Poll Options
View poll results: See last sentence
Yes
26 25%
No
77 75%
Voters: 103.
Page 1 of 3
Absolutely. I would shamelessly pander to the largest possible consumer base. Then, once I had a nice sum in the bank, I'd change it up and play what I like.
Because I only have a few songs and none of them are recorded.

That's just the first issue.
lack of motivation, lack of songwriting ability.

I've good a great voice and sufficient guitar skills to tackle any genre or anything...I'm pretty content with not being your favourite artist though.
yo.

I BELIEVE
I remember when this band first hit internet forums everywhere. Good times.

I'd sell out if I had the looks. Although it wouldn't technically be 'selling out'.
cause im not good enough?(actually thats just not true ive seen way worse get signed)
my songs dont appeal to mass audience
i havent played enough live shows to get a decent following
more importantly while i am serious about music i hvent really had the opportunity to do anything seirious in a while

OT no i wouldnt play something i dont like just to get signed sure it might be making a living but just no
Last edited by supersac at Jul 9, 2011,
I reckon they sound pretty typical..

Seizuring all over the guitar.. screaming bloody murder into the mic..

What's not to like?
"Because hoes don't trust anyone.. especially me."
Dude, I wouldn't do that. The second I start playing for only the money and not the love of it is the day I no longer am a musician. I think my band is unsigned because, well, we're just getting started. But in due time...
Rojam's new and improved band!!!!

Listen a little bit, we DON'T suck!
i wouldn't. im the type of musician that wouldn't play blatantly horrible music to get signed. i believe my band can get signed on our talents and skill regardless of whats popular or not.
Quote by KTFM
Dammit, Snorlax! This is why we can't have nice things!!

Quote by Xiaoxi
AWWWWWWWWW FUCK NAW!!!!!!!

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by jetfuel495
Best thing since toast.

Forevermore was more toasty than these guys.
MY EARS! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME!?

EDIT: I just had a look at some of the other Victory Records videos. All the members of all the bands have the same hair.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Last edited by -xCaMRocKx- at Jul 9, 2011,
first of all, at that band

secondly, is being signed even necessary anymore?
you still have zoiiidbeeeerg
(V) (;,,;) (V)
YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG
Quote by TheBurningFish
It's more shocking to see Tom dressed at all.
Quote by suckersdream
I don't think I've ever actually seen him clothed.
Sexy Peoples Only
◕ ‿ ◕
TweetZ
Quote by Portuguese_boy
I'd sell out in a second.. Money is awesome.

This. In a heartbeat.
No, I wouldn't do that. Not for any sort of moral reasons, I just like my chances of making a career for myself via school/internships better than with music.
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
Quote by trueamerican
Absolutely. I would shamelessly pander to the largest possible consumer base. Then, once I had a nice sum in the bank, I'd change it up and play what I like.

This. Make a shitty, generic first album to get shitloads of attention, then play your real style. If only it were that easy...
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by GuyWhoDoesStuff
secondly, is being signed even necessary anymore?

It seems like more and more rappers are making good money without being signed. Odd Future released 15 albums for free and they were playing Coachella a few months later.
Quote by Butt Rayge
That has to be the worst record label ever.

They were a staple of underground metal in the 90s, plus they had BTBAM for a while. Not too shabby.
Quote by genghisgandhi
It seems like more and more rappers are making good money without being signed. Odd Future released 15 albums for free and they were playing Coachella a few months later.

They were a staple of underground metal in the 90s, plus they had BTBAM for a while. Not too shabby.

BTBAM are bad.

Their slogan isn't actually 'BTBAM are always relevant,' it's 'BTBAM ar always crap.'
I live in a shitty backwards-ass town full of super conservative christian fundamentalist assholes who don't support music if it's anything but gospel.
We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal;
A generation born to witness
The end of the world

Hehe, you guys are far too modest. Do like John Mayer - make pop music and just when you get signed, start playing some blueeees.

It;s a unicorn-eat-unicorn world and well, yeah....
G(g)od was like: "Make you an ark of gopher wood; rooms shall you make in the ark, and shall pitch it within and without with pitch."

And i was like: "What's gopher wood?"
Because I'm just doing this as a hobby and not to get signed. It would be cool if I did, but fat chance that will happen, I'm kinda horrible atm
My Gear:
Gibson SG Classic
Les Paul knockoff >.>
Vox VT30 with footswitch
EHX Big Muff w/ Tone Wicker
Isn't Streetlight on Victory? Victory blows ass, and they treat a lot of their bands like crap. To my understanding, they practically rob most of their bands, and dump the money into their super popular shit.
Why doesn't someone start a contest where people send demos to victory records and see if they hear back. It's like the beautiful people thread...sort of
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
A majority of jobs are degrading and force you to be pushed around like a little bitch and follow a strict set of rules and guidelines. If I could get one that involves music, fame, and a lot more cash flow, why the **** wouldn't I?
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Quote by Wiegenlied
A majority of jobs are degrading and force you to be pushed around like a little bitch and follow a strict set of rules and guidelines. If I could get one that involves music, fame, and a lot more cash flow, why the **** wouldn't I?

Because it's a failure of capitalism that people even need to be pushed around like a bitch and follow strict rules. That and it's an insult to music and art in general that any art should be subjected to bullshit like that. It's damaging to the artform to restrict it to make the most obvious point, which is exactly what is going on.
Quote by Zoot Allures
Because it's a failure of capitalism that people even need to be pushed around like a bitch and follow strict rules. That and it's an insult to music and art in general that any art should be subjected to bullshit like that. It's damaging to the artform to restrict it to make the most obvious point, which is exactly what is going on.

Ah you'll never fight your way to the top of capitalism. You have to sneak in. You can't let on that you're a wolf among the sheep.

Go in like Britney Spears.. come out like whatever you want.
"Because hoes don't trust anyone.. especially me."
But with money like that you have freedom to do whatever you want musically. **** you could be a small theatre off your own and throw free daily shows, have a side project of music you want to make and are passionate about.. you could give free cds and buy whichever guitars you want.

Just think of your signed band as your day job. Once you're done, you're off you don't think twice about it.

You think music is an artform that's degraded? Just think off art itself. How many advertisements do you see while walking down a main road of stupid cartoons and unspiring pictures. Do you think those artists wanted to paint those pictures? No. Are they making a living yes?

Think of it this way.. my father is a professional artist who draws and creates his own surreal artwork. But he makes a vast majority of his profit from drawing portraits or advertisements for companies or people that pay him to do so.

Is that selling out? No. That's called making a living, and encorporating a skill you already have and love to use. If he would of worried about selling out, I would have starved to death growing up.

It's about proreities man, once you get older you start to think about it. I wouldn't skip a beat if I was asked to sign a contract for a label no matter what the expectations were. Do I think I would like how I looked to people while I'm playing? no of course not, but would I like how I look wearing a greasy mcdonalds uniform flippin burgers? no, in fact that's probably more embarassing. Either way i'm making money, but like I said before one way I'm doing what I love, no matter what the criteria is, and on top of that i'm ****in' bitches and making money. end of case
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Page 1 of 3