Its about time for a replacement on my DK2M I think. I sold my ibanez awhile ago, and figured I'd just unblock the jt580lp on my jackson, which does stay in tune for awhile, but the bridge is literally falling apart on me. Pretty much all the allen screws are getting stripped (and I wasnt too hard on them) and rusted, and the thing doesnt stay in tune at all after any real abuse, plus the arm loosens up way too easily. there are people who say the bridge is fine, and others who say it sucks. I really dislike it.

anyway, I've seen sooooo many conflicting reports about the jt580lp and replacements for it that I figured Id post here. I've heard from some that the OFR fits, some say the OFR doesnt and the OFR pro does, some say gotoh is fine, others say some of the screws are too long.

I was thinking about chancing the new GFS bridge, but dont worry, as some guy on jemsite apparantly tried it and it didnt fit the same route.

so which bridges will fit the route on this thing AND not f*** up my intonation (something I've also heard replacement bridges can cause)

if I need an OFR pro, then I guess I'll have no choice but to find $250 or so for it, but will the Gotoh or regular OFR fit without much trouble?
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
i've heard they swap, but that's hearsay. if i were swapping it myself i'd want corroborated info.

hit up the floyd rose, schaller and gotoh websites. there should be routing templates.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The Gotoh Floyd and the Original Floyd Rose aren't interchangeable. Other than that, I'm not sure.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.