Page 1 of 3
Well its been at least a week since my last new gear day, so here is my latest buy..

Nice sturdy handle:

check out the inside though

Overall its very nicely spec'ed, well made and sturdy, best of all its got that great "new case" smell

Hope you all like it!

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Nice case man! I wish I had a nice case like that. I've got some floppy gig bag for my Squier.
NHCD!
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Ha! I wasn't expecting that

Very nice, what brand is it?
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
dude sleeps on the floor with a crappy case...

can't see the empty bottle of scotch...

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jul 9, 2011,
Quote by coolstoryangus
Tom is that an htc desire in the background?

I see an xbox 360 controller and an iPod touch
and a pair of soiled flannel somethings...
Is that a plate with pizza on it?
Last edited by kutless999 at Jul 9, 2011,
Crap Tom, I knew I forgot something when I mailed you that case. Looking back, it did seem kinda light and the shipping was cheaper than usual.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Tom is that an htc desire in the background?

Aye?

Quote by gregs1020
and a pair of soiled flannel somethings...

Its a shirt dammit.

Quote by Vauxite
Ha! I wasn't expecting that

Very nice, what brand is it?

Its a Carvin Case.

You get some cool options with them.

I chose the following...

Alder Wings.
Maple Neck-thru.
Ebony Board.
No Inlays.
Hardtail String Thru.
Black Hardware ( with MOP Inserts ).
Pearl Blue.
Jumbo Frets.
24 Frets.
My name on it.
Coil Tapz.

Oh....

And 7 Strings

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
The little details:

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
You went with the base model and just changed the very minor things eh? I was thinking of doing the same

HNGD

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Review:

I have always been rather sceptical of Carvin guitars, made to order guitars for the cost of standard model for how much!? I never suggested them for the reason I solidly believe that if it sounds too good to be true. It usually is, that and I have never played one. This guitar was almost as much an experiment in whether I would like their neck profiles and to make sure if I didnt like it, it wasnt so radical I could never sell it. Just a tweaked standard 727 looked about right to do this.

I got gas for a nice 7 but wanted something completely new to me. So I emailed somebody I have never met or spoken to in person and trusted him with about £750 of my money and a list of what I fancied. If he wants to name himself he can, but I dont want him to end up getting spammed with daft requests. The guy was amazing and he should be rather pleased with what he has coming to him

The guitar its self is flawless. The fit and finish and is perfect and the quality of the finish is unreal. I hoped as much after seeing so many positive reviews of Carvins finishes. I actually almost regret not going for a more elaborate finish, but I adore this blue, its different to how I imagined it, but its brilliant, it changes so much in the light and never quite looks the same. The black hardware is a nice and subtle and keeps the guitar looking clean and gives it enough"Metalz" credibility...

To play the guitar is great, the jumbo frets are my favourite and the ebony board, not as dark as I hoped, is smooth and gives it a nice bite. The guitar held its setup perfect on the way over. Which was unreal. To play its effortless, going from my LTD to this is easy and there was no real discomfort moving over to a 7. The neck-thru gives clear and clean access all the way up to the 24th fret, as well as a well cut nut allowing fro great comfort at the other end when chording.

The sound is awesome through my POD but I will reserve real judgement until I play it through a proper amp, but I think I will still be changing them over for BKPs as I really want to try them anyway. So I will update that when its worth telling you all.

I was really impressed with this guitar and I will be confident in buying another one when the money is there to do so, though that one will be a little bit more OTT than this one.

I hope that if you ever have the chance to look into Carvin, I really would advise you to do so, though make sure if you live outside the US you have somebody who can order it for you. I saved about £800 doing it that way. I love it.

Quote by Seanthesheep
son of a........

so tell us about it, whats the neck like?

Nice.

Imagine an Ibanez neck and then add a few more milimetres to the depth and smooth out the back of neck, its quite a comfortable (I sort of shape. But it reminds me of a sort of the Thin U sort of ESP & string necks. Its thinner than I expected but not overly so. Though I wouldnt want to get the 20" radius you can do if your willing to pay enough out though..

For the Suckter boyz...

CO1l TApZZZZZZZ!!!

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Last edited by Tom 1.0 at Jul 9, 2011,
I knew it was a Carvin when I saw the case.

Totallly because I'm psychic and shit, not because my main guitar is a Carvin with the same case...

Anyway, it looks great.
Quote by Roc8995
Crap Tom, I knew I forgot something when I mailed you that case. Looking back, it did seem kinda light and the shipping was cheaper than usual.

very nice indeed
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
dat paint
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
I know...

Its almost like 3/4 colours

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Last edited by Tom 1.0 at Jul 9, 2011,
oh wow that's some difference
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It just changes in every light, its quite frustrating to try and take a decent picture

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
ahahaha
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
go look in the WTLT thread

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Damn son, well done.
Greg.

I will get a PRS one day I promise, I have my eye on a rather tasty Gold Top CU24, just an amp and car insurance to come first

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
Greg.

I will get a PRS one day I promise, I have my eye on a rather tasty Gold Top CU24, just an amp and car insurance to come first

you don't have to ever get a prs.

you still have the guitar that's too cool to really be called an LTD right?

this carvin and that would be a nice metal 2some right there.
Page 1 of 3