Can someone say me the exact model of fernandes that is using Billie Joe in this photo.

I already see this page. It said is a strato with sonic blue colour. But Fernandes has done lots of different strato copies.
And also in his one doesn't have the Fernandes logo in the headstock. And all the ones I see have it.
Bj's guitar is a Fernandez stratocaster copy the color is sonic blue wich is very close to "baby blue" or "sky blue" It is called a retrorocket standered

It may have poor spelling and grammar, but its there.
They probably don't make that exact model anymore, Billie Joe's is obviously quite old, so they've likely discontinued it.
Quote by gdbruno
And also in his one doesn't have the Fernandes logo in the headstock. And all the ones I see have it.

Everything is in that link...

It is called a retrorocket standard which sells for $350.00 dollars

His on the other hand his alot more money because his has lot of different things he put on it himself (Exsample;A better neck(from mexico) a Seymour Duncan black "Jeff Beck" humbucker ETC...)

(fixed spelling errors)
"It is called a retrorocket standered wich sells for $350.00 dollars (U.S) giver take a few bucks."

I think this is specific enough, right in the first paragraph.
just get an MIM strat and slap in a Seymour Duncan JB and you'll be good to go for like 500 bucks.
Quote by Chad11491
just get an MIM strat and slap in a Seymour Duncan JB and you'll be good to go for like 500 bucks.

Not even that if he picks up a used MIM strat
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Ok, first off, the only thing Fernandes about BJA's guitar is the body. From the looks of it, practically everything has been replaced. You'd be much better off getting like a Fender MIM (or really any Strat Copy) HSS Strat.

Secondly, He got his model in the early ninties, I'd be surprised if the specs were anywhere near the same as they are built now.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
i think you should email billie joe and ask him where he got his? maybe if he could get you one?
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
alright, i use the same picks billie joe from green day uses, i must be doing something right!

oh god.

you want green day tone? it's called the dude you don't see on stage playing guitar while billie is singing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5aQFRc4okE

that is green day tone. i gotta bridge in NY to sell ya too if you believe his tone is anything but studio musicians and production.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Jul 8, 2011,
Quote by gumbilicious

you want green day tone? it's called the dude you don't see on stage playing guitar while billie is singing

For a start, early Green Day tone and later Green Day tone are totally different.

Secondly, having seen Green Day twice I can assure you that the other guitarist is on stage all the time.
Billie Joe's guitar is so hacked-up it's beyond recognition really. The only original part of it is the body and even that has been beaten up so badly that it might as well just be a Squier he's using. It's even got water damage from being in flood water.

Whether you want to sound like him, play like him or just look like him, do not worry about getting the right kind of Fernandes. His guitar might as well not be called a Fernandes, it's a hacked-up, home-modded partscaster. buy any body, buy any neck and buy a SD JB pickup and put the guitar together yourself then cover it with stickers. Bingo, you've got Billie Joe's guitar. In fact since your parts will be newer it will be better than his guitar.
Quote by CrazyPigeon
For a start, early Green Day tone and later Green Day tone are totally different.

Secondly, having seen Green Day twice I can assure you that the other guitarist is on stage all the time.

there are actually 2 more guitarists, they were like 7 on stage last time i saw them.
BJ plays guitar for real though
Quote by JDizzle787
anybody just actually think this guy just wanted to know what model guitar it was? There's nowhere in the OP that says he wants his tone, bone or anything else for that matter.

Oh, my god. You're right. We've all just assumed that he wanted to get the same tone/sound as Green Day, but it could be he just wants to win a bet of something.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Actually, that particular model of blue (and all the models he uses currently, for that matter) aren't Fernandes guitars at all, they're made by the Fender Custom shop. He no longer uses the original guitar (except in the studio I believe), he only uses replicas.
From a thread asking if it is safe to tell someone the serial number on your amp:
Quote by JAHellraiser
omg dont do it! he can hack your amp get the b00tiful t00b t0anz
Last edited by Darth_jacob22 at Jul 9, 2011,
Quote by JD2k9
Some website actually replicates blue. You should check them out.
www.bjguitars.com
Those look like somebody bought up a load of Squier guitars and just drew on their scratchplates with a marker pen. They've not even attempted to make those actually accurate other than the rough sticker placement. And for $300 I'd be very suspicious of what you're paying for.
Quote by grohl1987
Those look like somebody bought up a load of Squier guitars and just drew on their scratchplates with a marker pen. They've not even attempted to make those actually accurate other than the rough sticker placement. And for $300 I'd be very suspicious of what you're paying for.

+1000000. It would be a lot cheaper to build the thing yourself, especially using eBay. Plus you can find the sticker templates online and even order them for like $5.
From a thread asking if it is safe to tell someone the serial number on your amp:
Quote by JAHellraiser
omg dont do it! he can hack your amp get the b00tiful t00b t0anz