hi,

I soon want to buy new pickups for my MIM stratocaster and the ones I have in mind
are the Kinman Woodstocks (regular set).

I wonder if anyone uses these and can tell me a bit about them?

Are they worth the price, do they really have a good single coil sound?
Also I heard they can sound a little bit dark, I normally like a bright tone but maybe you can compensate that with your amp..

I always read good things about Kinman Woodstocks but they're expensive and I want to make sure, so maybe someone has experiences with them.

greetings
what sound are you after? ie what genre do you play?
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by Dempsey68
what sound are you after? ie what genre do you play?

I would say rock, but more like soft-rock / pop-rock.

U2 / Pink Floyd / Eric Johnson sound. That's the kind of sound I am after.
get GFS pickups
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
Quote by SKArface McDank
get GFS pickups

Talk about an apples to oranges comparison.

I had a set of Kinmans in an old Strat that I sold last year. They were head & shoulders above anything else I had ever tried in a Strat. I am no stranger to boutique pickups. You won't be sorry. For the cleaner sounds, being noiseless was a huge bonus.

Beware, though. Make surer you get the correct color of covers when you buy them. Standard Strat pickup replacement covers won't fit. You would need to order replacements from Kinman.
Various Strats
PRS SC245 (2007)
Fessenden SD-10 pedal steel
Koch Studiotone XL
Mesa Boogie Express 5:25+
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
Last edited by Vulcan at Jul 10, 2011,
fender texas specials or custom shop 69 pickups? i have the latter in my strat and theyre beasty!
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by SKArface McDank
get GFS pickups

He's looking at some really expensive pickups, why would you recommend a bargain brand? That's like recommending a Squier CV to someone looking for an American Strat.
Quote by Vulcan
Talk about an apples to oranges comparison.

I had a set of Kinmans in an old Strat that I sold last year. They were head & shoulders above anything else I had ever tried in a Strat. I am no stranger to boutique pickups. You won't be sorry. For the cleaner sounds, being noiseless was a huge bonus.

Beware, though. Make surer you get the correct color of covers when you buy them. Standard Strat pickup replacement covers won't fit. You would need to order replacements from Kinman.

Thanks for sharing your experience.
Yeah, I already know about the issue with the Fender pickup covers. I would need to buy black pu covers from Kinman. Funny thing is, the covers with the Kinman Logo are less expensive then the ones without it, probably a marketing strategy, but the logo does look quite nice on the covers I think.