Got a couple new pedals in today and one in last week. As usual, cork sniffer approved.

First up is a replacement for my Himmelstrutz Fetto Standard that I shipped off last week.

It's a Himmelstrutz Fetto Nord. Basically a Standard with a built in boost that you can configure to come after or before the OD section. My review of the Standard can be found in my last NPD if you're curious about the OD side.

The boost is a boost. Clean and loud. There's a slight boost in the mids and a slighter boost in the highs but overall it's fairly transparent. Not really much to say other than that I find the slight boost in mids pleasing. It's nearly noise free, a huge plus for me. The boost makes the price much more bearable since it's essentially 2 pedals in one for $350 rather than one pedal for $300.

Next up is a Catalinbread CB30.

The first batch of these arrived everywhere today and I paid for mine a couple weeks ago so I could have it soon. It's meant to emulate a dirty AC30, though it can get fairly clean with the Gain knob turned way down. There's not much distortion even with it cranked up though. Think Brian May when it's dimed.

What it lacks in gain, it makes up for in touch sensitivity. Even better than the Fetto in that regard. It's a blast to play. The tone is very fat at pretty much any dirty setting, though you can get a thinner chime with the Gain knob set below 1 o clock and the treble knob turned up a bit.

And the piece that completes my board:

This is a Strymon Timeline. Released a couple days ago, they sold out (around 500 were made for the first batch) in 7 minutes. Being the precocious little scamp that I am, I snagged one right when they put them in the store. Lots of bitching going on from people who didn't get one so lulz on them.

It's basically the be all-end all delay. It literally does everything and it does everything well. Tape sim, analog sim, reverse, swell, tremolo delay, dynamic, pattern, filter, looper etc. The one unique to this model is called Ice. It slices up the input and modulates the pitch however you want it then plays it back at a predetermined interval. It's a ton of fun. If you play any sort of ambient stuff, you need one of these.

It's extremely complicated though. The manual is 25 pages and required reading if you want to get anything done. I've just been running through the 99 preset banks and messing around with it, not even scratching the surface of what it can do.

The build quality is awesome. Custom aluminum casing, high quality soft touch switches and selectable relay true bypass/buffered bypass, high quality Analog Devices processors, 96kHz 24 bit A/D/A converters, etc. Very well designed and executed pedal. I really can't say enough to stress that.

Here's a family shot:
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
that is a nice board you have there sir! HNPD
im really diggn' that TimeLine
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
Nice pedals. HNPD!
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Cool stuff, man! That delay looks intense.

Quote by mmolteratx
Not really much to say other than that I find the slight boost in mids pleasing.

Are the mids haunting? Or at least just a little creepy?
I totally plan on getting the timeline. Looks amazingg
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Looks nice!

What do those Timelines go for?
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
They're $449 direct from Strymon and their dealers. Totally worth it considering that it does everything a man could want. I'm having a blast with it right now.

Craig, the mid aren't haunting but Ice definitely is.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

3 very cool lookin pedals you got there!
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
You know it! I'm in for 3. Gotta stack them to get the Dumble tone.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx

Here's a family shot:

epic board is epic.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.