I'm almost about to sell the amp because it has no FX loop but I only use delay on certain parts such as solos and I use the amps gain. I am not 100% certain it sounds as it should. Should I just shut up? I like the amp, just bummed about the loop...

Also, as the Rocker is now discontinued, will it go up in value?

Cheers.
one of cage the elephants players uses one with pedals and it sounds just fine
MY GEAR:
Epiphone Sheraton 2
Takamine Jasmine J33?
60's J bass copy (trying to sell or trade)
fender mustang 1
Victoria Regal II
big muff
seed of life overdrive

"We make music for hipster strippers" Dan Auerbach
Do you now?

I don't think it sounds bad, a little harsh maybe. I've just seen all these people saying oh no oh no that will sounds mushy and rubbish and I've thought about getting something else as an offer has come up :\

EDIT: Oh cool thanks for telling me that

Sorry it sounds pathetic but I haven't had the chance to decide what I think of it and am limited on time...
Last edited by moominman2 at Jul 8, 2011,
Well time based effects such as delay are often better off in the effects loop. With regards to the effects loop to be honest that's the reason I've yet to get a Rocker 30 even with it sounding as good as it does. You can get the amp modded to have an effects loop in it, I'm not sure how much that would cost but you could have a scout about to see how much that would be as it'd be a shame to sell an amp you like the sound of because of the loop.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Quote by moominman2
Do you now?

I don't think it sounds bad, a little harsh maybe. I've just seen all these people saying oh no oh no that will sounds mushy and rubbish and I've thought about getting something else as an offer has come up :\

people also say the extra 83K for a Dumble is worth that of a Fuches/Tworock amp.
in short, people don't know what the **** they're saying.
Does your delay have a cut knob? or tone knob?
Thanks man, yeah it would :\

I've never bought such an expensive amp either. It is lovely sounding however I prefer the clean channel with an OD in front of it for grit.

I checked out modding a loop into it and its not cheap :\
Quote by fmonzo27
one of cage the elephants players uses one with pedals and it sounds just fine

Lincoln plays an AD30 head actually

/cagetheelephantfanboy
I'll pretend I can mod your amp but break it instead.
Quote by guitarlord28
Lincoln plays an AD30 head actually

/cagetheelephantfanboy

thanks for that Ive been trying to figure out weather or not he added the bigsby on his one gold top and if he uses a big muff on tiny little robots
MY GEAR:
Epiphone Sheraton 2
Takamine Jasmine J33?
60's J bass copy (trying to sell or trade)
fender mustang 1
Victoria Regal II
big muff
seed of life overdrive

"We make music for hipster strippers" Dan Auerbach
Delay in the loop:
The delay takes the distorted preamp signal and passes it through the power amp with no alteration other than volume as the delays pass.

Delay in front:
Pedal takes the clean guitar signal and pushes it through the distorted preamp, mushing the delays together. As the feedback dies down and get's weaker, you'll notice with each passing note the tone gets cleaner and cleaner until it's completely clean or the delays stop.

In front, thing can get messy quick as all the notes and delays mush together into the preamp. Everything is more clean and separated in the loop. There isn't a "better" choice, just depends on what you want.'

Also note if you're using a clean setting it doesn't really matter.
Last edited by Ignite at Jul 13, 2011,
That's actually the reason I sold my R30. But for me it used to amplify the repeats as well so it became pretty much useless for the parts I used delay on, which is a lot.

You should sell it and buy my Blackheart, good crunch and it has a great FX loop

/shameless advertising.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

I played with the delay out front for well over 20 years. When I started playing there was no such thing as an effects loop, we all seemed to do ok without them. They only came into existence in the first place so you had line level to send to rack gear.
You guy's obsession with FX loops makes me chuckle. Every live recording you've heard prior to the 80's had the effects running out front - all of it.
Nowadays people wax lyrically over how good the old tape Space Echoes sounded. Well guess what? They were all running out front.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Jul 13, 2011,
Quote by stykerwolf
people also say the extra 83K for a Dumble is worth that of a Fuches/Tworock amp.
in short, people don't know what the **** they're saying.
Does your delay have a cut knob? or tone knob?

No its not, its about demand and supply. There are only a limited / fixed number of dumbles in the world, but so many people want one, hence driving up the prices.

Its the same concept as buying and selling shares / equities of companies.

TS, you do know there's a FX loop mod for the Orange, correct?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Thanks for the replies. I've got over this now as it sounds fine to me. I wonder myself why I was obsessing with a loop.

Yeah I know theres a mod for it. Apparently it changes tone? I just started college doing an electrical course so I might use that 'experience' excuse to mod the rocker if things get too messy haha.

Cheers guys
Most of the mods ive seen for the R30 are passive loops. Which suck balls anyway.

Really, if you need an effects loop, just go buy an amp with one.

Ade said he didnt put one in the rocker because it changed the sound of the amp too much.

Cathbard

Not all of it mind you. I know there was a lot of artists that used to run their effects into the inserts on the mixers to get around the lack of fx loop.

Do you use the alesis in front of your amp?