at the 12th fret is set
is this normal?
how do you adjust?
the neck relief is about the width of a credit card. maybe slightly higher.
and you can see how the action is set

You're going to have to adjust the bridge. You didn't include a picture of it, so I can't give you specific directions.
Quote by KG6_Steven
You're going to have to adjust the bridge. You didn't include a picture of it, so I can't give you specific directions.

well, its a floating OFR, and intonation is set at the 12 fret.
so what other bridge adjustments can be made for sharp fretted notes from the 1st fret to 9th fret?
Did you adjust the intonation on the bridge? You should have adjustments for each string at the bridge. I actually would put slightly more relief in myself. To learn how to adjust the bridge check out YouTube.

Forgot to ask, are you using old strings? The strings could be gone and you won't ever get it set

ESP LTD RZK-600
4 Custom Strats
1 Custom Soloist (Warmoth)
1 Custom Telecaster (Warmoth)
2007 Jimmie Vaughan Sig Strat

Callaham Hardware & Bridges
Fender Custom Shop 69's
Dimarzio Breed Pickups

Blues Junior Amp
BlackStar HT Club 40 Amp
Last edited by JohnnyNash at Jul 9, 2011,
Quote by sethp
well, its a floating OFR, and intonation is set at the 12 fret.
so what other bridge adjustments can be made for sharp fretted notes from the 1st fret to 9th fret?

Not sure what you mean by intonation is set at the 12th fret. Intonation is adjusting the string length, making sure it is equal distance from the 12th fret and the nut and the 12th fret and the saddles on the bridge. you adjust intonation by adjusting the saddles on your bridge forward and backward.
Quote by JohnnyNash
Did you adjust the intonation on the bridge? You should have adjustments for each string at the bridge. I actually would put slightly more relief in myself. To learn how to adjust the bridge check out YouTube.

Forgot to ask, are you using old strings? The strings could be gone and you won't ever get it set

strings aren't very old. and as i've said, i have set the intonation for the 12th fret
Quote by mcamp1230
Not sure what you mean by intonation is set at the 12th fret. Intonation is adjusting the string length, making sure it is equal distance from the 12th fret and the nut and the 12th fret and the saddles on the bridge. you adjust intonation by adjusting the saddles on your bridge forward and backward.

you don't understand setting the intonation at the 12th fret?
you just explained it to yourself in your second sentence.
Quote by sethp
Fretted notes are slightly sharp when intonation

Well, yeah. When you press down the string it's going to raise the pitch.

I tend to make all my strings very slightly flat so that when I fret (which is most notes) they are only just above the correct pitch. It's quite arbitrary though.
Quote by sethp
you don't understand setting the intonation at the 12th fret?
you just explained it to yourself in your second sentence.

Sorry i havnt had coffee yet, I guess what threw me off is that intonation is always set at the 12th fret, and it dosnt need to be said. So when you said its set at the 12th fret I just thought you tuned the guitar at the 12th fret.

Do you have a good tuner, many tuners are not very accurate, and can make getting perfect intonation hard to achieve.
Quote by Jamma
Well, yeah. When you press down the string it's going to raise the pitch.

I tend to make all my strings very slightly flat so that when I fret (which is most notes) they are only just above the correct pitch. It's quite arbitrary though.

This too