Page 1 of 3
I just had an image of the Australian army conducting covert operations at a church just to stop two gay people getting married.
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Last edited by Cianyx at Jul 9, 2011,
Why must people be so close-minded?
Quote by teachmeviolence
Headbang until your head becomes detached from the rest of your body, then throw it into the crowd while you play a killer guitar solo. Trust me, it would be totally br00tal.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
What is Gillard actually doing here? As far as I'm aware, this policy is from when Howard amended the marriage act like 10 years ago. Unless I'm mistaken, this isn't actually news.

Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
more motivation for gays to fuck off from here...go on gtfo...

Seriously?

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Last edited by -xCaMRocKx- at Jul 9, 2011,
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
more motivation for gays to fuck off from here...go on gtfo...

Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-
What is Gillard actually doing here? As far as I'm aware, this policy is from when Howard amended the marriage act like 10 years ago.

based on monday's qanda. there is a vote on it next year or something but it would most likely get blocked either way
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Quote by RU Experienced?
That's A-level trolling if I've ever seen it.

+1
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by amaranth_todd
a huge step backward for Australia

How?
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Holy Crap.

I love you more than life itself.
I don't know how law in Australia works, but this needs to be challenged in a court if that's a thing they have there.

Quote by catempire
How?

It's a sign that things in Australia aren't getting better for gays. The government is actively preventing them from marrying.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
Last edited by abdulalhazred at Jul 9, 2011,
Quote by abdulalhazred
I don't know how law in Australia works, but this needs to be challenged in a court if that's a thing they have there.

Nahhh, we don't have court, just kangaroos.

Quote by Scumbag1792
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-

I meant challenging laws in the courts. I don't know how people in Australia go about fighting unjust laws. I presume it has something to do with boomerangs.
Quote by RU Experienced?

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

Quote by abdulalhazred
I meant challenging laws in the courts. I don't know how people in Australia go about fighting unjust laws. I presume it has something to do with boomerangs.

Close, but it actually involves ritual dancing with didgeridoos for ambiance.
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-

Haha!!

No but honestly, that's ridiculous. It's only a matter of time before Australia caves.

Gillard needs to get off her high homosexual hatin' horse.

She's probably a closet monster.
"Because hoes don't trust anyone.. especially me."
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-

Kangaroo courts!

Quote by abdulalhazred
It's a sign that things in Australia aren't getting better for gays. The government is actively preventing them from marrying.

Not getting better =/= huge step backwards. This doesn't change anything. It does all come back the the changes made to the Marriage Act under Howard (with Labor support). Labor's policy may change as the issue is on the agenda for their upcoming national conference, but they have so much other stuff to deal with I'm not very optimistic.
Finally, no this won't get challenged in the courts.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Holy Crap.

What else can you expect from the ass end of the world other than close-minded biggotry?
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by Colgate Total
What else can you expect from the ass end of the world other than close-minded biggotry?

Aw that's not right. Aussie's in general are incredible people.

They're gonna make their way there.. when they have proper leadership.
Quote by catempire

Not getting better =/= huge step backwards. This doesn't change anything. It does all come back the the changes made to the Marriage Act under Howard (with Labor support). Labor's policy may change as the issue is on the agenda for their upcoming national conference, but they have so much other stuff to deal with I'm not very optimistic.
Finally, no this won't get challenged in the courts.

Every individual act of discrimination is a huge step backwards, whether it's par for the course or not.
Quote by RU Experienced?

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

Quote by Colgate Total

Quote by abdulalhazred
Every individual act of discrimination is a huge step backwards, whether it's par for the course or not.

But nobody has done anything. There is no 'act'. Your exaggeration means you have no appropriate language when things do actually happen. All the criticism here seems to be from people that don't understand Australian politics or law. I'd argue we're a lot better on this issue than the US anyway.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Holy Crap.

Last edited by catempire at Jul 9, 2011,
Just goes to show that the government wants to actively keep gays down, as opposed to wanting to change legislation but not wanting to upset the anti-gay lobby.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by rgrockr
Just goes to show that the government wants to actively keep gays down, as opposed to wanting to change legislation but not wanting to upset the anti-gay lobby.

That's the way the cookie crumbles.

Things won't change as long as it's Gillardgan's Island.
Quote by catempire
I'd argue we're a lot better on this issue than the US anyway.
Quit taking this personally. No one is trying to argue on behalf of their countries.
Quote by due 07
Quit taking this personally. No one is trying to argue on behalf of their countries.

I am. Speaking for the United States of America, Australia and everyone in it can lick our butts.
Quote by due 07

Yeah?
Quote by Colgate Total

I'm not taking it personally, by the way. Aside from mentioning Australian policy vs US policy, I don't know where you got that idea. I'm also not getting outraged over this meaningless piece of 'news'. I simply said it was not a 'big step backwards' (or any step at all) and have shown why that's the case.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Holy Crap.

Quote by blackflag49
I am. Speaking for the United States of America, Australia and everyone in it can lick our butts.

That's so unnecessary. But still kind of funny.
I don't understand why Gillard is so anti-gay. She's not religious, so it's not her invisible sky man telling her what to do. She's not married, so she can't use the old "gay marriage is threatening me!" argument. What the fuck is her actual problem with it?

EDIT:
Quote by catempire
Kangaroo courts!

If that was a TV show, I'd totally watch it.

Quote by Scumbag1792
Last edited by -xCaMRocKx- at Jul 9, 2011,
Every opportunity lost to take a step forward is a step backwards. You're maintaining inertia (not that ignorant Australians would know physics any better than they do tolerance).
Quote by catempire
Yeah?

I'm not taking it personally, by the way. Aside from mentioning Australian policy vs US policy, I don't know where you got that idea. I'm also not getting outraged over this meaningless piece of 'news'. I simply said it was not a 'big step backwards' (or any step at all) and have shown why that's the case.
It came off as if you were just trying to defend Australia, and at the end going "Yeah well your country sux tho."

If those weren't your intentions, my apologies.
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-
I don't understand why Gillard is so anti-gay. She's not religious, so it's not her invisible sky man telling her what to do. She's not married, so she can't use the old "gay marriage is threatening me!" argument. What the fuck is her actual problem with it?

repressed closet dike
Quote by technicolour
repressed closet dike

Haha. Secret love for the pink taco.
Quote by due 07
It came off as if you were just trying to defend Australia, and at the end going "Yeah well your country sux tho."

If those weren't your intentions, my apologies.

Nah, I wasn't saying anywhere sucks. Australia just isn't as bad for gay people as this thread makes it seem. It could definitely be better, but the federal government altered the Marriage Act to prevent gay marriage. That affects our states' ability to do what American states have been doing.
It is hilarious/depressing that our atheist, unmarried, left-wing Prime Minister, who lives with her hairdresser boyfriend, is publicly opposed to changing the Act. I think it's more likely cowardice than homophobia though.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Holy Crap.

Quote by catempire
I think it's more likely cowardice than homophobia though.

I imagine that's probably the case. She stands to lose a lot of support, I'm sure.
Quote by catempire
Nah, I wasn't saying anywhere sucks. Australia just isn't as bad for gay people as this thread makes it seem. It could definitely be better, but the federal government altered the Marriage Act to prevent gay marriage. That affects our states' ability to do what American states have been doing.
It is hilarious/depressing that our atheist, unmarried, left-wing Prime Minister, who lives with her hairdresser boyfriend, is publicly opposed to changing the Act. I think it's more likely cowardice than homophobia though.
While we're comparing countries, it would be impossible for a female, non-Christian, unmarried, left-wing person to be president. Those are all things that, individually, make it near-impossible to get elected. All of them together? That's crazy talk!

And yeah, Colgate Total took it too far.
Page 1 of 3