Ok, so I just recorded this using the Poulin LeCTO, and even though it's dark, it's still kinda clear, but is the LeCTO supposed to sound this dark? The leads are supposed to sound hollow and eerie.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=1034597&songID=10832799

I have the mids and highs and presence pushed pretty hard, and have the TS secret(TS9 VST) running to cut the lows, but still sounds really dark. I know is a Dual Rectifier sim, but I didn't think Dual Recs were this dark.

Is it my set up? My set up goes like this.

Guitar with BKP Painkiller->Trace Elliot RAH350SMX->line out of amp to Line in on soundcard-> TS Secret VST->Poulin LeCTO->Poulin Lecab 2-> Real EQ.

It's not the ideal set up, but could it be the amp? Or is it fine and I'm just being paranoid?

Also, tell me how the drum sounds are, I just redid my drum kit.
Are you using new strings? If I recall correctly rectos are pretty dark. I can't listen to the clip now but rectos aren't too bright. I never liked the Lecto much anyway. What impulse(s) are you using?
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
I'd try the God's Cab sm57 w/ TS impulses if you're tying to brighten the tone; I've always found the Catharsis impulses to be a tad on the darker side.
Quote by Odirunn
I'd try the God's Cab sm57 w/ TS impulses if you're tying to brighten the tone; I've always found the Catharsis impulses to be a tad on the darker side.

I use them as well (The God's Cab ones)
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
^ Where do I find the God's impulses?

Vendetta, yeah, something similar to that, I prefer a brighter tone, cause right now I'm only in Drop Db and it sounds like drop B Which is cool I guess, but it's lacking that high end punch that I know my Painkiller has.

EDIT: Nvm, I found them, I'll give them a shot.
Last edited by ethan_hanus at Jul 9, 2011,