Page 4 of 54
Quote by Vendetta V
i'd still vote for a MFX Patrick, idk but i am using my RP355 in conjunction with a wah, octaver, EQ, delay, flanger, fuzz, booster and that's it for now i guess and that's a HUGE hassle already... the MFX part is cool but like i have to yet organize my pedalboard and each time i'm to get a new pedal or something i'm thru the hard times of thinking "now where will this one go?"

GS Lead 5, first of all i love your distortion sound now the clean sound in the beggining would surely benefit from a nice reverb or delay and cutting out a bit of the bass. make it more spanky
may be put a nice drum roll (in triplets or something) that'll break the fast rhythm and smoothly transfer into the slower part, same about when it gets fast

and idk dont want to be an ass or something but the drumset needs some better mixing overall

I love the piece tho, just a little stuff to fix here and there and you have a killer metal track

as for the presets, i actually am looking for a good way of doing it. yep still looking for it. I actualyl have my Old Higain preset on the Meddle place, then it comes a Hi gain Mesa preset which is my current tone you hear in my new recordings after that i have a clean preset then a more of a mellow kind of distortion. fat sound, after that i have the same thing with an octavia and after it another fat distortion (more like satriani). I use one preset per song (except for the fat sound>octavia thing) and usualyl stick to the hi gain preset (mesa atm) in stomp mode, this way i have distortion and when i need some little clean I can get it it by turning off my overdrive and changing my pickups to the 2nd position or 4th) where i have coil tapping with phase cancellation with the middle single coil... gives some nice tubey broke up cleans (not that nice cleans to be honest, but sounds good to my ears ), may be roll the volume a bit... if the song is clean then i'll go tot he clean preset. and so on... also well i have some other patches thrown here and there but i use them only for like experimenting and only once in awhile... and use only the ones i mentioned above when im playing live or recording

and i fixed the link (the song was actually non-public so i just changed that) http://vendettav.bandcamp.com/track/eighty-eight

Which fast bit and slow bit? You mean from main riff to chorus?
Im working on the tone a bit, trying to cut the sizzle a little, add a bit of low end.
Wondering if I should keep the fizzy current patch on the left and a middier bassier one on the right?

And how would I go about mixing the drums better? Im using Drumkit from Hell into EZ Drummer.
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Which fast bit and slow bit? You mean from main riff to chorus?
Im working on the tone a bit, trying to cut the sizzle a little, add a bit of low end.
Wondering if I should keep the fizzy current patch on the left and a middier bassier one on the right?

And how would I go about mixing the drums better? Im using Drumkit from Hell into EZ Drummer.

well you know after the fast beat like the drums go hihat bass hi hat bass.. then it gets slow.... i guess chorus yeah

erm well idk... i'd go with turning off the bleed on the snare, lowering the room a bit and raising the bass (in the mixer). DFH is good but it needs some tweaking
Ok, next question: What's your favorite effect on your rp unit? Mine is probably flange.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Quote by kutless999
Ok, next question: What's your favorite effect on your rp unit? Mine is probably flange.

Chorus

Quote by Vendetta V
well you know after the fast beat like the drums go hihat bass hi hat bass.. then it gets slow.... i guess chorus yeah

erm well idk... i'd go with turning off the bleed on the snare, lowering the room a bit and raising the bass (in the mixer). DFH is good but it needs some tweaking

Eh? Meaning?
Quote by Vendetta V
i'd still vote for a MFX Patrick, idk but i am using my RP355 in conjunction with a wah, octaver, EQ, delay, flanger, fuzz, booster and that's it for now i guess and that's a HUGE hassle already... the MFX part is cool but like i have to yet organize my pedalboard and each time i'm to get a new pedal or something i'm thru the hard times of thinking "now where will this one go?"

GS Lead 5, first of all i love your distortion sound now the clean sound in the beggining would surely benefit from a nice reverb or delay and cutting out a bit of the bass. make it more spanky
may be put a nice drum roll (in triplets or something) that'll break the fast rhythm and smoothly transfer into the slower part, same about when it gets fast

and idk dont want to be an ass or something but the drumset needs some better mixing overall

I love the piece tho, just a little stuff to fix here and there and you have a killer metal track

as for the presets, i actually am looking for a good way of doing it. yep still looking for it. I actualyl have my Old Higain preset on the Meddle place, then it comes a Hi gain Mesa preset which is my current tone you hear in my new recordings after that i have a clean preset then a more of a mellow kind of distortion. fat sound, after that i have the same thing with an octavia and after it another fat distortion (more like satriani). I use one preset per song (except for the fat sound>octavia thing) and usualyl stick to the hi gain preset (mesa atm) in stomp mode, this way i have distortion and when i need some little clean I can get it it by turning off my overdrive and changing my pickups to the 2nd position or 4th) where i have coil tapping with phase cancellation with the middle single coil... gives some nice tubey broke up cleans (not that nice cleans to be honest, but sounds good to my ears ), may be roll the volume a bit... if the song is clean then i'll go tot he clean preset. and so on... also well i have some other patches thrown here and there but i use them only for like experimenting and only once in awhile... and use only the ones i mentioned above when im playing live or recording

and i fixed the link (the song was actually non-public so i just changed that) http://vendettav.bandcamp.com/track/eighty-eight

I know what you mean. The only effects I dont want to use on a multi effect unit is my modded ts-7 and my modded crybaby. Everything else I dont mind a multi unit for. I think it would simplify my rig a lot.

GS lead 5 I listened to your track and I agree with vVandetta about your cleans. But the rest of the song was nice. Just make some changes to the cleans and you have a pretty sweet thing going.
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Chorus

Eh? Meaning?

erm well again open up the EZ's mixer, turn the bleed switch on the snare off, turn down the room volume and raise the kick volume a bit. that's a nice starting point. DFH is good as i said but the kick aint the best for blast or stuff like that unless you tweak it
you don't even have mine listed

well it is an oldie , the distortion and comp, are analog and the reverb and other
stuff is digital was made in the 90s one of the first multipedal boards $800 new .

all metal housing well built .
Quote by torkman
you don't even have mine listed

well it is an oldie , the distortion and comp, are analog and the reverb and other
stuff is digital was made in the 90s one of the first multipedal boards $800 new .

all metal housing well built .

WHOA. Relic.
CLIPS.
@V: OK, im gonna try that out when I rerecord the song with vocals.
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at Jul 17, 2011,
Quote by GS LEAD 5
WHOA. Relic.
CLIPS.

that's the analog part of the board not being all digital .

i think that when the rp21 was released they went all digital and were
valve pedals to mimic more warm analog sound . kinda strange huh
Quote by GS LEAD 5
GSP 1101 with an ENGL E530?
EDIT: Im almost certain it is.
IWAS RIGHT!~
HAPPY NRD!

Now all I need is a cab / better monitors.

Oh and a rack case, and a Line 6 G90 wireless, and a tube power amp, and a floorboard that can control both the GSP and the E530, and a rackmount power distributor and... and...

Quote by Syriel

Now all I need is a cab / better monitors.

Oh and a rack case, and a Line 6 G90 wireless, and a tube power amp, and a 0floorboard that can control both the GSP and the E530, and a rackmount power distributor and... and...

I dont think one exists IIRC the GSP will only work with the control 2, it uses CAT5 whereas the e530 uses regular stereo 6.3 mm jacks.
Quote by GS LEAD 5
I dont think one exists IIRC the GSP will only work with the control 2, it uses CAT5 whereas the e530 uses regular stereo 6.3 mm jacks.

You know me, I snoop around the interwebs alot like a stalker. I've seen quite some people using the cheap Behringer FCB1010 as a floorboard, which can control midi as well as send commands via 6.3 mm jacks which are commonly used by amps without midi.

I've also asked around stores, and switchers like the GCX audio switcher by Voodoo Labs or the RJM Amp Gizmo can control the ENGL as well via MIDI floorboards by sending switch controls to the 6.3mm jacks.

The Voodoo Lab GCX Audio Switcher + Ground Control Pro sounds tasty, but I can also keep using the Control 2 if I just pickup the Audio Switcher / Amp Gizmo.
Last edited by Syriel at Jul 17, 2011,
I knew it!

See gslead, I told you he was getting the gsp1101.

HNDRD!! Syriel!
Last edited by kutless999 at Jul 17, 2011,
Quote by kutless999
I knew it!

See gslead, I told you he was getting the gsp1101.

HNDPD!! Syriel!

If that DPD means Digitech Pedal Day, you better change it to DRD cuz its a Rack unit. XP

It was a cheap unit. A bargain. I decided to pull the trigger and just pick up the ENGL for the main tone. The ENGL was also a bargain, and together, they're one neat rack with massive amounts of Toans of Win.
Last edited by Syriel at Jul 17, 2011,
Hey Syriel, how much better is the gsp than your g2?
Quote by kutless999
Hey Syriel, how much better is the gsp than your g2?

Quality wise, quantity wise, its pretty much superior compared to the G2.1Nu. The amp models on the GSP has a way more powerful push on it, and responds a lot more to dynamics. The effects on the GSP sound way more natural as well. I especially love how you can assign a boost before the amp model, unlike the G2.1Nu which you had to choose whether you pick an amp model or a boost. That's the G2.1Nu's weirdest part IMO.

The G2.1Nu is great, but after playing the GSP1101 and the ENGL, it just sounds thin and lacking now. Playing them back to back, I finally realized how "processed" the G2.1Nu sounds. I always thought the G2.1Nu sounded pretty nice despite having played a couple high end amps and what not, but I guess that was just an illusion created by not having the amps here to compare them.
Syriel, let's compare the dual rec model. Let's just play some simple power chords and riffs. I'll post my rec in a day or so.
Quote by GS LEAD 5
^I always wondered what the dual chips did.
Wanna compare tones?

Use the 5150 model, play Violent Revolution by Kreator. Post your settings, il try to replicate them.

Mmk. Gimme a while to learn the song and make a patch decent enough. XD
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Does it still work?

yea it works , these old rp10 pedal's were built road worthy and you can use them to control recording programs or even gtr3 , or other guitar programs that are midi capable
say you have a (wha or volume) in your guitar program you can map the pedal to
that effect or any of the other controllers up 10 separate controls or effects .

im not even sure that the new pedals are even midi capable to control other programs i know there usb for settings .

it may be obsolete but it still has its uses
well that's just cool. i mean the RP10. newer ones arent advertised as to have midi but during software installation and whatnot it says MIDI device found/installed. a dude from Digitech's forums had found that they are midi compatible but i dont know much more than that
Quote by kutless999
Syriel, let's compare the dual rec model. Let's just play some simple power chords and riffs. I'll post my rec in a day or so.

Dual rec model- lets play Enter Sandman, and Violent Revolution for the 5150.
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Dual rec model- lets play Enter Sandman, and Violent Revolution for the 5150.

Okay, and let's use a scooped eq and no tubescreamer. I only know the beginning though.
How much gain, and what reverb?
Enter sandman, its nice and easy, just the main riff. Its a tone comparison, not a guitar contest. And Violent Revolution, main riff and chorus if you can.
Il post mine tnight, with a screen of the patch.
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at Jul 18, 2011,
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Enter sandman, its nice and easy, just the main riff. Its a tone comparison, not a guitar contest. And Violent Revolution, main riff and chorus if you can.
Il post mine tnight, with a screen of the patch.

hmm what's the main riff tehre? the clean thing?
the one i said would be better cause it's like all dirty chugging and whatnot. idk
Quote by Vendetta V
hmm what's the main riff tehre? the clean thing?
the one i said would be better cause it's like all dirty chugging and whatnot. idk

Na not the clean thing

The dirty riff just before vocals start, and the chugging during the verses.

Oh, and how about some djent as well? I know Tesseracts Deception.....
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at Jul 18, 2011,