I've had an Epiphone Sheraton 2 for a while now and I think it's time to upgrade it. It's a good guitar and looks great but it won't stay in tune for more than a few hours. I want to get a new bridge, nut, and tuners. Is the Gibson Nashville Tune-O-Matic bridge compatible with the Sheraton 2? I want to also get a new corian nut and a standard set of USA Grovers. These are my priorities right now. Later I want to upgrade the pickups, circuit, and jack. Any helpful advice is appreciated!
I know I had to do some modification on the Nashville to get it on an Epi Dot. Take some measurements of the stock bridge and you should be able to find some better, non Gibson bridges. Gibson might even be able to hep if you give them a call.
I think I'll probably put in a Graph tech bridge and a TUSQ nut. I've looked them up and they seem to have the perfect sizes for my Sheraton 2.
I'm not sure. I have a great shop near me that has done some setup work for me before. If I got a pre-slotted nut I guess I could get it adjusted for the strings, which will probably be the case because I'm going up to 11 strings. Any advantage to getting a blank nut?