I'm really interested in the whole scalloped fretboard thing. I was wondering how much it costs to get this done.
Is it really worth the money for the end result?

Any info appreciated
You'd probably have to contact a luthier or some other kind of guitar maker to have it done, or if your guitar has a bolt-on neck you could buy a second neck with frets scalloped. I'd really go out and find a guitar with scalloped frets and try it out first though
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
i did mine myself. came out alright i guess. i mean i had never tried it before. it feels a little different but it honestly didnt make it feel like it was any easier or harder to play. it's really just a preference i think.
Quote by LU!5
i did mine myself. came out alright i guess. i mean i had never tried it before. it feels a little different but it honestly didnt make it feel like it was any easier or harder to play. it's really just a preference i think.

What did you scallop them with (I have an old neck I feel like practicing on)
could probably do it in your kitchen with a knife
MY GEAR:
Epiphone Sheraton 2
Takamine Jasmine J33?
60's J bass copy (trying to sell or trade)
fender mustang 1
Victoria Regal II
big muff
seed of life overdrive

"We make music for hipster strippers" Dan Auerbach
Quote by Charvel1995
What did you scallop them with (I have an old neck I feel like practicing on)

i used sandpaper. took like 5 hours
I did mine with files and sandpaper, similar time to LU!5, I think mine was 6 hours. I would be scared of using a dremel unless you are a real artist with it. There was someone on this forum a month or two ago who will do it for a very low cost, but he lives in Europe. Even with the cost of shipping your neck there and back it was less than what I would charge.

I have this strange thing where I think my time is worth something, then I waste it all anyways.