Hellraiser
9 41%
Jeff Loomis
7 32%
Damien Elite
5 23%
Voters: 22.
Hey guys.

So I'm getting a new guitar towards the end of this year. I currently own an Ibanez RG prestige w/fr and an LTD Alexi-200 fr running through a line 6 spider 50 watt. Decent set up I suppose, both play very well. I've been meaning to get a new guitar for a while though, one without a floyd rose/tremelo. I've also had intentions of getting a Schecter for a while, so here are my choices thus far..

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser (EMG ACTIVE 81W/89s)

Schecter Jeff Loomis 7 string (black satin, no floyd rose ACTIVE EMG 707s)

Schecter Damien Elite 7 (EMG Active 81-7 (bridge)/ EMG Active 85-7 (neck) humbuckers)

The biggest deciding factor about my desicion would be the pick ups and which would support a heavy thrash tone the best way possible. Unfortunately, while I do know a lot about guitar playing and techniques, I'm not so knowledgible about gear. I know EMG's are great for metal, but I don't really know the difference between models.

So please, give me your opinions/advice. If someone could explain to me the difference between these emg models, that'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys, stay metal.
I already got a new amp on the way don't worry about that. I'm not even asking for help upgrading my tone I'm just asking for opinions of which of these guitars would you recommend and why.
Quote by bluntorc
I already got a new amp on the way don't worry about that. I'm not even asking for help upgrading my tone I'm just asking for opinions of which of these guitars would you recommend and why.

Mind telling us that amp?

And the Damien really doesn't compare to the Hellraiser and the Loomis. It's really whether you want a 6 or 7 string.

The Hellraiser has the split coil functionality, which will make cleans better.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
peavy 6505 guys.

So basically you guys are ruling out the Damien. So it comes down to either the hellraiser or loomis. The hellraiser would be better for cleans and overall effectiveness while the loomis should only be considered because of the extra string?

The fact that it's a seven string doesn't concern much, it'd be nice to have more variety though. Whichever one would sound, play, and be better is what I'm looking for.
I don't like 7 string guitars, they feel queer in my hands.Honestly, I would get something with HSS pickup configuration. SIngle coils sound dank yo.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by bluntorc
peavy 6505 guys.

Ok now you're just effing with us. In the OP you say you have a 50 watt spider, and now you're pulling out a 6505? or did I just miss that in the OP?

Edit: Nope, didn't miss anything. And apparantly EMG's will sound really flat and dull through something like a Spider.
Where's Waldo?
Last edited by chadreed32 at Jul 10, 2011,
The Loomis is nice, a unique guitar. The Hellraisers are awesome guitars as well...I played a 7 string Hellraiser...I would add that to your choices!
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
Quote by chadreed32
Ok now you're just effing with us. In the OP you say you have a 50 watt spider, and now you're pulling out a 6505? or did I just miss that in the OP?

Edit: Nope, didn't miss anything. And apparantly EMG's will sound really flat and dull through something like a Spider.

People decide to go off topic and suggest I get a new amp. I have already considered that option and ordered a new amp a little while ago. I said a new amp was on the way. That's gonna be my new amp. I don't have it yet, so for now I'm using my 50 watt spider. Understand?
Last edited by bluntorc at Jul 10, 2011,
Quote by Vinson
The Loomis is nice, a unique guitar. The Hellraisers are awesome guitars as well...I played a 7 string Hellraiser...I would add that to your choices!

It really just comes down to the pick ups. I like the look of both guitars. The maple fretboard of the loomis looks great and so does the gothic crosses on the hellraiser. Both are high end Schecters so I'm not worried about quality. Can someone explain to me the toneal differences each set of pick ups will bring? Besides the obvious that the 707s are wider and designed for 7 string.
hellraiser
they're both great guitars but i hate sig guitars, it's nice to have your own style haha
Quote by JakeLTD
hellraiser
they're both great guitars but i hate sig guitars, it's nice to have your own style haha

I suppose that's true.
Quote by bluntorc
People decide to go off topic and suggest I get a new amp. I have already considered that option and ordered a new amp a little while ago. I said a new amp was on the way. That's gonna be my new amp. I don't have it yet, so for now I'm using my 50 watt spider. Understand?

Sorry, missed the really small post where you said that.
Where's Waldo?
Well alright, the people have spoken. With the combined votes of the Loomis and Damien, it's still not higher than the Hellraiser. Hellraiser it is.
Quote by bluntorc
Well alright, the people have spoken. With the combined votes of the Loomis and Damien, it's still not higher than the Hellraiser. Hellraiser it is.

Good choice dude, make sure to do a NGD for us when you get it.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Quote by NosralTserrof
Good choice dude, make sure to do a NGD for us when you get it.

What does NGB stand for?
Quote by bluntorc
What does NGB stand for?

NGD = New Guitar Day

When a member posts a thread detailing his/her's first thoughts when laying their hands on the new guitar.
Gear: Fender Custom 3 Pickup Telecaster, Fender American Std Telecaster ('10 3burst), Fender Kurt Cobain Jag, Gibson Les Paul Std ('97 Honeyburst), Orange Tiny Terror HW + PPC112, Marshall JCM-1H, Vox Night Train NT15H, Fender Champ 600.
Last edited by CarbonToe at Jul 13, 2011,
Quote by CarbonToe
NGD = New Guitar Day

When a member posts a thread detailing his/her's first thoughts when laying their hands on the new guitar.

Oh! Will do