Page 5 of 54
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Eh? Whats that supposed to mean?

I was refering to the "penis boost" thing :P

as for teh tone, it's nice, i only now listened to it and it's really cool only that idk something was wrong with the Guitar vs drums. the drums were too quite and idk was it me or did you get out of tempo or did it on purpose?
Quote by Vendetta V
I was refering to the "penis boost" thing :P

as for teh tone, it's nice, i only now listened to it and it's really cool only that idk something was wrong with the Guitar vs drums. the drums were too quite and idk was it me or did you get out of tempo or did it on purpose?

I played too fast have a tendency to do that. Though it didnt sound that bad? Just a few places in the beginning.....
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at Jul 18, 2011,
Quote by GS LEAD 5
I played too fast have a tendency to do that. Though it didnt sound that bad? Just a few places in the beginning.....

yeah not bad but just unusual you know.. like the brain was saying there's somehting not right

anyways, soon coming up another song by me. and one more and the album is read... and ive got 4 albums with RP355... trusty Digitech unit
Quote by Vendetta V
yeah not bad but just unusual you know.. like the brain was saying there's somehting not right

anyways, soon coming up another song by me. and one more and the album is read... and ive got 4 albums with RP355... trusty Digitech unit

4 albums?
I find it hard enough to make one song x.x
On a different note, the Violent Revolution patch sounds a bit too thick :shrugs: and it soudns kinda far away, doesnt have that in the room feel that I want.
Too man mids? Mid knob is at ten.....
Any ideas? Im looking for a 5150 tone somewhat like August Burns Red, with a wee bit less gain......this tone I got sounds a bit like early aArch Enemy to me
Quote by GS LEAD 5
4 albums?
I find it hard enough to make one song x.x

yeah the first one was 60 mins long, second was 95 mins long third was 70 i guess and this one is a bit short... but hey that's already 3+ hours of material

hmm may be try lowering the bass, raising the treble or the presence? is the sound from the amp like that or is it what you get in the recording?
Quote by Vendetta V
yeah the first one was 60 mins long, second was 95 mins long third was 70 i guess and this one is a bit short... but hey that's already 3+ hours of material

hmm may be try lowering the bass, raising the treble or the presence? is the sound from the amp like that or is it what you get in the recording?

Recording. Amp tone is completely different.

Amp tones a lot more ballsy, with way more clarity. Has none of the fizziness that the recording has. I get a dry chunky punch to palm mutes which doesnt come while recording.

EDIT: THe more I hear it, the more im liking the sound. It has this thick chunkiness that im really beginning to like.
I'll get around to recording the recto in a few days. I have been very busy lately so I haven't had time.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Same here Kutless! haha busy is the keyword for me for tehse few days

to GS, i think you gotta lower the volume for recording on your RP> o to the pickup raw and rotate the USB record level (idk if RP500 has it, RP355 does) I usually put it down to around 8 cause anything higher and i clip the input signal.
oh and are you using a cabinet simulator or the amp/mix switch on your pedal?? otherwise it's gonna sound like a freaking sand ripping your computer apart
Quote by Vendetta V
Same here Kutless! haha busy is the keyword for me for tehse few days

to GS, i think you gotta lower the volume for recording on your RP> o to the pickup raw and rotate the USB record level (idk if RP500 has it, RP355 does) I usually put it down to around 8 cause anything higher and i clip the input signal.
oh and are you using a cabinet simulator or the amp/mix switch on your pedal?? otherwise it's gonna sound like a freaking sand ripping your computer apart

Everything from RP. Recto 412 cab model.
Pickup raw? USB record level is usually on 4.
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Everything from RP. Recto 412 cab model.
Pickup raw? USB record level is usually on 4.

how bout the Amp mix switch in the back of the unit? is it engaged?

ok here's a question which is out of topic but since we all know each other

go you think something like this

http://store.guitarfetish.com/Wilkinson-Stainless-Saddle-Trem-Fits-ALL-Strats-Sparkling-Chrome_p_895.html

or this

http://store.guitarfetish.com/NEW-Heavy-Duty-Dual-Locking-Floyd-Rose-Trem-BRASSSTEEL_p_518.html

would make a nice mod for my strat? dont want a recessed FR but a FR in general would be nice you know
I would get the first one. Floyd rose bridges can be knida tricky to setup.
Quote by kutless999
I would get the first one. Floyd rose bridges can be knida tricky to setup.

well im not worried about setup, in fact im quite satisfied about my current bridge.. ut.. ahh whatever. guess i'll be happier not swapping the bridge. tho im interested in the wilkinson one.. what's it advantages to a normal fender trem?
Quote by Vendetta V
how bout the Amp mix switch in the back of the unit? is it engaged?

ok here's a question which is out of topic but since we all know each other

go you think something like this

http://store.guitarfetish.com/Wilkinson-Stainless-Saddle-Trem-Fits-ALL-Strats-Sparkling-Chrome_p_895.html

or this

http://store.guitarfetish.com/NEW-Heavy-Duty-Dual-Locking-Floyd-Rose-Trem-BRASSSTEEL_p_518.html

would make a nice mod for my strat? dont want a recessed FR but a FR in general would be nice you know

Its in the IN position, ie in the MIXER 1/4 position. If I leave it out, I get horrible bees getting raped sounds from my amp. With it in, it sounds as it should.
I would just keep your bridge if youre happy with it V.
Hey, is there a way on the rp to make an amp model respond to picking dynamics?(like when you pick harder theres more gain and vice versa)
Last edited by kutless999 at Jul 19, 2011,
Quote by kutless999
Hey, is there a way on the rp to make an amp model respond to picking dynamics?(like when you pick harder theres more gain and vice versa)

Um fiddle with the gain knob.
And your volume knob. The RP's models are pretty responsive IMO.
Example. Take the Deluxe Reverb model, set gain at 70. Pick lightly, typical spanky Fender clean. Pick hard, sharpish twangy crunch.

Want a recording?
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Um fiddle with the gain knob.
And your volume knob. The RP's models are pretty responsive IMO.
Example. Take the Deluxe Reverb model, set gain at 70. Pick lightly, typical spanky Fender clean. Pick hard, sharpish twangy crunch.

Want a recording?

Thanks, I'll try that later. What about the dual rec model?

Sure, that would be great if you could record it.
Quote by kutless999
Thanks, I'll try that later. What about the dual rec model?

Sure, that would be great if you could record it.

Youre not gonna get decent picking dynamics out of a high gain model. High gain=compression. With the gain knob at say 3/10 or so, you can use your volume knob to clean up a little. It wont be a pristine clean however. And 5150 refuses to clean up no matter what I do.

Are you talking about triggered amp model changes?
As in when picking lightly, the gain is set low, and a harder pick attack causes the gain to set itself higher?

IIRC only the Boss GT8/10/Pro does this. You can set an LFO to vary amp gain, or assign amp gain/pre gain stage volume to the Expression pedal. However, I dont think the RP series allows you to set up triggers for anything except the modulation effects (ie triggered flange, auto wah) and the compressor.
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Youre not gonna get decent picking dynamics out of a high gain model. High gain=compression. With the gain knob at say 3/10 or so, you can use your volume knob to clean up a little. It wont be a pristine clean however. And 5150 refuses to clean up no matter what I do.

Are you talking about triggered amp model changes?
As in when picking lightly, the gain is set low, and a harder pick attack causes the gain to set itself higher?

IIRC only the Boss GT8/10/Pro does this. You can set an LFO to vary amp gain, or assign amp gain/pre gain stage volume to the Expression pedal. However, I dont think the RP series allows you to set up triggers for anything except the modulation effects (ie triggered flange, auto wah) and the compressor.

Yeah, like on the some of the cube amps they have a "dyna drive" model which responds to picking dynamics.(when you pick harder, there's more gain, and when you pick softer, there's less gain)

Hey V, how does the whammy on your rp355 compare to the actual whammy pedal?
Last edited by kutless999 at Jul 20, 2011,
Quote by kutless999
Yeah, like on the some of the cube amps they have a "dyna drive" model which responds to picking dynamics.(when you pick harder, there's more gain, and when you pick softer, there's less gain)

Hey V, how does the whammy on your rp355 compare to the actual whammy pedal?

Youll get that only on things that use COSM then (the GT's use COSM IIRC).
Whats the pont though? Anything that needs high gain usually wont need response to picking dynamics and anything low to mid gain that responds naturally wont be too fussy about it.

Im putting up a clip in a few minutes to show what I mean.

http://soundcloud.com/arghyadeepmitra/01-110720-2113
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at Jul 20, 2011,
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Whats the pont though? Anything that needs high gain usually wont need response to picking dynamics and anything low to mid gain that responds naturally wont be too fussy about it.

Yeah, I just thought it would be cool if you could do that. I guess I can just use my guitars volume knob.
I can't listen to it right now but I will later.
checking the clip

GS is correct, anything higain won't need a clean sound at the same time. Like i dont use cleans that much and when im playing live i just roll down the volume and get something like a broken up cleans. if i need a clean setting in general then i'll jsut go to my clean preset. but usually i play heavy stuff and have my volume backed for cleanish parts, also turning off your overdrive helps

as for the Whammy thing, dude idk, it's not my opinion only but those thigns are identical, other than the fact that Whammy pedal is a single peadl with it's advantages (like put it wherever you want in the chain, turn it on and off whenever you wanmt, it's always tehre you know and stuff like that). a lot of other people would say this

EDIT: T3h CLIP! actualyl nice crunch ... and goes clean yeeey I'l try that out
Last edited by Vendetta V at Jul 20, 2011,
Yeah, I don't know why I need cleans from the dual rec model anyways. What do you guys think of the pickup sim? I've never played an HH guitar so I wouldn't know how good it is.
Quote by GS LEAD 5

http://soundcloud.com/arghyadeepmitra/01-110720-2113

Wow, I wish I could make my amp model sound that good. Mine usually don't sound that good.(but they still sound pretty good)
Last edited by kutless999 at Jul 20, 2011,
idk, ot me it was just a little filter/booster. didnt work that well with my single coils. tho i guess it was cause of them being a bit muddy... I havent tried the vice versa with my current humbuckers.

I got a Zoom g1nx yesterday to repair (jst minor stuff you know) and damn compared to RP355 that thing is crap
Quote by kutless999
Wow, I wish I could make my amp model sound that good. Mine usually don't sound that good.(but they still sound pretty good)

I thought it was a rpetty ordinary sounding thing

Deluxe Reverb model, gain at 75, bass at 6, mids at 7, treble at 9.
Quote by Vendetta V
idk, ot me it was just a little filter/booster. didnt work that well with my single coils. tho i guess it was cause of them being a bit muddy... I havent tried the vice versa with my current humbuckers.

I got a Zoom g1nx yesterday to repair (jst minor stuff you know) and damn compared to RP355 that thing is crap

What has to be repaired on it?

I wish you could put up a clip of how bad it is...
So are there any other differences in the RP series aside from the different bells and whistles(looper, usb intereface, etc). I noticed all the new RP models use the same Audio DNA processor so should all the amp models be pretty much the same?(aside from the fact that the larger units have more models/options)
I've had the RP90 for 7 months and I'm starting to realize that it is rather underrated. Can anybody confirm or deny this? Like I said I checked on the website and it looks like they all use the same processor.
Well, the rp90 is plastic and doesnt have a looper and the knobs are different from the rp155 etc. series. I think the rp90 does not sound as good as the rp155 etc. models do, IMO. And plus, the rp90 is older, so it sounds a little different than the newer models do. It's still a decent first mfx pedal.

And yes, the tone is the same for the rp155 and up models.
Quote by kutless999
Well, the rp90 is plastic and doesnt have a looper and the knobs are different from the rp155 etc. series. I think the rp90 does not sound as good as the rp155 etc. models do, IMO. And plus, the rp90 is older, so it sounds a little different than the newer models do. It's still a decent first mfx pedal.

And yes, the tone is the same for the rp155 and up models.

Yea I pointed out the obvious differences in my post(i missed the fact its plastic)
My new question would be. If the pedals use the SAME Audio processor wouldnt they have the same audio quality? Even if its older(which I dont think it is, its still in the current line up on the website)

I used to think the audio quality sucked on the RP90 but its taken me a while to figure out how to EQ it to my liking and what not. I think it sounds pretty good.
I've tried pedals that are worth 3 times as much but got shit tone out of them too.

Im just trying to figure out whether its worth the trouble to get a new pedal but so far from what I've seen I'm just gonna save for an amp.
The layout is also different on the rp90. But yeah, it just takes a while to make it sound good. I think a new amp would be better too.
Quote by dopelope
So are there any other differences in the RP series aside from the different bells and whistles(looper, usb intereface, etc). I noticed all the new RP models use the same Audio DNA processor so should all the amp models be pretty much the same?(aside from the fact that the larger units have more models/options)
I've had the RP90 for 7 months and I'm starting to realize that it is rather underrated. Can anybody confirm or deny this? Like I said I checked on the website and it looks like they all use the same processor.

The RP 90 is the one with a green LED screen right? If so, its the older generation of RP products. The current one has the newer Audio DNA 2 chip.
well RP90 is different from the newer generation the newer one has the DNA 2 chip and they are all identical on the models/features they have (some of which are available on higher models and whatnot, you know..)

I'm actually wondering about RPx50 models and RPx55 models. they both have DNA2 chips... i know one thing that RP250 had to mute your signal for a second or something to change the presets. RP355 doesnt do it