Hey guys-
You guys helped me once before, and I'm hoping to get some good advice again. My band's gigs start in a month or two and I need to get a performance worthy amp. I play on an Ibanez S (pickups being replaced by some Seymour Duncans or Dimarzios soon) and a Schecter Hellraiser with EMGS. I don't have much cash, but I'm willing to splurge on an amp that I will last and give me a solid tone. I'm looking at Orange amps and some MESA/BOOGIE amps as those are what a lot of my favorite artists use (Between the Buried and Me, Coheed and Cambria, Etc). Can you guys help recommend a good amp setup for Alternative clean and Metal crunch? I love me some glassy Suspended Animation esque lead tones for solos. Otherwise, I need some metal crunch and decent clean tone.

Tell me what sort of amp setup YOU use and tell me why you love it.

Thanks a lot for your help!
Your in the wrong section I think you'd get better help in GG&A.

But if you want us to help we need a budget first.
From a thread asking if it is safe to tell someone the serial number on your amp:
Quote by JAHellraiser
omg dont do it! he can hack your amp get the b00tiful t00b t0anz
Take a look at Carvin's V3 series of amplifiers.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Anything reasonably priced. Nothing over like $1,500.
And should I really move the thread?
Quote by chocopuppet
Anything reasonably priced. Nothing over like $1,500.
And should I really move the thread?

Yes, GG&A has like three people who know what they're talking about, as opposed to EG which most users don't know jack about amps. Also be prepared for a lot (and I mean a lot) of dumbass replies; GG&A is like The Pit of the Instruments section.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
GG&A is like the Pit because everyone tells you that you need a new amp but most there don't exactly know how to recommend an amp thats for you, they know how to recommend one that they like.

I would say look at any of the Mesa Boogie combo amps. They are around $1000 and should suit you well.
From a thread asking if it is safe to tell someone the serial number on your amp:
Quote by JAHellraiser
omg dont do it! he can hack your amp get the b00tiful t00b t0anz
look for a used mesa boogie Dual Rectifier half-stack or, if you can save up a bit, a traynor Custom Special 100 halfstack (very good sounding amp, brilliant for the money). either one will give you massive distortion and good quality cleans without needing to play with the settings in between.