Hi guys, Im from Argentina and Im looking for a guitar for playing some Stoner rock/Sludge metal and I`ve seen the epiphone Sg 400 and the Les paul Studio.

I would like to know which differences do you found between this 2 guitars, and which would you reccomend to suit properly the style of music Im playing. (take notice that I need some good bass tone)

I also would like to know which are the differences between SG 400ltd edition 1966, the Faded brown edition, the goth edition and the classic SG400. And which would yo reccomend.

Finally I also would like to know the differences between the Les Paul Faded Brown studio edition, The goth studio edition and the classic Studio edition.

Basically, I do all this questions because the diferences in price between all the SG models and all the Les paul models is very small, but the difference in price between the SG G400 and the Les Paul Studio is about $100 dollars.

Thank you very much, and cheers!!
Quote by somedude789
Buy more pot, fab after smoking said pot, then kill a baby, and finally eat so much food that you must get your stomach pumped.
Standard SG G400 is a great guitar.

See if you can find a 2nd hand Korean one.

The neck pup + gain = sludgey goodness.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I`ve listened that the neck pickup in the faded brown edition loses some definition, how true is that?
Because I ****ing love that finish, but if it sounds better the classic g400 I would go for it!!
Quote by somedude789
Buy more pot, fab after smoking said pot, then kill a baby, and finally eat so much food that you must get your stomach pumped.
Its the same pup in all the guitars your looking at and they are all pretty muddy.

Perfect for stoner/doom stuff IMO

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
And one last question, this ones brings grover tuners?
Quote by somedude789
Aye, the G400 has Grovers

Its a very nice guitar really, I quite miss my old one.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Aaah man! Its beautiful!!! have you tried any les paul? Im between this two and cant decide yet!
Quote by somedude789