I had the cash for a cabinet last week, and I've always wanted a 2x12, so i decided to pick up this Carvin V212 after hearing good things about the speakers inside.

Review:
(Keep in mind that this is the first cabinet I've ever owned. and im sorry i cant upload clips )
This is an 8 ohm cabinet loaded with two Carvin GT12's, and i wasn't expecting much for the price i paid (300 USD). I got ALOT more than i expected. This thing has a HUGE sound to it. After hooking up a speaker output to my old Vypyr 30, I realized how lackluster it's Blue Marvel speaker was. I had no idea how much of a difference speakers made. Has plenty of bass, and works great for my playing style (Mostly metal or hardcore). I still have yet to take the back off to see what it sounds like without it. Of course, the speakers aren't broken in yet, but it sounds incredible to my ears regardless. I'm completely satisfied with my purchase, and if you're looking for your first decent (no idea what the expensive ones sound like. i hope this sounds close!) 2x12
on a budget. I recommend this.

Has anyone else tried one of these? I'd like to get some opinions if i can.
Rig:
Jackson SLSMG/Ibanez S470QS/Charvel DS-1 -> JCA100H/BV50H -> Carvin V212

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Some of my farts last longer than Axe does.
i haven't tried it but it looks awesome. i've been thinking about a 2x12 with a small tube head would you say that it is too loud for home practice?
Quote by wolvenrick
i haven't tried it but it looks awesome. i've been thinking about a 2x12 with a small tube head would you say that it is too loud for home practice?

not if the amp has a volume knob.

congrats on the cab TS
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
It's not too loud depending on what you plug into it (not really any louder than the combo was. more bass response though, and sounds bettter). Besides, my neighbors don't mind me playing loud for some reason. There's a good chance that they might change their minds when i get a head though.
Rig:
Jackson SLSMG/Ibanez S470QS/Charvel DS-1 -> JCA100H/BV50H -> Carvin V212

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Some of my farts last longer than Axe does.