Alright, so I've decided that the stock bridge pickup in my Epiphone Les Paul is to dull and muddy for my tastes and that it doesn't have enough brightness, clarity, and most importantly, crunch to it, so I've decided to shove an uber-JB in it to improve the sound.

However, I'm not a huge fan of open pole-pieced pickups. Is there a difference between using the pick-up covered or not? And If I decide to cover the JB, will buying a normal $10 nickel pick-up cover be able to fit it or should I just buy the pre-covered "Nickel JB"?

All help is greatly appreciated!
From a thread asking if it is safe to tell someone the serial number on your amp:
Quote by JAHellraiser
omg dont do it! he can hack your amp get the b00tiful t00b t0anz
It's easier to get it pre covered. You could buy one but you'd need a super hot soldering iron to attach it and then it would be advisable to wax pot it afterwards.
You can get them covered, but they kinda loose some high end and cut with the covers...
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Okay then I guess it'll come down to whats on eBay. If I do buy an uncovered one I probably won't cover it then since I don't want to have to solder anything. Thanks for the help!
From a thread asking if it is safe to tell someone the serial number on your amp:
Quote by JAHellraiser
omg dont do it! he can hack your amp get the b00tiful t00b t0anz
metal covers affect the tone for one thing. As Shinozoku said, you lose some high end.
Plastic covers don't affect tone on the other hand...

Just something to think about
RIP Gooze

cats
They affect tone, yes, but a barely noticeable degree. People like to blow it out of proportion--most people wouldn't be able to tell a difference.
Quote by Seref
They affect tone, yes, but a barely noticeable degree. People like to blow it out of proportion--most people wouldn't be able to tell a difference.

It's not out of proportion for me because I'm an audiophile who's very sensitive to high frequencies, so it was night and day different to me

True, most people wouldn't notice the tonal change, but it's more the change in response that came with the tonal change that pissed me off. It just didn't feel right to me.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores