I've heard stories about people getting injured by breaking their G string(ololololo), B string, E string, whatevah. What could happen if you snapped a string on a bassplaya guitah?
Could it:
Kill you?
Mildly injur you?
Steal your girlfriend, thus breaking your heart?
Steal you mojo?
Burn your house down?
Kill your mother?
Rape your dog?
Discuss.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
bass strings don't have as much tension in them as guitar strings, they'd probably just kinda fall off.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
My G string managed to swing me on the arm, left a nice red mark for a while. Stings like a bitch for a while.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by jgbsmith
bass strings don't have as much tension in them as guitar strings, they'd probably just kinda fall off.

but they could probably could rape your girlfriend!
Quote by jgbsmith

Would they react the same way if you snapped them by tuning too high?
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
probably. I don't actually play bass or guitar so I'm just guessing really
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
i put 12 gauge on my electric and i've been hurt far worse by those than any bass string. The 12s actually broke skin once, left a nice 6-inch cut on my forearm.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by jgbsmith

This. I've seen an upright's E break (somehow) and it just sort of drooped.

If it snapped via tuning too high, you're more likely to damage the bass than your string. Get a capo or some shit.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Usually when I break a bass string, it just unwinds near the bridge and goes really slack.
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
The only times I've been hurt by strings...are when I manage to push my finger onto the end of one of the unwound steel strings and I get a spot of blood, and when I was tuning my mates guitar on his bunk bed, and the high E snapped when I wasn't touching it so I shat myself and hit my head on the bar.
Quote by TheBurningFish

If it snapped via tuning too high, you're more likely to damage the bass than your string. Get a capo or some shit.

I remember i snapped a bass D string when i was a noob and tried to tune a bass 1 octave up =]

I got the E and A done fine, the D broke but it didn't really fly off at an angle, just sorta sprang away abit, it had a lot of tension on it though but it didn't really go in any direction.
Quote by ShadesOfNight
The only times I've been hurt by strings...are when I manage to push my finger onto the end of one of the unwound steel strings and I get a spot of blood

I remember when I did that. I've still got a little red mark on my finger and it happened 3 or 4 years ago.
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
One time, I got pregnant from a bass string snapping.

Quote by TheBurningFish

My mate did this once. He then went out and bought a new bass
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by jgbsmith

This is true, but maybe the added mass of the string makes them more dangerous when they snap? I suppose it could easily be the opposite though.

The energy stored is approximately the same though, so either way it doesn't really matter.
I think what's worse is the higher guitar strings, those things are sharp. I cut my self pretty bad when one of them flicked onto my finger while I was making a guitar-string-bracelet out of boredom.
Quote by Jamma
This is true, but maybe the added mass of the string makes them more dangerous when they snap? I suppose it could easily be the opposite though.

The energy stored is approximately the same though, so either way it doesn't really matter.

It's more the opposite. Think pinging an elastic band versus pinging an elastic rope.

It will do everything mentioned in the OP, especially burn your house down.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
They're not that dangerous, they don't fly off anywhere, just sort of droop. Also because they're thicker the coil sometimes unravels but still stays intact whilst the core breaks, holding it together still
Spin round carousel
When your horse isn't screwed in

I II III VI:1 VI:2
Quote by jgbsmith

Lol, yeah, very true! I've had my bass for a year and a half now, and I haven't replaced the strings once! I know it's actually really bad, but I rarely pick up the bass, so...
Quote by slash_GNR666
You sir, are a giant c*** and you finger will forever haunt my dreams.

Quote by Kind, Non-Existant User
Coco-Loco is the finest bit of meat on the butcher block.
I once managed to break one of my guitars strings so that it slid itself about 8cm into my right hand. It still feels a bit weird :/
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Quote by coco-loco
Lol, yeah, very true! I've had my bass for a year and a half now, and I haven't replaced the strings once! I know it's actually really bad, but I rarely pick up the bass, so...

James Jameson never changed his strings.

Haha, I have only ever had one string snap on me. Incidentally, it was the thick E string... it just kinda... died. Sad panda like . It didn't even fall off, just flopped in the middle sort of thing.
This will start a RIOT! in me
Quote by jgbsmith

I beg to differ, the D and G string have stupid amounts of tension compared to guitar strings. Why do you think bass guitar necks are so much more beefier than guitar necks?

My bassist snapped her D string, broke near the ball end, it whacked her wrist and left a nice bruise there, while we were playing.

If the E or A snaps, no big deal, they are too heavy to fly and kill someone, but the D and G are pretty tight and will whack you pretty good if they snap all the way through, usually the core breaks and the windings keeps it from flying out and smacking your face, thankfully.
I could imagine losing an eye due to a bass string snapping... *touches e-wood and real wood* >__>
I'm a victim of second-hand bass string snapping. It only slapped me but I bet it raped me in my sleep later.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
I once snapped a bass E string, it just unwinded near the bridge and nothing really happened
Professional lurker since 2009.
Quote by fail
I'm a victim of second-hand bass string snapping. It only slapped me but I bet it raped me in my sleep later.

That image was funny... I imagined it like a snake
Quote by Paramore.
That image was funny... I imagined it like a snake

Same, but I had the shark's theme from Jaws in the background.