Ok, so I want to be able to listen to music from my PC AND amp at the same time. I"m also sick of constantly switching my headphones from my PC to my amp.

First I thought I could get a Female > Male/male splitter and connect like:

But I figured this wouldn't work too well.

Then I thought about an A/B switch. I'd split the the output from my PC (Male > Female/female) where I could have one channel that would be the amp with the PC, and the other channel just the clean PC input:

OR do I need a mixer?

Please state which would be best to use, and if you've got any personal recommendations, I'd greatly appreciate it
you have an auxiliary in.

i think that's meant for an auxiliary in.

like a computer. or a pc. or something.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
^ haha yea exactly. plug your line out or headphone output from your PC into the AUX in on your amp and then just listen to headphones through the amp and voila! Fairly simple.
GEAR:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Deluxe
ESP LTD EX-360
Peavey VYPYR 30W

"There's nothing constant in the universe.
All ebb and flow, and every shape that's born,
bears in it's womb, the seeds of change".
Quote by Maillouxlp18
^ haha yea exactly. plug your line out or headphone output from your PC into the AUX in on your amp and then just listen to headphones through the amp and voila! Fairly simple.

But won't the amp dirty the PC signal a bit? I have a $200 sound card and $200 headphones. I don't want to listen to music SOLELY through the amp when not using it if it's going to degrade the output of my PC even a little.

I don't mind having to listen to it while I'm using the amp, but when I'm not using it, I want the signal from the PC to be as clean as possible.
no it wont.
the aux in goes straight out to the speaker/headphone out, NOT through that amp's circuitry.

Thus, the aux input is uncolored and just as clean as if it were straight from your PC
Quote by Duv
And smack an open A chord and hold the body and see if it vibrates like a middle-aged woman's best friend.

Quote by guitarxo
I hope you get raped by a bayonet

Quote by beckyjc
Roland Cube / Vox Valvetronix / Peavey Vypyr / Hitler > Line 6 Spider.
I have the option of pic three. I have some expensive wireless headphone system in my room. The wireless box has an AUX input and a LR channel. works well
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Does the amp need to be on to be able to listen to the clean PC output? I don't have any extra cabling to test.
Last edited by Backfat at Jul 8, 2011,
not sure on that' but i'd put my money on YES
Quote by Duv
And smack an open A chord and hold the body and see if it vibrates like a middle-aged woman's best friend.

Quote by guitarxo
I hope you get raped by a bayonet

Quote by beckyjc
Roland Cube / Vox Valvetronix / Peavey Vypyr / Hitler > Line 6 Spider.
why don't you unplug it from your amp and plug in your headphones when you want to listen to music without your amp?

just grab a male/female mini adapter.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror
why don't you unplug it from your amp and plug in your headphones when you want to listen to music without your amp?

just grab a male/female mini adapter.

Because as I said in my OP: I'm also sick of constantly switching my headphones from my PC to my amp.

I don't want to have to unplug my headphones again.
Quote by AcousticMirror
option 2 or 3 is good then.

mixer would probably be your best bet.

Now I'm even more confused. I looked a couple mini mixers, including one from Behringer http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/behringer-micromix-mx400-4-channel-line-mixer/621108000000000 and they seem to only output mono. Isn't that bad if I'm using it exclusively for headphones? Won't I only hear one channel of audio?
may be endless drunken rant, but here it goes.

i have five half stacks on one wall of my room, two on the adjacent wall (with an extra head, and an extra cabinet that isn't being used). i ran cables behind all of the amps with a semi complicated switching combination of pedals, on two different pedalboards, and it is a mess. cables behind everything running underneath the cabinets between the bottom of the amp and the height of the casters, because i got so sick of switching cables, and now after doing that 6 months ago, have all of those cables ran to all of those amps unplugged from the network of cables, and i just go from guitar straight into the head when choosing.

bottom line, simple is better, even if it means expending a little bit of energy to do something.

so whenever severe boredom strikes i will be untangling probably 300 feet of cables (seven 21 footers alone), as well as foot switches, and re reouting my pedal board for a different amp.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by AcousticMirror

So would I plug in the amp and output from PC to the Mono connection on the "mix in"? Or do I need to get something like http://www.amazon.com/Hosa-CMP159-Stereo-8In-Mono/dp/B000068O3C/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&rps=1&ie=UTF8&qid=1310194923&sr=1-4

Sorry for so many questions, but I only know about computer equipment, not audio stuff.