Page 3 of 54
Sorry V, I was busy all day.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Ok here's a post.

I'm going to try to connect my rp355 to my cube via an aux cable. I'll tell you how it goes.

Hmm.... It didn't work.

There was no sound coming from the amp. This is how I tried to connect it: Guitar-cable-rp355 aux cable-rp355-amp. guitar cable-amp aux cable-rp355-amp. Guitar cable-rp355 cable-rp355-amp aux cable-rp355-amp. Those three ways didnt work. Am I doing it wrong? If so, what is the proper way to make the connection?
Last edited by kutless999 at Jul 13, 2011,
i successfully installed all the necessary software recommended by digitech in the instruction manual & also ensured that my computer had identified this multi effects unit i.e. digitech rp 355.Still,when i switch on cubase,are there any settings to be made inside this software? because i pressed the record button,but my guitar playing couldn't be recorded.Also i would like to know why i can't use my amp while recording,to hear what i'm playing? Will i have to use headphones to hear what i'm recording? Does the amp get disabled when the unit is connected to a computer? Also i noticed that if the amp is connected to the processor when the processor is plugged into the computer,the amp functioned as the computer's speakers i.e. whatever sounds were supposed to come from the computer's speakers could be heard from the amp! pls reply.i'm stuck.I already tried the digitech forums and also had previously tried the digitech thread on this forum for another question,but i only get answers when i post my queries here.So do reply to this thread or mail me at nayansurfer@gmail.com.
If you're using XP then go to the control panel/sound/audio and check your record and playback devices. Set your playback device back to your sound card and make sure you record device is the Digitech.

Your amp should be still playing if it's plugged into the RP output.
Can anyone answer my previous question?
Try running from the RP355 headphone jack with a stereo 1/8" cable to aux in. The aux in is an 1/8" stereo jack. If you can hear it through headphones then you should be able to hear it through the cube.

The cables you are using may be shorting the RP355 output to ground.
But the rp355 has an aux input. I'll try It right now..

Yes, it worked! thanks fly

I'll see if it sounds better connected like that later and I'll tell you how it goes.
Last edited by kutless999 at Jul 14, 2011,
The aux input for the RP355 is an input. You aren't going to get any sound from an input. I guess that's why I didn't understand your previous connection description. It didn't seem to make any sense. Now I know why. You are hooking an input to an input.
Hey I just wanted to stop by and ask a few questions about the digitech RP series. Im looking at possibly buying one to run with the 4 cable method in my Bugera 6260 for a better clean tone and for effects. I wanted to get a POD HD 500 but I was wondering if the Digitechs could do a great job with clean tones and effects also. I have only played an RP once and I now live too far from any place that carries any to try one. Would the RPs be worth my time?
Does anyone know if it's possible to mod a multi effects unit? Has anyone tried before?(not that I would, I was just wondering)
Quote by fly135
It's possible. But I'm guessing whatever you're thinking isn't.

Huh? What do you mean?
Quote by guitarpatrick66
Hey I just wanted to stop by and ask a few questions about the digitech RP series. Im looking at possibly buying one to run with the 4 cable method in my Bugera 6260 for a better clean tone and for effects. I wanted to get a POD HD 500 but I was wondering if the Digitechs could do a great job with clean tones and effects also. I have only played an RP once and I now live too far from any place that carries any to try one. Would the RPs be worth my time?
The RP1000 is a good choice. I like some of the FX and the Fuzz's better on the HD500. And I like the HD500's 40 second looper more than the 20 sec on the RP1000. But for what you're asking the RP1000 is just as good.

If you really want to be diligent, you should download both manuals and compare features against needs. Soundwise you don't need to worry about the RP1000. The word on the street is that the RP amp and distortion stomp models may edge out the HD. And the stomp loop on the RP allows to add separate pedals in the chain.
Quote by fly135
What do you mean?

Oh nevermind.
Quote by fly135
The RP1000 is a good choice. I like some of the FX and the Fuzz's better on the HD500. And I like the HD500's 40 second looper more than the 20 sec on the RP1000. But for what you're asking the RP1000 is just as good.

If you really want to be diligent, you should download both manuals and compare features against needs. Soundwise you don't need to worry about the RP1000. The word on the street is that the RP amp and distortion stomp models may edge out the HD. And the stomp loop on the RP allows to add separate pedals in the chain.

Sweet! I dont really need a 40 second looper anyways TBH. Ill definitly check into the RP. I did try an HD a few months ago and found it to be good, but not as great as I had hoped.
oh i didnt know RP500 had 40 seconds...

anyways, i guess MFX aren't modable or to very small extent (unless you'er good and programming and whatnot) but i dont see a reason to mod them...
I know some guys have put a power switch in their RP units but i dont think it's something that worth!

as to Patrick, yeah i guess what you really need is a RP :P and given you wanna use it with your bugera, RP1000 sounds more reasonable to me than 500
Quote by Vendetta V
oh i didnt know HD500 had 40 seconds...
Fixed!

Actually it's 48 secs.
Quote by Vendetta V
you sure?? i've never realyl seen HD500 being advertised to have 48 sec of loop
Fixed.

Yep. 48 seconds.
http://soundcloud.com/arghyadeepmitra/unnamed-song

Everything except bridge and solo.

Drums- Drumkit from Hell
Bass- Steinberg VB-1>Amplitube Ampeg SVX
Guitars- LTD MH100>RP500>Reaper, clean tones- Guitar>amp models off on RP, interface mode>Ampeg SVX.

Forgive the sloppy playing, learnt in it an hour from a GP file, recorded and double tracked parts in one take. Most parts are one riff copy pasted. never actually having played it right through.

Will make a porper recording once I get this passed over the erst of the band.

Opinions on tone and composition?

Quote by Vendetta V
that's actualyl cool...

hmmm guys how do you store your presets, i mean how do you organize them? cleans in one place, dirt in another? or ...

Song wise.
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at Jul 15, 2011,
Quote by Vendetta V
that's actualyl cool...

hmmm guys how do you store your presets, i mean how do you organize them? cleans in one place, dirt in another? or ...

Good question.

Well, I don't really store my presets in any particular order, but after I did the amp model presets, the amp models are all in a row like you would see them in the instruction book.

Maybe I will store them like you stated: cleans to low gain to medium gain to high gain. Sorry I haven't really posted today, I just don't feel well.

So how do you store your presets V?
Last edited by kutless999 at Jul 15, 2011,
Quote by Vendetta V
that's actualyl cool...
OK, this didn't go where I thought it would. I was talking about the Pod HD500, not the RP500.
Um, gslead5

Look how you spelled "like" in do you like digitech.
Quote by GS LEAD 5
http://soundcloud.com/arghyadeepmitra/unnamed-song

Everything except bridge and solo.

Drums- Drumkit from Hell
Bass- Steinberg VB-1>Amplitube Ampeg SVX
Guitars- LTD MH100>RP500>Reaper, clean tones- Guitar>amp models off on RP, interface mode>Ampeg SVX.

Forgive the sloppy playing, learnt in it an hour from a GP file, recorded and double tracked parts in one take. Most parts are one riff copy pasted. never actually having played it right through.

Will make a porper recording once I get this passed over the erst of the band.

Opinions on tone and composition?

Song wise.

Sounds great!
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Its teh writing style of teh interwebz

Thanks man. Anything stood out? Like tone can be thicker, or stick a solo here or something other than sloppy playing?

I see..

A solo would be nice. And maybe you could add a little flange to it.
Quote by Vendetta V
oh i didnt know RP500 had 40 seconds...

anyways, i guess MFX aren't modable or to very small extent (unless you'er good and programming and whatnot) but i dont see a reason to mod them...
I know some guys have put a power switch in their RP units but i dont think it's something that worth!

as to Patrick, yeah i guess what you really need is a RP :P and given you wanna use it with your bugera, RP1000 sounds more reasonable to me than 500

Thats what I was thinking. But of course I may just sell the whole rig and get a combo amp. But I will still likely pick up a mutli effects unit for the sake of having all my effects in one unit. This whole carrying around a head + 4x12 cab + pedalboard and then hooking it all together thing is getting a little bit old.

Heck I may just grab an RP1000 and run it direct to PA systems.
Quote by kutless999
I see..

A solo would be nice. And maybe you could add a little flange to it.

Flange in the chorus?
Will do.
Solo should be up next week. Has a lot of sweeping bits.
Sad thing about guitar pro- you end up wrting stuff you cant play.

Quote by guitarpatrick66
Thats what I was thinking. But of course I may just sell the whole rig and get a combo amp. But I will still likely pick up a mutli effects unit for the sake of having all my effects in one unit. This whole carrying around a head + 4x12 cab + pedalboard and then hooking it all together thing is getting a little bit old.

Heck I may just grab an RP1000 and run it direct to PA systems.

Youll be limited by the sound of the PA. And what will you do for band practice?
I dont recomend going the MFX route without a poweramp/cab setup for independence.
I use a keyboard amp for example.
The link is broken.
Quote by GS LEAD 5

Youll be limited by the sound of the PA. And what will you do for band practice?
I dont recomend going the MFX route without a poweramp/cab setup for independence.
I use a keyboard amp for example.

Ah good point. If its not obvious I have no idea what i want to do. Im still keeping all options open. Ill probably stick around and listen to all of your recordings yall post.
i'd still vote for a MFX Patrick, idk but i am using my RP355 in conjunction with a wah, octaver, EQ, delay, flanger, fuzz, booster and that's it for now i guess and that's a HUGE hassle already... the MFX part is cool but like i have to yet organize my pedalboard and each time i'm to get a new pedal or something i'm thru the hard times of thinking "now where will this one go?"

GS Lead 5, first of all i love your distortion sound now the clean sound in the beggining would surely benefit from a nice reverb or delay and cutting out a bit of the bass. make it more spanky
may be put a nice drum roll (in triplets or something) that'll break the fast rhythm and smoothly transfer into the slower part, same about when it gets fast

and idk dont want to be an ass or something but the drumset needs some better mixing overall

I love the piece tho, just a little stuff to fix here and there and you have a killer metal track

as for the presets, i actually am looking for a good way of doing it. yep still looking for it. I actualyl have my Old Higain preset on the Meddle place, then it comes a Hi gain Mesa preset which is my current tone you hear in my new recordings after that i have a clean preset then a more of a mellow kind of distortion. fat sound, after that i have the same thing with an octavia and after it another fat distortion (more like satriani). I use one preset per song (except for the fat sound>octavia thing) and usualyl stick to the hi gain preset (mesa atm) in stomp mode, this way i have distortion and when i need some little clean I can get it it by turning off my overdrive and changing my pickups to the 2nd position or 4th) where i have coil tapping with phase cancellation with the middle single coil... gives some nice tubey broke up cleans (not that nice cleans to be honest, but sounds good to my ears ), may be roll the volume a bit... if the song is clean then i'll go tot he clean preset. and so on... also well i have some other patches thrown here and there but i use them only for like experimenting and only once in awhile... and use only the ones i mentioned above when im playing live or recording

and i fixed the link (the song was actually non-public so i just changed that) http://vendettav.bandcamp.com/track/eighty-eight
Sounds great V!
Quote by Vendetta V
yay, thanx for checking man, did you listen till the end? I have some phase madness going on in there

I did hear a phase yes, but I didn't listen to the end. Maybe I will later.