I down tune on 7 and 6 string guitars. I used to always use 13-56 and 12-54 when tuning to drop B and 56-13(with an extra .10 for the high e) for 7 string. I've recently found myself playing 10-46 for drop C and B and being very comfortable. There's an obvious loss of highs and loss of "sparkle" to the tone. I'm playing leads more lately and really prefer the lights for bending and shredding. I also prefer the light strings with a booster(tube screamer/modded DS-1/clean boosters), as with the heavier ones I get too much of a scratch sound even when I know I'm not scraping my strings.

Yes I know about neck tension and such, I've worked on guitars for about 9 years now.

Anyone else?
Yup, set of 10s here for D standard and drop C, 9s with an added 56 for drop A on the 7 string
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
I play drop Ab on a 7 string with 70-11's on, if the top isnt tight it annoys me beyond belief
I used to, but I've been playing my acoustic alot gigging so I want to keep up the hand strength so I put a jazz set of .049-.011 in Drop Db on my guitar, still a bit loose, but oh well.

I used to drop to B with .010's no problem, I could play with twinkle fairy fingers.
Quote by ethan_hanus
I used to, but I've been playing my acoustic alot gigging so I want to keep up the hand strength so I put a jazz set of .049-.011 in Drop Db on my guitar, still a bit loose, but oh well.

I used to drop to B with .010's no problem, I could play with twinkle fairy fingers.

lul yup, I end up playing light. My hands eventually got tired of 13's and I felt myself having to push harder than I really should.

i use these, but i don't really down tune a lot
GENERIC SIGNATURE
Yup I love using .10's in all my dropped tuning's. Like now I'm in B standard ( 5fdp ) an it feel's good to me.
Quote by Austin174
Yup I love using .10's in all my dropped tuning's. Like now I'm in B standard ( 5fdp ) an it feel's good to me.

Good call on a band to play.
Ya dude lol. I'm learning the bleeding just that riff is killing me lol, every other note is palm muted. Once I learn it though I wanna dual cover it .
I use 9's for drop d and it sounds fine. For Anything lower I just use pitch shifting on my rp355(which works quite well).
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
im using 9's for drop C, 10's for drop B
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
I have my 25.5" six-string down half a step with .009s. My 27" eight-string in drop E (ebgDAEBE) uses a custom set:

.008p | .011p | .014p | .019p
.030w | .040w | .054w | .080w

Yeah, I like light strings. They're very snappy and have a lot of high end. Thicker strings have fewer overtones and a stronger fundamental in comparison. Some like it. I happen to hate that tone for what I play, so light ftw. The most harmonic information I can get, the better. It's harder to add overtones to a sound post-guitar than it is to subtract them.
Ibanez RG2228 w/ EMG808Xs | Line 6 POD HD500 | Mackie HD1221