Hey guys! i saw this korg ax3000g! I recently posted a thread on the boss me-25. Which ones better. Im mainly aiming for the distortion and ease of use. Which has more features and effects??
Last edited by kjohn333 at Jul 19, 2011,
Haven't used the Boss - but owned Korg before. After a quick look at the Boss I can tell that the Korg is more versatile. And, the main reason I got it was because of the distorsions and overdrives, they're very high quality for a multiFX.
Quote by kjohn333
Hey guys! i saw this korg ax300g! I recenlt posted a thread on the boss me-25. Which ones better. Im mainly aiming for the distortion and ease of use. Which has more features and effects??

That's an older pedal. I'd rather get the boss me25 than that one(actually if I were you I would get the rp355). Did you watch the clip in your other thread?
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
I don't have experience those two multi-effects pedals... but maybe you should check out Digitech RP355, it's on the same price category as ME-25, but has a little bit more features. Also it's really easy to use and you can get some really nice distorted sounds of it.
Kombat Gear:

Quote by some1fat
          I don't have experience those two multi-effects pedals... but maybe you should check out Digitech RP355, it's on the same price category as ME-25, but has a little bit more features. Also it's really easy to use and you can get some really nice distorted sounds of it.

You can't to wrong with the rp355. It has waaay more features than the me 25 and has more amp models and effects. I think it sounds better too. And did I mention that the screen on the rp355 is 4 times as wide so you can have words on the screen, not just numbers.
          former owner of the korg..
          it's not the most straight forward to get used to - once you get your banks programmed its easy..

the drives are pretty good , the modulations are really nice..

for the money korg > boss - easily.
          Korg ax3000g vs digitech rp355. I think the korg has many features compared to the digitech. 1st priority is distortion. Then effects. Can u put many effects at the same time on the digitech
          Here's a pic

See the lights on the left? That's all the stuff that you can have running at once.
          oh, ive decided that im buying the korg ax3000g. i found one for INR Rs. 13500. Can u record with it? Do u get the recording equipments with it?? So will i be able to connect it to the comp, transfer patches? Can i put patches on the korg from the comp which i downloaded n all?
          You can record any multifx if you have a sound card on your computer. And it does have a software preset editor for xfering patches with your computer. I'm guessing you will need a midi interface to the computer for the software editor.
          Owned a AX1500g and loved it. Still own it in fact, just don't use it much. I prefer it to the Boss GT8 that I also own, the GT8 has way more functions and options and versatility, but the Ax1500g is very easy to dial in great usable tones. Modulation and amp simulations on it are also very good, and I can only imagine the AX3000g is better still.
          ^ Get what?
          the midi interferance, and does the korg have the freeze function like the one in the boss me 25??
          Quote by kutless999

You can't to wrong with the rp355. It has waaay more features than the me 25 and has more amp models and effects. I think it sounds better too. And did I mention that the screen on the rp355 is 4 times as wide so you can have words on the screen, not just numbers.

Umm yea you can you can go way wrong
          The rp series effects and amp models sound like shit imho and if your not using a decent amp with it its completly useless as is any modeler unless your using it strictly for recording purposes which even in that case the rp isnt the right choice.

TS-Look at line 6 hd series ive heard good things about the hd300 and hd500 look used also.

And the size of the screen dont make the models any better or does it
          My gear-
          Schecter C-1 Classic
          Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
          And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
          PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
          Last edited by slipknot_420 at Jul 22, 2011,
          Quote by slipknot_420
          The rp series effects and amp models sound like shit imho and if your not using a decent amp with it its completly useless as is any modeler unless your using it strictly for recording purposes which even in that case the rp isnt the right choice.
          Look at line 6 hd series ive heard good things about the hd300 and hd500 look used also.

Everyone has different ears for tone.
          Quote by kutless999
          Everyone has different ears for tone.

And alot of people have bad ears
          My gear-
          Schecter C-1 Classic
          And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
          PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
          Quote by slipknot_420
          And alot of people have bad ears

Actually, there are many people on UG who think the rp sounds great. And I guess you're not one of them.
          Quote by kutless999
          Actually, there are many people on UG who think the rp sounds great. And I guess you're not one of them.

Have you been to ug lately its 90% newbsies with line 6 spiders or mgs
          This is getting off topic though

My gear-
          Schecter C-1 Classic
          And some pedals

PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
          Quote by slipknot_420

TS-Look at line 6 hd series ive heard good things about the hd300 and hd500 look used also.

Well you did say it was IMO, but I think that you have no bragging rights for your ears. The RP series has as good of amp models as any multifx in the sub $500 range. And that includes the HD series. The nice thing about the RP series is that the same quality of the amp models extends to the lower priced versions down to the RP155.

IMO your post is inaccurate and like you say is your opinion. YMMV

BTW, saying it's useless unless you are using a good amp or for recording is completely weird.
          Last edited by fly135 at Jul 22, 2011,
          Quote by fly135
          Well you did say it was IMO, but I think that you have no bragging rights for your ears. The RP series has as good of amp models as any multifx in the sub $500 range. And that includes the HD series. The nice thing about the RP series is that the same quality of the amp models extends to the lower priced versions down to the RP155.

BTW, saying it's useless unless you are using a good amp or for recording is completely weird.

Yes, that's what I think too.
          Im on my android but send me a PM and I'll write you a decent review on the korg
          Quote by Eddie4President
          Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
          Jabba's real name is Katie.
          Quote by fly135

IMO your post is inaccurate ive been working with live bands from time to time for sometime now , I know what sounds good and what sounds bad rps sound bad thats that.
          You have no grounds to determine my ear, I co own a small chain of music stores, we carry high end gear and Ive played around on most of it, Im not the most talented musician but hey Im more focused on my family than my skillz.

And yes its pure stupidity to use a modeler with a pos amp example lets hook up my fender frontman to a the rp355 hmm sounds like shit.

Now lets run it through my mesa sounds hmm sounds better.
          Ok now lets get crazy and run it through a modeling amp can you figure out the results, based on your reply to my post probly not.
          Im not saying the amps making the modeler better in a magical way but there is a huge difference if you use a better amp.

Ohh I almost forgot your probly still stupified by my question earlier the results thru a modeler it sounds bad

BTW, Ill be working an upcoming show in detroit at saint andrews hall on august 5th, Ill be working with a little band called the black dahlia murder you might have heard of them or if not maybe youve heard of whitechapel?
          My gear-
          Schecter C-1 Classic
          And some pedals

PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
          Quote by slipknot_420
          IMO your post is inaccurate ive been working with live bands from time to time for sometime now , I know what sounds good and what sounds bad rps sound bad thats that.
          You have no grounds to determine my ear, I co own a small chain of music stores, we carry high end gear and Ive played around on most of it, Im not the most talented musician but hey Im more focused on my family than my skillz.

And yes its pure stupidity to use a modeler with a pos amp example lets hook up my fender frontman to a the rp355 hmm sounds like shit.

Now lets run it through my mesa sounds hmm sounds better.
          Ok now lets get crazy and run it through a modeling amp can you figure out the results, based on your reply to my post probly not.
          Im not saying the amps making the modeler better in a magical way but there is a huge difference if you use a better amp.

Ohh I almost forgot your probly still stupified by my question earlier the results thru a modeler it sounds bad

BTW, Ill be working an upcoming show in detroit at saint andrews hall on august 5th, Ill be working with a little band called the black dahlia murder you might have heard of them or if not maybe youve heard of whitechapel?

Dude, don't call fly's post inaccurate. He's the one who encouraged me to get the rp355 and I'm glad I listened to him. He's owned many different mfx units and he knows what sounds good. I can give you a list of them if you want.
          Quote by slipknot_420
          My post is not inaccurate. For one, it's the result of observing many opinions from different boards and people who have demonstrated knowledge, and my own experience. There is nothing you can point to in my post that's inaccurate.

Second, I said it was wierd to claim multifx sound bad through a crappy amp because it's stating the obvious. Everything sounds bad through a crappy am. Derp!

Third professional musicians use multifx. My buddy who rents a room from me uses an HD500 with a GSP1011 as his pedalboard. He's a professional who makes his living gigging and teaching. Nobody complains about his tone, for good reason. He sounds good.

The grounds I have to declare your ears bad is your own post. If your rules to judge other people's ears are so poor, then I will judge you by your own rules. Normally I would never say that to someone.

I will agree that an amp designed to create a certain tone is better sounding than a multifx. But that doesn't make them crap sounding. What predominately makes them crap sounding is the lack of ability to adjust to get a good tone. Dialing in a good tone on a multifx can be difficult. But so can finding an amp that will give you all the tones you want. Or earning the money to buy pedals to try out every possible tone variation and effect.
          Last edited by fly135 at Jul 23, 2011,
          Hey fly, what does your buddy think of the rp355?
          He uses it for practice all the time. He's actually thinking of combining it with some other pedals to make an small pedalboard for certain types of gigs.
          See slipknot, theres proof that a pro gigging musician uses a mfx pedal as small as the rp355 for practise and gigs.