the guy was asking $500. it had been up there a while. it has a finish crack in the neck that scared everyone off. i checked it out, and it holds tune fine. it could stay this way for 10 or 20 years, it may snap in 2 weeks if tommy drops it. when and if it ever goes, there's a good guy around the corner that's reasonable. if it's a clean snap, i'll probably do it.

time will tell on that one. until then, tommy and steven have a 2002 Gibson LP studio to play with.

i believe it's the 490/498 set of pups. they aren't my favorite tbh but they are ok. i've played it a bit and it sounds like a lp so everything should be fine. when they develop an ear for tone i'll worry about it. until then, it's not changing much. it's not as bright as i'd have expected.

0.o

anyway, enjoy!

You sir, are what some would call "the man".
From a thread asking if it is safe to tell someone the serial number on your amp:
Quote by JAHellraiser
omg dont do it! he can hack your amp get the b00tiful t00b t0anz
sooo if its just a finish crack and not a crack in the actual neck, then why were people scared?
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
Seems like a hell of a deal to me, and that finish problem doesnt seem like enough to make me not buy that for 350. HNGD.
Where's Waldo?
HNGD!!

Thats a great deal for $350, finish crack or not!
Like you said, its not hard to fix if it does actually break too.
I'll Buy it for $400
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Nice score!

A USA Gibson for 350$.
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
HNGD, glad you decided to go back to your original avatar.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
The neck seems fine. I bet it gets dropped before it goes naturally. I mean two teens will be playing it.

Thanks guys.
HNGD! That's a great deal for $350. Thats a pretty small crack, and I cant see it messing up the guitar.

And ipoon, I saw your post about the "squirrel". It's a badger. That looks nothing like a squirrel.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Last edited by kutless999 at Jul 9, 2011,
sweet deals greg.

HNGD

And it matches your cab. Need more cab pics. Did you finally get rid of 311's old Avatar cab?
I'll kill you

...not really. HNGD. If there was an emoticon for "I'm jealous as shit" I would make you a stack of them.
jesus dude, thats such a steal!
HNGD!
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
C'Mon Greg. Take me in. I'm called Tom so you wouldn't even need to learn another name.....

Awesome find.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
forsakn would have offered $200 and a half eaten donut.

bastage probably would have gotten it too lol. i will say i was surprised when i got an email back saying he'd take the $350.

thanks everyone.

Quote by Ippon
I wonder if that paint pen thingy for car scratches, that used to get hawked by Billy Mays (RIP, or was it one of his cohorts?) will work on that nasty scratch? You must Google/track it down, order one, then report back!

i wonder, do you think it would? i know the pen/eraser thingy you're talking about.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
sweet deals greg.

HNGD

And it matches your cab. Need more cab pics. Did you finally get rid of 311's old Avatar cab?

haven't sold the ole avatar just yet. i tore out the g12h and installed it in the emperor yesterday. it sounds sweet with the tfx.

i plan on listing the lead 80 and cab separately to see, i think i'll get more that way.
Quote by jimihendrix6699
sooo if its just a finish crack and not a crack in the actual neck, then why were people scared?

i missed this comment.

because gibsons are known for snapping headstocks when the guitar (lp/sg) takes a fall. this one took a shock when it fell, but it fell to it's side and not on it's face, so it twisted a slight bit on impact and caused a stress wound.

i have actually put more pressure on it intentionally to see if it makes any creeks or whatnot. (and if it snapped, well then it snapped and i can get it completely resolved)

i got nothing and i didn't exactly go easy on it.

my first guitar was snapped and glued twice so i'm not concerned if it ever decides to break there. and like i said, a 13 and 15 yr old will be playing this guitar daily and fighting over it for who gets to take it to college. i expect it to get borked at some point, regardless of it's current crack. i busted mine the first time at college, it's a rite of passage in my family lol.
Quote by gregs1020
i missed this comment.

because gibsons are known for snapping headstocks when the guitar (lp/sg) takes a fall. this one took a shock when it fell, but it fell to it's side and not on it's face, so it twisted a slight bit on impact and caused a stress wound.

i have actually put more pressure on it intentionally to see if it makes any creeks or whatnot. (and if it snapped, well then it snapped and i can get it completely resolved)

i got nothing and i didn't exactly go easy on it.

my first guitar was snapped and glued twice so i'm not concerned if it ever decides to break there. and like i said, a 13 and 15 yr old will be playing this guitar daily and fighting over it for who gets to take it to college. i expect it to get borked at some point, regardless of it's current crack. i busted mine the first time at college, it's a rite of passage in my family lol.

ahhhh yea, you're right. well if its all good then its all good haha.
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by thehikingdude
Nice addition to the family. Love the gold hardware!!

man if i could change one thing on it, that would be it.

while it looks better with the red wine finish, i'm just not a fan of the gold.

the bridge, tuners and stoptail have all been purchased new recently . i may pull it all and try to do a swap on mylespaul for chrome. some of those guys love gold.

and thanks everyone!
Quote by sonic_777111
For $350? You stole it.

i know but he accepted the offer. i think he just wanted to be done with it. he had it listed for weeks and got nothing.

after doing a set up and strings and tons of polish to get rid of the unwanted dna left overs, it plays damn nice.

Or nickel.

Maybe go all prs on it and use nickel with gold screws?

I'm trying to bring the finish back, the clear has tons of scratches and what appears like big rough spot on the top hump. It's dinged up everywhere but that's ok with me. Thats good mojo.

I may refinish the top and do a natural binding if I can't get the clear to look nice.
i'm not that fussed on gold, but on certain guitars it looks good. i like gold with the wine red.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?