him (reading his post fast and everything) but he seemed like he wanted something that would listen to music and spit out instructions on how to play it.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
Quote by UnmagicMushroom
NO! Not Finale!!

I've never used either, so I can't judge

Quote by abdulalhazred
Maybe I misunderstood him (reading his post fast and everything) but he seemed like he wanted something that would listen to music and spit out instructions on how to play it.

Yeah I knew that, but he was already told to head to the tab forum...so why not have a discussion about something slightly related?
Quote by UnmagicMushroom
NO! Not Finale!!

Finale is nice, Sibelius is ridiculous at around $500 IIRC.
pinga
sexreaper? great name

btw notation software will transcribe but will not necessarily transcribe to the correct string.

learn 2 reed.
Wow..there are some dense ****s on this site !!!

Let me break it down:

Someone...a person...definition: a living human being..GOT IT ??!!!! >>>who provides a service...i.e. that can do it !!!..COMPREHEND?????

for a fee THAT IS MONEY that will listen to a song and write guitar tabliture
Doesn't look like you'll be getting much help after that post either.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
Quote by SEXREAPER
Wow..there are some dense ****s on this site !!!

Let me break it down:

Someone...a person...definition: a living human being..GOT IT ??!!!! >>>who provides a service...i.e. that can do it !!!..COMPREHEND?????

for a fee THAT IS MONEY that will listen to a song and write guitar tabliture
Let me put it this way. You didn't ask for a person. You said a service. But yes, there are people who do that.

Also, this is the Pit. Half the goal is to obfuscate.