So the songwriting started flowing finally and of course I slapped it up on Audacity (more so I could remember the melody, than have a pristine recording).

I think I've been able to find a used UX2 for under $100, so unless anyone has some dire information that I shouldn't get that, give me a shout.

I see Reaper is very popular on these boards, I see it has 2 different licensing fees; $150 vs. $40 - but I couldn't find the difference for that pricing on their website - any ideas?

Finally, when recording your guitar, do you go direct in, or do you mic your amp and record off that mike? Or, do you mic your guitar and then go in - adding any effects afterwards?

Thanks for any help - it's a lot of new information to process and can get overwhelming at times.

~
Did you know: animal agriculture contributes more to global warming than all modes of transportation combined? Go Veg - it is the right thing to do for the planet, for your health, and for the animals.

lmcd Soundcloud Tunes
UX2 is good, make sure it comes with all the software

You'd go with the $40 license unless you make more than $20,000 off recording with it (If you do, please tell me how you're making money with this shit :p)

I go direct in. The UX2 comes with Pod Farm which is meant to take the place of the amp so you don't need to mic it.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by lockwolf
I go direct in. The UX2 comes with Pod Farm which is meant to take the place of the amp so you don't need to mic it.

Thanks for all that info - re: going direct - Is it Reaper or the Pod Farm software that will let me add reverb or chorus? Audacity's plug in reverb is from hunger...
Did you know: animal agriculture contributes more to global warming than all modes of transportation combined? Go Veg - it is the right thing to do for the planet, for your health, and for the animals.

lmcd Soundcloud Tunes
Reaper (and probably Pod Farm too) will let you add reverb and chorus, but if you're going direct you'll need some kind of amp sim which is what Pod Farm will do.
Great! Thanks you both for your help~

lmcd Soundcloud Tunes